• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard and Eagle 300'???

Thanks for all the responses. I have a g star leopard 3, a champ leopard 3, a pro Eagle. I have also tried the sidewinder but I just cant get enough speed to get it to turn over. I will keep at it, great advice here.

DGCR is a great resource. Read through the forums, techniques, etc. If you want to, I know there are some technique savvy people that can critique your form if you post videos and pics. I'd check it out! 300' is definitely achievable!

Thanks for all the responses. I have a g star leopard 3, a champ leopard 3, a pro Eagle. I have also tried the sidewinder but I just cant get enough speed to get it to turn over. I will keep at it, great advice here.

I'm 43 and I'm working to try and get to 400' consistent with a Trespass. Don't let age be an excuse just yet. I've worked up to that disc and distance. When I started and started reading this forum and learning as much as I could a star eagle was my go to for distance. I was consistently over 350' with it. I tried several and that speed 7 is pretty magical speed. Eagle, Teebird and River are my faves and i wasn't getting anymore distance from a valkry than I was from them until I started getting speed 10 distance than I was using a variety of different discs. Right now eagle and leo3 will be as long and anything you throw that Eagle really does have great glide.

Could be the plastic too. If he's got some worn in DX, its harder to keep them from rolling over when trying to them far...

I was wondering about plastic too. Since it seems you have not discussed understable patterns I would say he is probably not doing DX especially with the leopard. I've been throwing the eagle as hard as I can forehand since it was such a meathook for me. I found with enough power this thing just goes straight very well. I've just his 260' with the Leopard and think I could do more with better form and more practice. Inbounds flight guide gives the max distance estimates for each disc. the Leopard is around 331'. I'll spread it around: set a distance goal improvement, make a plan, measure your current distances, practice, measure distances a month or two later. How did you do? I'll see you in a couple of months ;-)

Yep, better players throw mids and putters 300+ feet. Watch JohnE McCray throw his Shield. Paul McBeth throws his Nova 350 ft. or more, and that's on videotape. :)

I'm over 50, and I'm not getting speed 7 discs to 300 ft., and might never. I've worked on form and still work on it. I don't think my form is awful, though it's not up to Paige Pierce standards.

I did some work today with my 10 Valkryries of all plastics, various weights, and varying PLHs. I was getting 220-280 ft. with them... on standstill throws, where I worked on weight transfer, rotating my hips and shoulders, and properly pulling the disc through with my arm. On X-Step throws? 220-280 ft... (and the discs that tend to go shorter or longer did so consistently). IOW, no difference...

Absolutely those discs will do that for an average player. I throw my Roc3s up to 325ish and this Saturday will be my first tournament after moving up to intermediate. You just have to get that form down. I'm 16 years old, been playing for only a little over 2 and a half years, and probably couldn't bench press a hundred pounds, but form is what allows me to throw 400+ anytime there isn't a headwind.

Absolutely those discs will do that for an average player. I throw my Roc3s up to 325ish and this Saturday will be my first tournament after moving up to intermediate. You just have to get that form down. I'm 16 years old, been playing for only a little over 2 and a half years, and probably couldn't bench press a hundred pounds, but form is what allows me to throw 400+ anytime there isn't a headwind.

I am jealous of you. :(

(Just kidding. ;) )

Well I guess small arms and big distance go together (I'm 18 and can throw almost 400 both BH and FH though). How tall are you and how long are your arms? I'm curious as I'm about 6'2" and have at least a 6'4" wingspan but am only 150 lbs.

Well I guess small arms and big distance go together (I'm 18 and can throw almost 400 both BH and FH though). How tall are you and how long are your arms? I'm curious as I'm about 6'2" and have at least a 6'4" wingspan but am only 150 lbs.

I'm 6'2 with around 6'4" armspan, about 155 lbs, and turn 17 in 2 weeks. My longest GPS measured throw was 475 with a shryke but I typically max around 410-425 backhand but I don't forehand much except for <150 ft. upshots and so my comfortable distance for forehand is around 250 with a firebird or destroyer. Probably only hit 300 once with forehand

One thing to consider: you are asking a bunch of DG nerds if this is possible.

For most of them, yep.

300' is a very nice throw for someone who is: uncoordinated, old, overweight, underweight, out of shape, weak-armed, arthritic, unathletic, etc.

I always love it when people here say anyone can throw a mid 300'.

Work on accuracy and putting. That can be a great equalizer if you aren't getting the distance.

One thing to consider: you are asking a bunch of DG nerds if this is possible.

For most of them, yep.

300' is a very nice throw for someone who is: uncoordinated, old, overweight, underweight, out of shape, weak-armed, arthritic, unathletic, etc.

I always love it when people here say anyone can throw a mid 300'.

Work on accuracy and putting. That can be a great equalizer if you aren't getting the distance.

This is very true. One of the best players I have ever played with usually maxes out around 300. He had some health issues earlier this year and played his first round of 2017 about 3 or 4 weeks ago and shot 3 down on a course that even is typically a little over 900 rated.

I was just responding to the "is this possible" part of the post and responded with the answer. A year and a half ago, I couldn't throw a 150 leopard over 275 but I practiced and anyone can gain distance with practice because practice helps form

Thanks for the responses. I've come to the conclusion I'm a 7 speed. At 42 I just dont have the whip my boys do. I'm going to stick with 7s and try to work them out over 300. I just wasnt sure if 7 speed discs could fly over 300 with that speed.

Work on your form. I'm 43 and regularly get over 500' in usable golf distance. You CAN keep up with (and beat) your boys! :hfive: