• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

LOST CUSTOM PINK MONARCH AT WINDWOOD, CYPRESS TX

Kinda tough to scratch ink off a Champ-type disc........ I mark mine in a circular pattern so even if you do scratch/cover it, I could probably tell..... and if I ask to see it and you flat out refuse, you're already guilty.

it was a DX disc

if someone writes their name on the disc, why not put in the 10 seconds it takes to give them a call? you might even make a friend or two, or at least a new DG buddy... sucks that people stole your discs, but that shouldnt be a reason to keep other peoples. who knows, you may find someones disc who returns all the ones they find... just my opinion, but 2 wrongs dont make a right lol

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a WINNER!!! Katana is just too scared, stupid, or immature to realise this. Good things can happen when you do good things.

i have never lost a disc.

Sounds to me like your not playing enough, or enough challenging courses.

----

Just so you know - the thread was posted to begin with because kpc2004 was cool enough to make a call about the disc he found. And since Davidjd21 was lucky enough to get one disc back, so thought he'd let a network of people you play golf in this area know about his other disc.

You're not in this area or in this circle, so why the hell do you care? No one is asking you to do any work, and if you want to be that ass who makes a fool of himself of this site - go for it. You can become the next 80played.

As for me, I'm glad kpc2004 did make the call, because it actually gives me a chance to play some more DG with people in this area.

Oh, and for people who don't go big at risk of losing their disc - oh well, go luck getting better. Go big, or go home.

And last - Davidjd21 and I did look for that freakin disc for over 30 minutes before isolating the spot in the water he thought it went in and moving on because he didn't have the clothes to do the brown water trek. However, he did go back the next day and make unsuccessful attempt in the water - so yeah people, he was trying to do his own work. Lost postings are a last ditch effort to get back your property after you've made every attempt to get it yourself. Hell, he's already working on a new dye to replace the old disc.

It's stupid and pisses me off that there are four pages of arguing over if someone should take two seconds to attempt to get someone back their property. If you want to sound like a selfish douche - go for it, but just don't plan on making any friends in the process.

how am i being selfish i just dont want a complete stranger.
finding and returning my discs for nothing. so i just dont write
my number on my discs.

i think everyone should be like this

you just dont want people to write their names because you dont want to do the work of removing ink. how dare someone ruin a disc with their name when they paid for it. If you are not from TX you shouln't be hassling this guy because you are not going to find his disc.

ah this is why i like forums

The person who wants his disc back has to be prepaired to pay several dollars for the finders gas to meet up with him at a bare minimum. And if the finders time is valuble then he should give the finder several bucks for his time and energy finding the disc too, so in otherwords the guy who lost his disc should give the finder 10-20 bucks minimum. And he can just go buy a brand new disc for that much anyway. If the finder goes way out of his way to return the disc for free and to just be a "friend" thats awesome but very unlikely to happen. Im just a realist, returning discs is cool, but 90% of people arent going to do it at their own expense and time wasted to do so.

when people want you to meet up with them that is considered work.

Every time I've returned a disc or had one returned we've just met up at a course at the "finder's" convenience. Other than a 1 minute phone call, this takes no extra work, gas or time because the "finder" will be driving to and playing that course anyway. I've "rewarded" everyone that has returned a disc to me, yet nobody actually asked for a reward.

However, the only person I gave a cash reward to was this old man that didn't even play disc golf. Him and his wife go around to different Austin courses and pick up cans. I see him from time to time out at the courses and we'll stop and talk for a few. Basically, he's retired and his hobby is picking up cans and returning discs to their rightful owners (without asking for anything in return) out at Austin disc golf courses. Very cool guy! :clap:

This thread, and all like it....i.e. returning lost discs; is simply you guys, and this site's wonderful attempt to continue the spirit that's lived in this sport since the days of the knee high sweat socks and the men's short shorts!!! lol Continue to make this sport a wonderful group of people, enjoying the outdoors/ and even a bit of exercise. That's what it's all about. Oh yeah, and I lost a blue monarch with no name on it, in the creek at Devil's Glen, Iowa, a couple of months ago..... And, I went back in after the round for a half an hour or so.... Let me know if you've come across it....lol

Oh, and I carry discs that are really of no other use; that have no names on them; that I've found; to throw on scary water holes. Because I often don't even know what the discs do; they fairly often find their way into the water. Just a way of giving someone else the opportunity to posses a disc I don't really have a use for anyway, if they make the effort to find it later.

