• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Leopard Lust...!

Well, I lost my seasoned Pro Leopard last week. :(

Brought out the back-up, and lost it after one round. :mad: :wall:

Wife let me borrow her 150 Champ, and I am digging it! :thmbup: Thing has the most gennnntle turn and pretty sweet glide. I think I am going to like it! :)

Yay Leos!¡! :clap:

ps. dx at 173g & the champs at 151g

Attachments

• leos_1342406305583.jpg
    leos_1342406305583.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 53
Just got mt first leopard. 173g E*. Its laser straight with a slight glidey fade at the end, but it will also hold big annys too. I'm loving how it holds any line I put it on! It took the place of my river. I do have one question though, do domey Leo's tend to be more on the overstable side?

Just got mt first leopard. 173g E*. Its laser straight with a slight glidey fade at the end, but it will also hold big annys too. I'm loving how it holds any line I put it on! It took the place of my river. I do have one question though, do domey Leo's tend to be more on the overstable side?
yeah domey leos are more stable, and in my experience id say the e star leos have some big dome on them compared to champ or pro.

yeah domey leos are more stable, and in my experience id say the e star leos have some big dome on them compared to champ or pro.

eh?? Are leopards really more stable when they are domey? I have some domey leopards but I havent thrown them much. I had read somewhere that the general rule of thumb is that speed 9 and below is domey= less stable and flat = more stable while the reverse is true for faster discs. Is the leopard an exception to this trend? I'm rather curious about this.....

well i guess i can only comment on e stars. looking at my leos most had a mild dome, but my e stars had some more dome to it. Come to think of it i have a regular star that is flatter than the e star and it is definitely less stable. I do admit i throw champs and pros more so...

I have three beat to hell dx leos I used as thumbers on the shelf, I have a barstamp leo on the wall and two champs in my bag. The champ leos, one is factory tye dyed used as a thumber and a pearly fusia with a spinnerdiscs stamp that I use for backhand and mid range forehands. I also love the tl+mold seems to be close to the leo but the leo likes to turn then fade the tl is all fade.

That has been my experience too. Not too much turn even when thrown flat. I even threw a couple big hyzers with it yesterday and it didn;t even think about flipping flat.

Although, to add to my point above, I put a regular star and E* next to each other at the store and they were nearly identical. The only difference was the PLH on the regular Star was half a hair lower then the E*.

new run champion leopards have the barry schultz 2x stamp on them.. pre-barry champs just say Champion Leopard.. if its an x-out is kinda hard to tell.. they tend to be flatter and there is a lil different feel to them too

Question for all you leopard lovers out there.
I am about to get a old candy pro Leo from a trade. How do they fly? I keep a pro and a prebarry in the bag. The prebarry is heavy 178.5 and is really beefy for a leo. The pro is 172 with some wear and will hold an anny line to the ground.

Thanks in advance

hmm i havent thrown the "Candy" Pro but i throw the older taffy pro-lines and for me they pretty much fly like a pro leo just better plastic lol ... i throw a 168 Pro-Line and a 171 Pre-Barry and the PB is much beefier then the pro-line

just flipped thru all the photos. nice leopards in some spots. see what i did there?

thought id add a few of mine. i read a lot of people say theyd never come off theirs and are always looking for more. well these could be had. all apologies if that violates thread rules. i know this isnt the marketplace just thought id share.

IMG_20120718_011029.jpg

IMG_20120718_011018.jpg

very nice.. yeah if you really want to sell them you could try the marketplace but yeah pm headed your way :p

whats the story on the special editions anyways?

ive had a few and seen some more. the rest were flimsier and slicker. this edition seems more special. its firmer and more champy and almost tacky but not sticky. pause.