• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lower arm speed question

dethyr

So my girlfriend starter with a skeeter and then kind of grew out of it. We picked her up some discs that are supposed to be good for lower arm speeds. She got a seer, a diamond and an underworld.

Question is, while I know that for bigger arms, throwing understable drivers means throwing them with hyzer to get them to do their thing but what about for a lower speed disc and slower arm speed? Still hyzer? Or should she throw them flat or with anhyzer?

Thanks folks!

Throw discs flat until they turn too much right...then compensate with hyzer. Understable discs can still take a reasonable amount of clean power in calm conditions without tons of hyzer...they just won't hide as much torque or poor releases.

If a disc needs to be released with anhyzer for "straight" throws then it's too much disc for that person's ability, IMO.

I've never thrown a Diamond or Underworld, and I'm sure they're flippy, but keep in mind that some discs may not seem understable until being thrown at or close to their rated cruising speed as well.

Latest posts