Oh, and I carry discs that are really of no other use; that have no names on them; that I've found; to throw on scary water holes. Because I often don't even know what the discs do; they fairly often find their way into the water. Just a way of giving someone else the opportunity to posses a disc I don't really have a use for anyway, if they make the effort to find it later.

True, I have occasionally done this, but if a round it tight and competitive - I'll throw a good disc every time. There is something to be said for the throwaway disc in a casual round of golf.

I found a disc and called the guy, He said to keep it because meeting was to inconvienent. I ended up staying in NY longer than I thought and called again to give him another chance. He was very appreciative, but still said keep it. He did however want back a disc that someone else I know found, but he did not ink it, so I am not sure that person will want to return it.

Bottom line:
This is not a thread about should you return a disc.
It is a guy saying he lost a disc that was important to him, and he is just asking if you live in TX and find it, please return it.

if it went in water, if someone goes in they probably arent returning it

I don't think everyone expects everyone else to call. But whatthey are saying is that if your a good person, (and no this is not to you, we know you are not) you will return them, because someone else paid for it!

Anyways, good luck getting your monarch back!

if you pay for the discs you should keep better track of them.

and you can think im a bad person but returning discs has nothing
to do with it.

if you pay for the discs you should keep better track of them.

and you can think im a bad person but returning discs has nothing
to do with it.

i do agree with you on that, not returning a disc doesnt make him a bad person, just has a different view on things that most others who post here do...IMO i cant judge someone just by if they return a disc they find or not, although i disagree with him

Sounds to me like your not playing enough, or enough challenging courses.

----

Just so you know - the thread was posted to begin with because kpc2004 was cool enough to make a call about the disc he found. And since Davidjd21 was lucky enough to get one disc back, so thought he'd let a network of people you play golf in this area know about his other disc.

You're not in this area or in this circle, so why the hell do you care? No one is asking you to do any work, and if you want to be that ass who makes a fool of himself of this site - go for it. You can become the next 80played.

As for me, I'm glad kpc2004 did make the call, because it actually gives me a chance to play some more DG with people in this area.

Oh, and for people who don't go big at risk of losing their disc - oh well, go luck getting better. Go big, or go home.

And last - Davidjd21 and I did look for that freakin disc for over 30 minutes before isolating the spot in the water he thought it went in and moving on because he didn't have the clothes to do the brown water trek. However, he did go back the next day and make unsuccessful attempt in the water - so yeah people, he was trying to do his own work. Lost postings are a last ditch effort to get back your property after you've made every attempt to get it yourself. Hell, he's already working on a new dye to replace the old disc.

It's stupid and pisses me off that there are four pages of arguing over if someone should take two seconds to attempt to get someone back their property. If you want to sound like a selfish douche - go for it, but just don't plan on making any friends in the process.

if you want to go big or go home you should not get the disc you
lost back because you are too good to throw cheaper plastic.

i just dont understand why people want strangers to work for them.

why cant people just get over losing the disc or just find it themselves.

you just dont want people to write their names because you dont want to do the work of removing ink. how dare someone ruin a disc with their name when they paid for it. If you are not from TX you shouln't be hassling this guy because you are not going to find his disc.

if they paid for the disc, why cant they keep up with it?

why do people want strangers to return there discs
if i lose a disc i dont want it back

Latest posts