• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LOST CUSTOM PINK MONARCH AT WINDWOOD, CYPRESS TX

Here's the real problem... The system is flawed.. In my experience, even when I have recieved a phone call it was just not economically worth it to go through the hassel of driving to the person in a timely manner to retrieve a 14-20 dollar disc. As it wasn't worth it to the players who's disc I've found and called either.

If I know them then no problem I'll hold it until I see them.. If I don't know them, it's on them to come get it, I figure I've done the right thing and called.

How many calls have you gotten and then not took the time to go get your disc? I think what bugs us all the most is that we know the system doesn't really work all that well even when we all do the right thing.

Hence... Marking them with "this used to be my favorite driver... Now it's yours" I mean really they aren't that expensive....

Tarazarr, if I have had more lost discs I may be able to agree with you except that there is a disc shop a small walk away from the course I usually go to. Which, they do take lost discs and hold them. So more for my location I think it's lazy or greedy to not call and at least drop it off there. Heck if you don't want to spend the 1 minute worth of your cell phone or something the owner will call them for you. So I can understand others thoughts on this, but for me I don't ever plan to keep a disc with a name or number on it unless they tell me to. And I'd just hope most around my area are the same way and at least make an effort to call like you to see if they will make the trip to get it.

Tarazarr, if I have had more lost discs I may be able to agree with you except that there is a disc shop a small walk away from the course I usually go to. Which, they do take lost discs and hold them. So more for my location I think it's lazy or greedy to not call and at least drop it off there. Heck if you don't want to spend the 1 minute worth of your cell phone or something the owner will call them for you. So I can understand others thoughts on this, but for me I don't ever plan to keep a disc with a name or number on it unless they tell me to. And I'd just hope most around my area are the same way and at least make an effort to call like you to see if they will make the trip to get it.

i can see others view too.

but it just doesnt seem reasonble to rely on others to return my discs for me.

i can see others view too.

but it just doesnt seem reasonble to rely on others to return my discs for me.

Even though you can see other peoples' views, I think the point you continue to miss is that people don't necessarily rely on others or expect their discs to be returned if they mark them. If every reasonable attempt is made to search for a disc and all search options have been exhausted, having your contact info on a disc doesn't mean you're passing the ball to someone else, it means that if someone happens upon your in the future, you hope (which I'm careful to use here Shawshank fans) they'll have the decency to at least call to let you know they found it. From there, it's up to the two of you to determine if and then how the disc will be returned.

A call is common courtesy. Whether the disc gets back to you is up to mutual convenience. Right? For realzies, this is a pretty reasonable train of thought.

This is my 2 cents on the whole return/not return and I'm never speaking on it again.

Latest posts