• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Magellan disc golf bag

I attached my towel using the clips the come with. They fit perfectly around the top of the straps. You can see them on page 22. The towel will just hang down the side. My carabiners are then attached to those clips to hold up the towch.

I attached my towel using the clips the come with. They fit perfectly around the top of the straps. You can see them on page 22. The towel will just hang down the side. My carabiners are then attached to those clips to hold up the towch.

Yours came with clips? I think I see them in the picture. Are they the metal rings? My bag did not come with anything like that. I ended up threading a carabiner through the putter slot zipper pull.

Has anyone seen the new Magellan bag. It is more of a starter bag with a single strap very similar to a crunch box. Looked nice at the local academy. I should have taken a picture. They had a ton of those as well as the black and green backpack style. It's weird, I would have bought one of the backpack style bags at 30$ just cause, but I can resist at 40$. I don't even need a bag. I wonder if their stock ends up sitting on the shelves a little longer. Funny what a difference 10$ can make.

Meant to post this here when I wrote the article, but totally forgot. Wrote up a review about the backpack with some photos of its current state of wear:

http://www.sacramentodiscgolf.com/magellan-outdoors-deluxe-disc-golf-backpack-review/

The TL;DR:
Been using this bag for every round since buying it in October, and it's still holding up. Yeah, zippers are a bit sticky here and there, as they were out of the box. I haven't reinforced it at all, too lazy.

Glad to see that the new version has larger drink holders, because that's probably my one real legitimate complaint about this bag.

I have a Ranger on its way as we speak, and after I get that, I'm going to run that for a few weeks and give the two a good ol' head-to-head review.

The one most notable thing about this bag is... SO many players out and about ask about it. Some know it's "that $30 bag", others are just completely unaware of its existence.

Also... It matches my new hat. So... there's that.

Attachments

• _6.jpg
    _6.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 143
New color

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magellan-outdoors-153-deluxe-disc-golf-backpack/pid-1270213#

So the bag now comes in another color (grey/black) for those that don't care for the neon green. Also the drink holders are bigger. Not sure if there are any other updates, but the drink holders was my biggest complaint with my original release. I will be adding corrugated plastic support as described in youtube video link below. After a few rounds with it in, I will post an update.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaD6sl8M_4k

Bag mod

I used the corrugated plastic version of this bag mod and have yet to take the bag out for a test run. I watched the video and followed his instructions and everything fits in a new grey version of this bag. Should I still put a pvc frame in the bottom? Also has anyone used velcro or anything else to hold the plastic behind the seems?

Thanks!

Meant to post this here when I wrote the article, but totally forgot. Wrote up a review about the backpack with some photos of its current state of wear:

http://www.sacramentodiscgolf.com/magellan-outdoors-deluxe-disc-golf-backpack-review/

The TL;DR:
Been using this bag for every round since buying it in October, and it's still holding up. Yeah, zippers are a bit sticky here and there, as they were out of the box. I haven't reinforced it at all, too lazy.

Glad to see that the new version has larger drink holders, because that's probably my one real legitimate complaint about this bag.

I have a Ranger on its way as we speak, and after I get that, I'm going to run that for a few weeks and give the two a good ol' head-to-head review.

The one most notable thing about this bag is... SO many players out and about ask about it. Some know it's "that $30 bag", others are just completely unaware of its existence.

Also... It matches my new hat. So... there's that.

I had this when it wasn't as popular, now I see it everywhere and one time almost picked up the wrong bag...a group let us play through and one guy goes "Nice Bag", for 30 dollars, and they all snickered, of course they all had grips and rangers.

I had this when it wasn't as popular, now I see it everywhere and one time almost picked up the wrong bag...a group let us play through and one guy goes "Nice Bag", for 30 dollars, and they all snickered, of course they all had grips and rangers.

Hahahaha. Yeah... I think my first outing with it last October at DeLa was the worst of it... But a lot of people have been legitimately curious, and impressed with it for the price. I've heard a good amount of people off on other fairways saying to their buddies "Dude, that guy has that $30 bag!" hahaha.

I've recently picked up a Ranger and have been using it for a few weeks... I'll have a head to head shootout posted soon. That'll be... fun. lol.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not, but the Magellan bag is now restocked and it comes in three colours instead of the just the original black/green.

Personally, I like the light blue. Looks slick.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/magellan-outdoors-153-deluxe-disc-golf-backpack/pid-1270213

You may want to be aware that I've had both the gray and the blue and neither are as bright as the pictures indicate. Personally I'm a bit disappointed because the gray as pictured is very vibrant.

I just got my bag today in the mail and played all day with it. Seems to be very light and very balanced. Durability doesn't seem to be any kind of issue I really like the small plastic things on the bottom of the bag. It stands your bag up and also keeps your bag from ever touching the ground. Water bottle holder actually holds a Gatorade bottle instead of it bouncing around like my old bag. Discs pull out very easily even without any kind of guts being installed. Holds about 18-24 discs depending how crazy compact u want to get with it. The only thing I didn't like so much is not a ton of storage for hats and jackets like my old bag has but at least my new bag is super light.

They're all just backpacks.

I have one of these. Works great. I can replace it every 2 years for the next 15-20 years and still come out better than buying a "real" bag.

That's all well and good until you meet the local pro on the course and ask if he wants to play and he looks at your bag and says, "Maybe some other time. I need to practice for the Trilogy Challenge next week".

That's all well and good until you meet the local pro on the course and ask if he wants to play and he looks at your bag and says, "Maybe some other time. I need to practice for the Trilogy Challenge next week".

lol

that's not a real thing