• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Looking for a low profile beaded putter

If I remember right Lightning has ProStyle U-2. Low and bead. What about soft Focus? It's not that deep and it has nice bead. If you can find AceRun version of this disc, it's a nice, almost like Wizard, disc.

Well, Lightning has ProStyle U-2. It's a low profile and has bead. What about soft Focus. It's not that deep and it has nice bead. And if you find AceRun version, which came out '09, it is almost like Wizard. It's a great choice I think.

For those recommending a breaker isn't that the exact same mold as the ringer? Just better plastic?

Classic blend judge? I putt with wizards and used to have a classic blend judge that was similar but "squashed" compared to wizard. Think this is what you mean by lower profile? I have felt a fusion judge and it was more domey.

For those recommending a breaker isn't that the exact same mold as the ringer? Just better plastic?

The Breaker is a bit taller, like a Ringer with a nose spacer I think. The base plastic is basically Discraft D plastic although it gets ran less so some runs might be better. I've got a D Reef that's held up way better than x APXs for example.

My recommendation would be a Scale. Rounded thanks to Wizard bottom but the RDG top makes it slimmer.

Well, Lightning has ProStyle U-2. It's a low profile and has bead. What about soft Focus. It's not that deep and it has nice bead. And if you find AceRun version, which came out '09, it is almost like Wizard. It's a great choice I think.

I use the Prostyle version of the #2 Upshot or U-2 as my uphill and downhill putter. However if one does not want the flexible mold, a stiffer version is the baseline plastic. #2 Upshot is what it will say on the disc in the bigger letters on the baseline plastic.

The Colt and Stud, being V-tech discs, absolutely have beads.

Not trying to be an ass. How does Vtech have anything to do with a bead? Is that "known" info from Innova? As a get-off-my-lawner I chose to not pay attention to their newer Vtech stuff, all I know is it is a convex lower rim as opposed to concave.

Not trying to be an ass. How does Vtech have anything to do with a bead? Is that "known" info from Innova? As a get-off-my-lawner I chose to not pay attention to their newer Vtech stuff, all I know is it is a convex lower rim as opposed to concave.

V-tech is a convex lower rim with a bead. Yes, that's a "known" from Innova.