• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

I've had to retrieve 4 discs from water this week(DX Beast 2x, Ascent, and C-FD) - I have a slow to heal gash on my right(non-throwing) wrist, and a bruised left foot arch for my pains - I did get them back tho....

Found a disc at Lemon Lake White course hole 3 then proceeded to lose my champ green roc deep in the rough on 15. I think Sarah Hokom was watching too :wall:

I left a 165 orange/brown recycled river at Lakewood Hills (White Bear Lake, MN) yesterday somewhere on the last 5 holes of the course. I played another round after that and somebody had swooped it up. :(

My name and number is on it.

Interesting visit to Cera Land yesterday. It's fairly well out in the country, and the fourth stop of the day on a beautiful Sunday road trip with my daughter, so I'm throwing three or four off the first tee as a warm up. By the time I get to the basket, I've got I think five discs on the ground. I thought I'd picked them all up, but when I went to get my yellow star roc+ on hole four, I see it's not in the bag. I backtrack the entire way, and can't find it. I retrace every throw back out to four. No good. I figure one of the little kids at the shelter by hole one must have picked it up.

When I finish the loop, I see a yellow disc at the base of a tree by the first tee, and feel a little better about humanity. But it's not my disc. There was nobody else on the course the whole time I was there, but hundreds of folks on the lake, having cookouts, and what not. I walk over to the shelter to flag down the families over there, and see another yellow disc. Again, not mine. I signal to them to see if they'd misplaced these or found mine. No dice.

I go to the park building to see if I can drop these in a lost & found (& look for mine), but there's nobody home. So if you lost a yellow base plastic disc with no ink out there, just let me know the mold & I'll get it back to you (you've got two chances to guess right!).

And of course, I do reward folks who return mine!

Today I saw that the water level in the river was low so I went out into the mud to look where I thought my Birdie Putter was lost 5 days ago. I slogged around for about 10 minutes before finding it a good 50 feet down river from where I had thought it went stuck half in the mud. Woot! :D

Attachments

• PART_1375801313835.jpg
    PART_1375801313835.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 43
Playing #8 at Hollywoods yesterday I threw my F2 Glow Leo that flies nothing like a Leo should. Huge skyshot and crashed left into the woods never to be seen again.

About 2 weeks ago playing at Como, NY i lost my Secret weapon over a stream that connected with another stream that turned into a bigger river. Anyways I did NOT want to leave without my Secret Weapon so I have to run along a path to the other side and at this time I had little idea where my disc went in because it went accross about 175 ft of water before it went plummeting in. So with determination on my side and only a slight idea of which bank it might be near I proceed to test the water. The drop off was about 3 feet straight down to water so I had no way in seeing how deep it actually was, and one step later I was on my toes up to my neck in murkey water. So here I am, having to take baby steps with my toes barely touching the bottom... just walking from side to side. and after about 1 minute I step on a disc! hoist it up, and its a beat to hell DX Valk. no name, no number. i proceed to search for my driver and after another minute I find another disc! a DX wraith this time no name, no number. At this time im mapping out a perimiter of where I can walk neck deep and where it drops to deeper water where I cant go, hoping my disc didnt fall into the deeper parts. So im still looking and I feel out another disc! this time its a champ groove! no name no number! and not a minute later I find a star boss! no name no number! so this all took place in about 6 minutes. and im starting to get cold because it was a windy day out and the water wasnt that warm and even if i give up I still made out with 4 discs, 2 of which look brand new. So I give it one more path before I call it quits because remember, I have to take baby steps to go anywhere so I can feel out the bottom. As I approach a place to climb out I step on another disc. By now im thinking "holy **** 5 discs in 10 mins in this one spot?!" and I reach it up with my feet and vuallah! its my purple secret weapon!

