• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] Legacy's 7th release the "Patriot" and Legacy news

lion

I'm feeling frisky.
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
First the news:

Orginally Legacy was expecting the Rival to be done in early September, but with constant delays and mold fixes and mold changes and plastic being altered there getting the mold back for the Rival on Friday 2nd of November. If they get it early enough in the day then prototypes will be made and I will finally get them and send them out. Sorry for the delays. The Rival when released will be released in Pinnacle plastic and will only be available in pinnacle for the first few months.

The 1st run Pinnacle Ghost will be released as a fundraiser starting next week and will only be available as a fundraiser. Orginally thought it would be released this week, but with the hurricane delaying the time Legacy gets its plastic it was pushed back until the end of next week. These Ghosts will be more stable then the current Ghosts. I will have some on here to sell with my personal stamp.

The Protege plastic has gone thru 7 changes and a million experiments. I really like the latest stuff, but Legacy is not going to release the new protege stuff until the durability gets even better. Its probably 10 times stronger, just not where they want it. Legacy is learning the plastic and when its where they want it I will let you know when they release it.

Now the "Patriot" is Legacy's 7th disc and there second fairway driver. The mold for the Patriot will be ready Tomorrow Friday the 2nd. If they get the mold early enough with the Rival they will make prototypes aswell. The Patriot will be an understable fairway driver. It will either be a speed 7 or 8. I will give some of the Patriots away on DGCR once I have them. Probably a free drawing like the Rival, except I will have them in hand when I do it. The Patriot once released will only be available in Icon plastic for awhile. I also hear that one vendor will also be the only vendor carrying them for the 1st month iof release. The Patriot's stamp is already been designed and it fits the bill perfectly. Make me proud to be an american. The Patriot is unique and different as the Rico's have stated.

Rumor mill also has it that the maybe the 8th released disc from Legacy will be a slower driver. Cant wait to see since I hear the design is already done.

Good for Legacy, taking time to get things right. I think these fairway drivers are going to be gobbled up quick.

Can't wait to throw these. Hopefully they will have several of them when I visit in December.
DSCJNKY

I'm excited for The Patriot! I'm not much for understable discs, but being Active Duty, I think it fits me perfectly, especially if it had a righteous red, white and blue color scheme (hint, hint...)

What does your personal stamp that will be on the ghost look like?

I'm super stoked to see what they are doing with their Fairway drivers. The Ghost was sweet, the Cannon is sweet, I love the Clozer and the Clutch. The Rival seems like it will be a Teebird/Eagle and this Patriot is sounding like it could be a Leopard. Although I would think it would be appropriate for them to make an Eagle clone and call it the Patriot. Either way I'm super excited.

Love the Ghost where it is so I am not sure I want a more stable one, however, I love the Pinnacle plastic. That is way the Pinnacle Canon is perfect for me. I am planning on holding a Legacy Ace Race here in Minnesota sometime late March, likely March 30th, and I am looking forward to having some of these new discs (which should be in production by then, right?) to pass out. I am thinking an understable driver like The Patriot would fit the bill perfectly.

I'm going by the legacy shop Thursday, do excited to see it all.

going to throw my name out now if you are looking for a test im your huckleberry.

Lion,
I've heard from someone that is close to Steve that there are plans to mold a disc that is basically a very flat, very stable Teebird-like disc. I was told their goal is essentially a 11x CAL Teebird. Is there any truth to that?

The Icon ghost is a real staple in my bag....Loving the sound of the Patriot!