• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for a Disc Golf job

I happened across this. :)

picture.php

Hi everyone. I'm looking for a job in the disc golf industry or anything closely related. I applied for the IDGC Assistant position with the PDGA but won't hear back until after the 9/13 application deadline. :\

Does anyone have any leads for other options? I live in PA but listening to all options in the U.S. Thanks in advance!

I should have replied to you in the first place to catch your attention but forgot. So you may want to check out post #23.

Got some $$$? Buy up all the "limited runs" from the various manufactures and sell them to people who like paying more than retail for things made of plastic.

Maybe a job for someone's Parks and Rec dept? Might be the closest you get without having to live on Ramen and Mac & Cheese

That's the option I'd recommend, pays decently and has a lot more stability than a private course. Try to find a municipality that "gets" disc golf, contrary to internet lore, not all parks departments love disc golf. Getting a city/county job can be competitive, especially in a good district, you might have to tough it out as a seasonal for a bit. But, once you're in with a city, it can open up doors to other positions if you end up getting burnt out on DG and want to do something else.

facilities manager at Highbridge
Don't need one

Are they looking for people at Highbridge?
Nope

they probably don't have the money to pay someone but that is my dream job. maybe some day
Great place to volunteer but there's no $.

I'm also looking for a job in disc golf. I'll work for room and board and gas money in any state that doesn't get snow (or not much). I have two years experience resurrecting Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Megaplex, I'll do all your dirty jobs for you.:D

Because of COVID most state and local municipalities are hurting for money due to a loss of tax revenue, so any jobs with them may not open for a year or two. What I would do if I were you - and you want to pursue a job that way - is stay in school for another year or two until those jobs start to open again. Get your Master's in Land Management or something like that and you'll be that much more qualified for many of those openings - when they finally reopen them. Good luck!

I wish you the best of luck.
And not to be mean but I hope you worked many hours to pay your Penn State tuition and did not take out a student loan that an aspiring municipal lawn tender will never be able to repay.

My advice to you is a PSU degree will open many doors for you. Take advantage of that, then direct your professional aspirations towards your passion.

Thanks all. I saw the Discraft posting but it seems like now isn't the time.

I think I'm going to just take a semester off (again...) and get back to finishing the degree in the spring. I'm going to have to tough it out eventually...

I wish you the best of luck.
And not to be mean but I hope you worked many hours to pay your Penn State tuition

Actually, my dad is a professor, so we get the massive (75% off!!!) discount on tuition... Plus, I've mostly been living at home. I think the discount is the reason I put very little effort into applying elsewhere, which I sometimes wish I had done.

I've been struggling in school lately (since last year, pre-pandemic!) so I was hoping to find other opportunities and come back to school somewhere down the road. *shrugs shoulders*

I'm also looking for a job in disc golf. I'll work for room and board and gas money in any state that doesn't get snow (or not much). I have two years experience resurrecting Highbridge Hills Disc Golf Megaplex, I'll do all your dirty jobs for you.:D

We've got some projects here in Central PA, but I doubt we could get ya room and board.

Thanks all. I saw the Discraft posting but it seems like now isn't the time.

I think I'm going to just take a semester off (again...) and get back to finishing the degree in the spring. I'm going to have to tough it out eventually...

Having worked In injection molding, I know exactly what that discraft job would have entailed. Trust me bud, not what you wanted to do for a living anyways. Those positions are usually filled by minimum wage temp workers, and for a reason. It'd been neat for a day or two,seeing all the discs and stuff,but the novelty would have worn off fast.

Have you considered sending you resume/cover letter to any of the course designer firms? Might be a good way to get your foot in the door and see where DG takes you.

Latest posts