About 2 weeks ago playing at Como, NY i lost my Secret weapon over a stream that connected with another stream that turned into a bigger river. Anyways I did NOT want to leave without my Secret Weapon so I have to run along a path to the other side and at this time I had little idea where my disc went in because it went accross about 175 ft of water before it went plummeting in. So with determination on my side and only a slight idea of which bank it might be near I proceed to test the water. The drop off was about 3 feet straight down to water so I had no way in seeing how deep it actually was, and one step later I was on my toes up to my neck in murkey water. So here I am, having to take baby steps with my toes barely touching the bottom... just walking from side to side. and after about 1 minute I step on a disc! hoist it up, and its a beat to hell DX Valk. no name, no number. i proceed to search for my driver and after another minute I find another disc! a DX wraith this time no name, no number. At this time im mapping out a perimiter of where I can walk neck deep and where it drops to deeper water where I cant go, hoping my disc didnt fall into the deeper parts. So im still looking and I feel out another disc! this time its a champ groove! no name no number! and not a minute later I find a star boss! no name no number! so this all took place in about 6 minutes. and im starting to get cold because it was a windy day out and the water wasnt that warm and even if i give up I still made out with 4 discs, 2 of which look brand new. So I give it one more path before I call it quits because remember, I have to take baby steps to go anywhere so I can feel out the bottom. As I approach a place to climb out I step on another disc. By now im thinking "holy **** 5 discs in 10 mins in this one spot?!" and I reach it up with my feet and vuallah! its my purple secret weapon!

Nice. There was one day at Hoyt Grove in Stillwater that my cousin and I found 32 discs in 20 minutes like that. I had lost a Wraith earlier and found another one in that mess of discs. It was fun but I wouldn't jump in there anymore. It was murky and dirty then but now it looks WAY worse.

Five weeks ago after a heavy rain I threw an 9/10 Lime Green ESP Surge in the Creek on hole 8 at Castle Hayne. First one I threw in in months. The creek was raging from the rain and I could not find it. Go back the next day still can't find it. Looked for that disc three times in total the last time jumping in the creek and walking the area repeatedly. Never found it. I got annoyed and figured somebody found it and kept it despite my number being on it. (people jump in that creek all the time disc hawking). A couple days ago a guy calls me about and brings it by the restaurant I am a chef at. He found it right where I walked in the creek. Unbelievable.

Funny thing is I said it was nearly new because now it looks really old. The stamp is almost completely gone washed away by the water I guess. Still flies like it is almost new, but man does it look beat now haha.

Every time I look at of the window I see the grain field I lost two discs to. Know roughly where they are but it's too far in to retrieve them without hurting too much of the field. In theory if the discs are lying flat and they don't get under the harvester's wheels, they should survive.

But the farmer is taking his sweet time getting around to harvesting and the wait is driving me crazy. I swear the field is mocking me!

I think I'll have a medicinal beer now.

two at kaposia today. first was the premium midari. was throwing very well until i tagged a dead branch sticking out down the fairway on hole 7. popped it nose up and it stalled out; looked for about an hour before i gave up. probably perfectly hidden underneath one of those stupid ******* rhubarb weed things or in the pointless overgrowth in the middle of the fairway.

hole 15, threw my SP tsunami. crushed it; thought the turn was perfect and was honestly expecting it to skip up near the basket . . . nowhere to be found. probably skipped off into the woods somewhere. it was getting dark at this point so i busted out the flashlight app on my phone for about another 30 minutes, got really angry and then left.

-___-

Lost my two week old Boss on Chapel Hill's 14th hole on the right side. Darn thing took off like its prone to do, started high and ended high on a pine tree along the tree line a little more than halfway between the tee and basket. I saw it falling and assumed it'd be there when I walked up, but the weeds, ivy, and everything else just swallowed it up. We looked for a good 20 minutes but no luck. The disc was dark blue with a shimmery purple design, and looked like new, which, it was. Of course, the worst part is, I'd already teed off with another disc- I only threw the Boss for practice. It's so stable, especially late, I never expected it to hang up on the right.

Hows this for strange karma......

Played Zobel in Green Lake WI today.

Aced hole 5 :hfive:

Overthrew hole 8 and had to throw a spike hyzer to get around the big pines. Launched a 166 Pro Pig up and over. Saw it hit a pine up high and then lost sight of it as it penetrated in. Grabbed my bag and headed over but looked for 20 minutes to no avail.
:wall:

If someone finds it and calls me, I'll send you a disc from the Hunter tourney I'm running next month.

Lost a great ESP Nuke and First Run D4 last week playing our newest course before the baskets were installed.

Just threw both of them into waist high grass that completely ate them alive. Spent the better part of 2 hours combing through that damn field before I finally gave up... completely deflated.

Returned to the course yesterday with a friend and he popped into the grass and found my Nuke in a matter of 30 seconds. Took us another 15 minutes but we managed to find the D4 also.

Felt nice to actually find 2 discs that I had written off as gone forever. I've still lost more than I'd care to admit this season, but getting these 2 back was a small victory.

Five weeks ago after a heavy rain I threw an 9/10 Lime Green ESP Surge in the Creek on hole 8 at Castle Hayne. First one I threw in in months. The creek was raging from the rain and I could not find it. Go back the next day still can't find it. Looked for that disc three times in total the last time jumping in the creek and walking the area repeatedly. Never found it. I got annoyed and figured somebody found it and kept it despite my number being on it. (people jump in that creek all the time disc hawking). A couple days ago a guy calls me about and brings it by the restaurant I am a chef at. He found it right where I walked in the creek. Unbelievable.

Funny thing is I said it was nearly new because now it looks really old. The stamp is almost completely gone washed away by the water I guess. Still flies like it is almost new, but man does it look beat now haha.

Hole 8 is a Bitch, I have lost two discs in the 6 months I have been playing DG, both on hole 8. One is an LS Polaris that was my go to disc, the other was the replacement disc I found I could throw about the same, a Champ Leopard. Some guy found the Leopard but I have not been able to meet up with him yet. Both were lost in the same exact spot, the turn right before the basket. The Leo went in the water, the LS Polaris just sort of vanished...only fitting that I found it on that hole a few months back :doh:

I lost my Tern in a tin horn that runs under the road where I play often. It had my name and number on it. Went home to get some PVC pipe to drag it out...the trip home and back took about 30 minutes. By the time I got back it was gone...Think the two db's playing behind me got it out somehow. It must have been 25 feet inside the horn...

Lost my two week old Boss on Chapel Hill's 14th hole on the right side. Darn thing took off like its prone to do, started high and ended high on a pine tree along the tree line a little more than halfway between the tee and basket. I saw it falling and assumed it'd be there when I walked up, but the weeds, ivy, and everything else just swallowed it up. We looked for a good 20 minutes but no luck. The disc was dark blue with a shimmery purple design, and looked like new, which, it was. Of course, the worst part is, I'd already teed off with another disc- I only threw the Boss for practice. It's so stable, especially late, I never expected it to hang up on the right.

My Boss has been hanging up on me lately. Granted mine is older than two weeks... I have been throwing it for a few years so I'd guess it is just beat in.

Just got SOOO lucky!

Played a round with a friend tonight, finished right at 6:30pm. I was supposed to meet my wife close by at 7:00 so I decided to play a partial round real fast so I didn't use my new Nexus 7 tablet for scorekeeping like I usually do, just kept a mental tally as I went.

Ended up playing the whole course anyway and hurried to meet my wife and take my punishment for being late (I was having a decent round!) :) Got home and a guy who I had met on the course last week whose number I had saved in my notes app texted me and said someone on the course had called him and said they found my tablet near hole 11! Holy cr@p, I hadn't even noticed it was missing!!! He gave me their number and I called them right away, luckily they were still at the course and said they would wait...

Grabbed my wallet and stack of extra/"need to sell/trade" discs and busted my butt over to the course. Ended up being a couple of teenage guys, I gave them all the cash I had ($15) and let 'em each pick out a disc (one got a Champ Katana in almost new condition I found a few weeks ago, the other took a Lat64 Core that was also in very nice shape that I just never got a feel for.)

Finding a $15-20 disc and calling is one thing, finding a $230+ tablet and finding the only phone number stored anywhere in it and calling to try and track down the owner!?!??! Above and beyond and kinda restored my faith in humanity a bit...

I've called on every disc I've ever found, including the Champion Boss I found at the other course I played earlier today, meeting him tomorrow to return it!

Latest posts