• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

List your top 5 favorite courses

Love hearing everybody list their personal favorites. We all have our own reasons. Biases welcome.
Keep the lists coming, just adding to my plans when I visit some of your areas.

And I want to second Harrah Lions Park as a favorite 9 hole. It is worth the drive if you are in OKC, just 20 min east to Harrah, OK.

Not in any particular order... Mike Miller Park, Eagle Valley at USI, Sanders Ferry, Crockett Park, North Jasper Park

1. Foundation Park DG Complex - Championship 18 Course (Centrailia, IL)
2. Water Works (Kansas City, MO)
3. Jefferson Barrack (St. Louis, MO - home course, so very biased here but still a great course)
4. Fountain Hills (Scottsdale, AZ)
5. Sioux Passage (St. Louis, MO)

He does not close hawk hollow randomly. It has to be closed due to aggressive cattle.

To be clear I meant nothing against Biscoe. He was repairing the bridges. Case of unfortunate timing. Just wanted to play that course more than anything on our trip to VA, NC, GA and SC.

Blue Gill DGC(RIP), Phantom Falls, Birds of Paradise, Justin's Trails Big Brother,Leviathan, Rolling Ridge

Well, I've only really played so far in my region, but it's a nice region, and this is my actual Favorites list so far:
icon_contract.gif
Kentucky
Independence, KY Lincoln Ridge Park

icon_contract.gif
Ohio
Butler County, OH Cabin Creek
Goshen, OH Osage Grove DGC
Dayton, OH Westbrook Park
Williamsburg, OH Williamsburg Community Park

I don't list Idlewild as a 'favorite' yet because I'm not a good enough player to feel that way about it. But it is the best course I've played.

I've decided to list complexes as one entity, otherwise multiple courses from the same complex would clutter even my top 5.

1. Highbridge Hills - Highbridge, WI
2. Ozark Mt at the Farm - Vichy, MO
3. Birds of Paradise - Miranda, CA
4. Selah Ranch - Talco, TX
5. Flyboy - Whitesburg, GA

It's actually thumber-friendly. You should come before we rectify that.

Dewgarita's list is like this site in general. As he keeps traveling to more top destinations and adding them to the top of his list, the rest are bound to get bumped down. And he's obviously going to keep traveling to them.

I need to get out east to revisit some of my favorites. I have a feeling my list is a constantly morphing thing, the more I appreciate certain aspects of courses as my game evolves, certain courses will move up or down, soo many variables, I think even the air pressure affects it.

Favorites and best are not the same for me. I am going to include courses that I have played more than once, or at least try and play routinely. This means Flyboy will not make the list, nor will Centralia. I'm trying to keep this local.

1. Patoka Lake DGC
2. Mesker Park DGC
3. Kereiakes Park
4. Holler in the Hills
5. Probably going to be the soon to be completed Camp Reveal (Evansville, IN)

Really only have played the ones around my area in Maryland but here's my list

1. Rockburn Branch Md
2. Burke Lake Va
3. Iron Hill De
4. Scarboro Hills Md
5. Codorus State Park Pa

Latest posts