• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy's 7th release the "Patriot" and Legacy news

However it flies, I'm bagging it. I'll fit in in the rotation somewhere, that's the beauty of bagging multiple of the same mold! (Hard to beat the teebird/eagle combo)

also, decided to pick up a stiff pearly patriot and see if it mimics my experiences with my FR pearly pinnacles, which seemed to be quite OS for a patriot.

yep. funny thing is, it has a lower PLH than my flatter, light and gummy patriots which are hyzerflip/turnover discs out of the box.

lower plh, way more stability.

oreillycantexplain1.jpg

Last edited:
So I've lost 3 patriots in 7 days. That's pretty cool.

Just left my new Patriot on the course here. Had groups playing dollar dubs right behind me, but no one found it. Hmm.......

Have lost both Patriots I have owned the same way. Fail.

Also, the stiff pearly heavy Pats are TLs. A local who throws ~600 threw one flat and high, and it turned very slightly, held it about 75% of the flight before finishing on an aggressive hyzer line. Over 400' away.

He threw that same discs after I used it for BH rollers for a while beating it in to a laser beam hyzerflipper, and it was no where near the same story. Haha.

Heavy pearly Pats beat in to be so so so straight in a lot of wind conditions. I want a lighter flippy one though. Bad. The Antidote just isn't long enough yo be my US FW.

Patriot 4 lyfe

I had a white icon that had turn out of the box and it beat in very quickly to a hard turnover disc so i gave it away to a local that didnt have much power and he could throw it almost twice as far as anything in his bag.

I recommend Icon pats for people wanting something that beats in faster.

You really can cover a ton of lines with Patriots. I'm very glad I made the switch from Leopard/Teebird. Patriot/PD is a really good combo for me.

I'm bagging 4 Patriots now:

175 Lt Blue Pinn. (Opaque, Gummy, flat) - Very straight stable. Not much HSS or LSF.
174 Orange Pinn. (Clear, hard, domey) - slightly understable. Released flat will turn and come back.
174 Yellow Icon (domey) - Will turn and hold the angle all the way to the ground. Another 2 months of wear and this will kick out the Excel, and I'll replace with a fresh Icon.
172 Orange Excel - two tree hits and it's a flipper. Don't really trust this one yet.

You really can cover a ton of lines with Patriots. I'm very glad I made the switch from Leopard/Teebird. Patriot/PD is a really good combo for me.

I'm bagging 4 Patriots now:

175 Lt Blue Pinn. (Opaque, Gummy, flat) - Very straight stable. Not much HSS or LSF.
174 Orange Pinn. (Clear, hard, domey) - slightly understable. Released flat will turn and come back.
174 Yellow Icon (domey) - Will turn and hold the angle all the way to the ground. Another 2 months of wear and this will kick out the Excel, and I'll replace with a fresh Icon.
172 Orange Excel - two tree hits and it's a flipper. Don't really trust this one yet.
Great combo. I may do that, although the 4 PDs I would usually bag cover allot of shots as well. 1 euro glow OS, 1 sline OS/S, 1 gline S/US, 1 pline US. But I could go euro, sline or gline and then patriots...? Patriots just feel so good the grip. I think I'm gonna do this, because If I'm bagging pats I like a little more stability vs. my rivals.

Good idea

I was thinking the same thing, only Nemesis will be out soon and im going to wait and see if that fills the role.

PD's are definitely faster and more OS for me, although I'm mainly throwing C-line and S-line. Not much overlap there.

I just added my first P-line to the bag and it definitely overlaps with my Patriots a little bit, although I would still say it's noticeably faster.

Basically I'm throwing Patriots on anything that needs to finish straight or right, up to about 350-360'. PD's for anything that needs to finish left, up to 380-390'. I don't throw my Destroyers much further.

If I didn't like teslas so much I'd just go patriot, pd, giant. I actually really miss that setup. Could probably try a volt now too, since they've got plasma available.

Last edited:
I found a stack of gummy fingerprinty patriots. It seems to be the opaque whites that have that characteristics.

Anyone else like these too? I really enjoy them. (As well as the stiff pearly ones)

don't particularly care for the pinnacles myself, but good lord the icon is great. took a deuce on two holes i'd never came even close to before. always a 3 or a 4. pretty much any time the fairway looks like this

c98dd904_m.jpg

or this

f7aabe76_m.jpg

or even this

55555682_m.jpg

i know what i'm gonna do every single time. these holes used to get into my head every single round. now i just flip my patriot and it locks onto that laserbeam line. no worries.

I recognize that Oakwood hole!!!! haha I usually throw a Roadrunner up that B. Still a hard 2 to hit

My Icon Patriot has dutifully stayed in my bag for a very long time now, while other similar discs have gotten lost or got kicked out. Really like the understable flight line it has. Predictable turn, with some fade at the end. Great for tunnel shots, straight shots, hyzer flips, and such.

I also love the Volt, but that is another story ;)

Pearly stiff pinnacle and a gummy fingerprinty lightweight milky white.

picture.php

PEW PEW