• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LOST CUSTOM PINK MONARCH AT WINDWOOD, CYPRESS TX

I just think it is disrespectfull to peoples time to write your numbers
on discs.(and then get mad at people if they dont call)

if you want to write your name and numbers on your discs
go ahead and do it.

but when you get mad at people for not returning it and thinking that
they are stealing the disc just because your number is on it
that is taking it a little far.

bottom line is...find your own discs and we would not have this problem.

Only reason I guess I'm a bit bitter on the subject is instead of losing my first disc I think someone stole it from it's lie. It was my second day out so I didn't know my way around the course that well at all and we went to the pro tee because my buddy liked it better. I forehanded my 174 or 175g leopard, and it went next to the AM tee very close to the ground...there's no way it went flying somewhere crazy and I checked multiple times very thoroughly. So I figure either it did a magic trick and vanished or someone picked it up thinking I left it there while teeing off with a different disc or they just grabbed it after it landed and ran. So I guess that's not so much like losing a disc, but I know how it is to have a disc lost/stolen and I'd rather return the disc from knowing how much it sucks.

thanks for the 2 cents GLong, u really opened our eyes

I just think it is disrespectfull to peoples time to write your numbers
on discs.(and then get mad at people if they dont call)

bottom line is...find your own discs and we would not have this problem.

Its disrespectful to steal someone's thread and turn it into one of your lost disc threads.

go play disc golf with your ill gotten discs and leave the forums alone

That was one of the first things I thought as I started reading this thread is "uh oh this is going to turn into a return or not return thread again."

Also prerube, nice avatar.

I think this thread needs to rejacked to let everyone know about the Windwood Course Dave lost his disc at. Newly built at the end of the year, it had it's grand opening tournament last month, and is a great new course to the Houston area.

I know what you're thinking, great DG in Houston? I'll just stick with Austin or DFW, and yes, they still kick Houston's butt, but we're working on it - and have more great courses to play than ever before. Windwood is a perfect example of this. 18 holes - long, creative, and challenging through tight chutes, and open bombs. If you ever in the Northwest area of Houston - I highly recommend you give it a try.

Just don't lose your disc in the creek, or we'll have to experience this thread all over again! :)

I will say that that Windwood course is tough. First time I played in , I lost my Champ Viking in the woods out there. That place is a great place to loose a disc. Its not hard.

I did bring some cheap drivers and putters out there, and used them in the spots where you can loose a disc.

lets get in a round! im back from the wedding and dont work til friday or saturday night!!!! we need to figure out a time when all/most of us can squeeze in a round cause that would be a lot of fun!!!

David,

If I find your disc you'll get it back.

katana,
beatdeadhorse5.gif

I lost a blue Star TL in the same creek. It was my favorite fairway driver. If anyone comes accross it please call the number on the disc.

To Katana: Since you say you never lost a disc, I do not think you can appreciate & understand the communities where there are hard courses where it is very easy to lose a disc and not find it after 30 minutes of searching. In that 30 minutes of searching you may find 3 other discs, ones that you don't particularly throw. By having a community where everyone returns discs, you do a good deed and return discs you don't throw and hopefully get the ones you like returned to you.

if you pay for the discs you should keep better track of them.

and you can think im a bad person but returning discs has nothing
to do with it.

if you want to go big or go home you should not get the disc you
lost back because you are too good to throw cheaper plastic.

i just dont understand why people want strangers to work for them.

why cant people just get over losing the disc or just find it themselves.

if they paid for the disc, why cant they keep up with it?

why do people want strangers to return there discs
if i lose a disc i dont want it back

It's quite obvious that you just don't get it. Regardless of the fact that it isn't any work to return a disc and it's the nice thing to do, you openly advocate not returning discs.

A big part of this sport is promoting doing the right thing (don't litter, don't steal discs, don't cheat) and being a good person. No one is saying that you have to do these things, and a lot of people don't, but why do you want other people to act like you? The answer: to make you feel better.

A lot of people on here are simply stating that returning discs is the right thing to do, and doing so makes you a good person. Yet you think that spreading good deeds is stupid, and that you are above it. Because, so you claim, you have never lost a disc. **coughBULLS***cough***

Anyway, if you want to keep other peoples' disc, that's your perogative, but don't act like we're wrong for wanting people to do the right thing. So just keep your mouth shut and keep whatever you find and stop advocating poor player behavior.

Katana couldn't handle this course. I think everyone who has played it has lost at least one disc. I know I did. Lost a Champ Viking near the #8 basket.

Katana couldn't handle this course. I think everyone who has played it has lost at least one disc. I know I did. Lost a Champ Viking near the #8 basket.

Did it go in the hole on #8?

Personally I can't wait for katana to lose a disc he really likes(hopefully beat in and doesn't fly like a new one)...then maybe he will understand(key word...maybe).

I have learned with this course, you have to bring along some trash discs and trash putters.

so far, i havent lost one yet...and on this course, i got lucky and saw where mine went in the water...froze my nuts off getting it out though lol

Latest posts