• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Local League Rude Behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.
My God, I think I could spread the sanctimony in this thread on bricks like mortar and build a nice and sturdy bomb shelter with it.

That's all I have here. Carry on.

As of right now I would never invite any co-workers or family members to disc golf courses. Let's see, the ongoing use of weed in open public, the use and abuse of alcohol, the rude obnoxious language and swearing, the verbal tyrants of grown men, players pissing all over the course, hmm should I continue? Yea, disc golfers don't have an image problem, what a fallacy...

Sounds a lot like a public ball golf course to me.............just sayin

I've played many rounds in Columbia, at Oakland Park, and have played with some of the best people (and DGers) on the planet. The club there really wants to promote the fun of the sport to as many new players as they can.

Trying new things, and meeting new people, always requires a certain amount of tolerance and understanding. Welcoming new players to the sport requires that same tolerance and understanding.

I'm used to dealing with people who aren't like me. I went to public schools.

Peace, Love, Disc golf. If I sound like a hippy, then so be it.

Yeah I reread that drunken post and I sounded like an *******. Just reminded me of some bible thumper judging me one time when i was gambling for CTP (closest to pin) for $1 on a course. He actually complained to the park personnel and made it sound like we were a bunch of street thugs. I did have my shirt off. But I am a professional in a stressful field and discgolf is my escape. I am oversensitive to fuddy duddy party pooper types. She may easily (and likely does) have a very valid complaint. It was the gambling part that set me off.

I apologize for being rude to the OP with no first hand knowledge of the situation.

PS
If you don't think people should watch their language around women, you aren't from the south. Many women in fact, react more strongly to bad language and "fighting". Many are apathetic, but I bet you would find more woman object to the issues she outlined in the OP than men. I also would like her definition of "fighting". Were they really hitting each other out there? I doubt it. If not, it may be more of an issue of variance of tolerance of male behavior. This isn't chauvinism. It is biology.

Really I should have just quoted the guy that said if you don't like weed and gambling dont smoke and gamble. Then I should have STFU because everything else looks like an ******* attacking the OP.

@ Blind Pilot

You say "its not an 'image problem', its a bad seed problem"

If I said to you, "Baseball". What are some of the things that come to mind off the top of your head?

Yeah I reread that drunken post and I sounded like an *******. Just reminded me of some bible thumper judging me one time when i was gambling for CTP (closest to pin) for $1 on a course. He actually complained to the park personnel and made it sound like we were a bunch of street thugs. I did have my shirt off. But I am a professional in a stressful field and discgolf is my escape. I am oversensitive to fuddy duddy party pooper types. She may easily (and likely does) have a very valid complaint. It was the gambling part that set me off.

I apologize for being rude to the OP with no first hand knowledge of the situation.

PS
If you don't think people should watch their language around women, you aren't from the south. Many women in fact, react more strongly to bad language and "fighting". Many are apathetic, but I bet you would find more woman object to the issues she outlined in the OP than men. I also would like her definition of "fighting". Were they really hitting each other out there? I doubt it. If not, it may be more of an issue of variance of tolerance of male behavior. This isn't chauvinism. It is biology.

Really I should have just quoted the guy that said if you don't like weed and gambling dont smoke and gamble. Then I should have STFU because everything else looks like an ******* attacking the OP.

A guy with a screen name of Gamble, bothered by her use of the term "gamble". Oh, sweet irony.

@ Blind Pilot

You say "its not an 'image problem', its a bad seed problem"

If I said to you, "Baseball". What are some of the things that come to mind off the top of your head?

I played competitive softball for many years,after every game the parking lot would be filled w/ drinkers and smokers,kinda like a tailgate party,trash was left behind for someone else to pick up etc.
my son played in a youth baseball league,the coach's and some parents were verbally abusive to the umps,and each other. my sons coach got booted from 2 games,as did a few others. one time a coach and ump carried thier verbal argument to the parking lot where it got heated,curses were tossed sround freely,all in front of kids. Was it all league parents and umps? no,it was a few bad apples.

I played competitive softball for many years,after every game the parking lot would be filled w/ drinkers and smokers,kinda like a tailgate party,trash was left behind for someone else to pick up etc.
my son played in a youth baseball league,the coach's and some parents were verbally abusive to the umps,and each other. my sons coach got booted from 2 games,as did a few others. one time a coach and ump carried thier verbal argument to the parking lot where it got heated,curses were tossed sround freely,all in front of kids. Was it all league parents and umps? no,it was a few bad apples.

I used to ump for jr high games. God, that sucked. I did get into it with a few coaches and parents. A forty year old arguing with a 16 year old is pretty interesting.

I dont see anything wrong with marijuana just smoke it at your house. If you arnt grown enought to be able to put it down for a few hours and play some golf then go to rehab or just grow up.

It bothers me to see you talk on your cell phone in public, if you aren't grown up enough to leave your house without your cell phone then you need to go to rehab or just grow up.

It bothers me to see you talk on your cell phone in public, if you aren't grown up enough to leave your house without your cell phone then you need to go to rehab or just grow up.

Worst analogy ever.

Cell phones are not illegal. Oh the ignorance, I do pity you, seriously.

In the immortal words of Abe Lincoln...

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Cell phones are not illegal. Oh the ignorance, I do pity you, seriously.

In the immortal words of Abe Lincoln...

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Neither is Marijuana, not where I live. So that would make you the ignoramus. I like the effort you put in to try and sound smart though, good one.

Worst analogy ever.

Worst ability to decipher analogies I have ever witnessed.

It's surprising how many people on DGCR waste their time being bothered by things other people do when it has no effect on them, I guess if you are unhappy with your own life you tend to try and take it out on other people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts