• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Longest putter?

when I was looking for a driving putter I got this and had the same issue, more US and unreliable than I could imagine.

As I expected, good thing my friend didn't buy my Gold Pure, gotta take them out for a comparison but I wouldn't be surprised if the gold is a half tick more stable fresh even though I bet it'll even out after a few rock hits.

As I expected, good thing my friend didn't buy my Gold Pure, gotta take them out for a comparison but I wouldn't be surprised if the gold is a half tick more stable fresh even though I bet it'll even out after a few rock hits.

yeah I really liked the 'idea' of the Pure, I liked the design/shape/feel decent plastic options, but it just didn't quite perform as well as I wanted. I found what I was looking for in the Atom (and also the proxy and Envy)

not hatin on Pure lovers, but if you haven't used a Proton and Electron Atom then STFU ;) :D

Wizards have always been longest for me - ton of HSS, plenty of glide... just let it rip with a little height and it just hovers up and hovers down.

Like someone else said though, just throw a mid. I would understand however wanting a really long putter to cover that distance a little shorter than the longer, faster mids.

in my experience

opto pure
dyemax judge
anode
dart
aero

Envy/Proxy/Pure type putter if you like faster mids that rely on speed. Like Buzzzes and Roc3s.

Wizard/Aviar/Judge type putter if you like slower mids that prefer some height to glide out, like Rocs.

One I found was a long Driving Putter was a Lighting Prostyle U-2 Upshot Mine was 166 Grams. I think probably a Upshot in basic plastic would fly further being less flexible, but I also use it as a upshot and downshot putter. I think this was becuase the Upshot was/is essentially an Aviar big bead but with a lower profile. I now rarely use the Lighting Prostyle U-2 Upshot as a driving putter, I use a max weight Star Shark for this more often then the Lighting Prostyle U-2 Upshot, A Star Shark without the flight numbers, as you could still find those as of the end of 2016. The disc is not that popular in Star, the DX ones sell better as it is included in the DX Starter kit.

yeah I really liked the 'idea' of the Pure, I liked the design/shape/feel decent plastic options, but it just didn't quite perform as well as I wanted. I found what I was looking for in the Atom (and also the proxy and Envy)

not hatin on Pure lovers, but if you haven't used a Proton and Electron Atom then STFU ;) :D

A few weeks ago, I was in a rut. So I decided to throw nothing but putters every day for a week.

I was shocked at the distance I was able to get out of my Proton Atoms and various Envys.

If you like a more stable throwing putter, an Envy can't be beat.

If you like a more neutral putter that can hold precise lines, an Atom can't be beat.

These throwing putters are speed 4's feel more like putters and fly like short mids

Axiom Proxy: 4/4/-1/0/0.5 - depending on plastic and weight of course but typically its straight to slightly understable (like a longer Pa4 for me or shorter M4)

MVP Atom: This disc rules. 4/3/0/1 Depends on plastic Proton is like champion and is more stable, but is STRAIGHT even with 500 ft power its a laser and it flies like a fresh Z Buzzz but in putter form, its sweet. Electron plastic is softer and wears into 4/3/-0.5/0 Its super straight tho, I use a proton atom and electron atom in my bag

Axiom Envy: This was the original BEST DRIVING PUTTER ever - I say its 4/4/-0.5/2 - Its very similar to the Proton Atom but maybe a lil more glide, a lil slower and more of a hyzer finish, but powered up it goes straight - really can do anything with it

MVP Particle: This is a lot like the Envy from what I heard - but maybe a lil more distance?? not sure haven't used one but for a driving putter with a lil fade this will be good im sure

Plastics - Proton=champion ish , Neutron=Starish , Electron = baseline

Also from most OS to most US - if you're looking for nice driving putters or putters that can fly like mids, honestly look no further, these are better than most others I've tried and I try a LOT of discs. I'm not a fanboy, I carry many manufacturers just wanted to give me full speech, haha

I've found the Particle to be a slightly faster, glidier and overstable version of the Envy. It has a lot of potential, but I predict it will forever be the red-headed step child of the popular and more colorful Envy.

Personally, I can get Tanks (beat up soft ones) further than any other putter. I've hit about 275 with them. But I'd imagine people with more distance than me could crush a Jokeri about as far as any putter. I've had a couple people tell me they feel like a mid after letting them throw one - kind of a putter/mid tweener.

Supersoft Omega Big Bead is longest putter I have thrown.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

For me ( i have not thrown many putters) my ion wins out. It goes a good bit farther than my anode. Ive tried aviars too and found them kinda meh. I can lace my ion out about 240ish.

For me, a P-Line P2 absolutely bombs. I have a relatively straight (on normal putter shots) Eagle P2 that I threw 340 into a headwind the other day. You have to give it a lot of height to get that kind of distance but when you do, it just glides for days. I love doing putter distance contests.

A hyzer flipped Mirage goes pretty far - although it's basically a slow mid, so keep that in mind. It cheats with better glide than most.

I'm gonna go with the Judge. Crazy glide, but yet stable enough. Nearly aced a 320feet hole the other day. If i really crank on it, i can get it to 340feet. I like a really beat-in Blend with a touch of hyzer. Flips to flat and lands straight.

Last year at Piney Woods Open I watched Eagle throw P2s on three or four different holes between 330 - 400' ... truly something to behold. One hole most of us would flex a very hard mid or fairway driver around this big group of trees. The hole is 380' I believe, but plays way downhill. Eagle just throws a putter straight at the basket, over all the trees. I was waiting for it to hyzer out, but it just kept floating, and floated down to a soft landing almost on the same line.

After that I switched to P2s myself and haven't looked back. I putt with X-lines and carry an S-line to drive with. I can throw most any putter(Wardens, Pa4, Pa2, Pa1) but I really wanted one putter to do it all ... and I found the P2 to be it. Putts great, and is stable enough to handle some wind. It is kind of deep, which can put some off ... but I fan grip it even when throwing 250+ so the depth doesn't bother me much anymore.