• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mako3

I've thrown it, but am a little disappointed. I thought it would be faster with the flat top, but it feels just like a regular Mako to me. I can use my Opto Pure for most shots this would cover, so I don't think it'll make the bag.

More people need to throw this disc. Just sayin'. :|

These have become my goto disc in the woods. Only threw it since I didn't want to lose a disc on a new, unbroken in course, and loved it. Now I have 4 and they all fly the same. Dead straight, and super easy to throw a good ways. It filled a gap I didn't even know I had in my bag. I had never tried a mako of any kind, so had zero expectations.

Got one this weekend and threw it today for the first time.

Feels beefier in the hand than it actually is. I was able to get some turn out of it, kinda like my seasoned Buzzz. May not be permanent, but its in the bag for now.

I've thrown it, but am a little disappointed. I thought it would be faster with the flat top, but it feels just like a regular Mako to me. I can use my Opto Pure for most shots this would cover, so I don't think it'll make the bag.
I guess that's why I like it; the FR were flat and awesome. Since then they have been domey and sorta flippy. I never thought the 3 would be any faster, I just thought they would fly like the FR's. So long as they are consistently flat I'm prolly gonna be pretty happy with them.

I guess that's why I like it; the FR were flat and awesome. Since then they have been domey and sorta flippy. I never thought the 3 would be any faster, I just thought they would fly like the FR's. So long as they are consistently flat I'm prolly gonna be pretty happy with them.

They definitely fly a lot like the FR's.

So this thing goes straight with no turn and no fade? That sounds super cream.

I'll have to get one soon.

Okay so I went out and bought a second Proto Mako3 and threw it some this morning with my Proto Makos. This one is 177 and is flatter than the first one I had.

First off you can throw it really straight just like the Mako. I think it does have a bit more get up to it and it floats a bit less than the Mako but distance potential wise there isnt really a ton of difference. It definitely has a tick more HSS than my beat in Mako and when I was getting the Mako3 to go straight I was throwing it more flat whereas with my Mako I'm giving it a bit of hyzer.

I threw some slight hyzers in the 250' range and it held the hyzer as it went straight out then about halfway it grabbed on to the hyzer line and held it to the ground. I did some slight annys in the same distance and it held that line perfectly just like my FR Makos would and it finished by gliding out on the line like it should and not turning over and cut rolling.

I then went and threw some high 300' annys and this is really where you started to see more of a difference than anything. My Makos will hold the line to the ground but the Mako3 kinda pulled out about 30' short of where it was going from left to right and panned out straight. So brand new it definitely has more LSS than the Mako but that's probably something that will beat in with time. Even brand new Proto Makos will hold that line so there is a difference there.

I threw some bigger and longer hyzers in the 320' range last and the Mako3 is a bit more consistent on that line than my Makos, sometimes my Makos will flip up a bit more than I want when I get in to them. Neither disc is going to hold a pure hyzer line in that range they both kinda flipup a bit and go out straight but then the LSS will kick in and they'll jump back on the line you want.

Overall I like it so far, I'll need some more throws and to see how it beats in to really get a good grasp of what it's capable of. As of now it won't be going in my bag, I feel like my Makos have a bit more touch and will hold the lines I want a bit easier because they have less LSS. The Mako3 falls right in between my Mako and my MD2 and there isn't a big enough gap there for me to put another disc in the ring.

Hopefully it beats in nice and will eventually be a great substitute for finding Proto Makos. I do know that it's flat and if they continue to come out like that it'll already be one step ahead of most stock Makos these days.

Threw my Buzzz's sude by side w Makos yesterday andd WOW.Had no ideas they bombed like that. Fits between my meteor and buzzz perfectly. Bagged. Its faster than my buzzz I think.

I found two proto stars that were too beautiful to pass up. One was opaque black and the other was dark swirly smoke. I guess Innova is making opaque black champ again. So purdy.

Both would be very easy to lose.

my second one is that fuscia/hot pink color with an oil stamp. so sexy.

So i picked one of these up Thursday and got a chance to finally throw it today. I throw 325 consistent with a JLS and 250ish with a buzzz just for reference. I got a 175g blue that was a bit domey but nothing major, it is dead nuts straight for me out to roughly 230 thrown flat, i threw it on a 265ft hole today out at my local course and hyzerflipped it, right out of the hand it flipped up, and just made a ever so slight turn then finished dead straight. Needless to say I'm in love with this disc.

So Paul McBeth says his mako3 flies like a beat kc pro roc that he can throw with hyzer and have it slowly turn over without rolling or flexing out. How much speed would it take to make a mako3 do this lol?

So Paul McBeth says his mako3 flies like a beat kc pro roc that he can throw with hyzer and have it slowly turn over without rolling or flexing out. How much speed would it take to make a mako3 do this lol?

Its a speed 5 sooooo. Yea, Id say thats pretty accurate.

is he saying it's flipping up and gliding out straight with maybe some drift to the right or is he saying it's flipping up and turning over with a fade to the right?

if it's the first i would say i agree, if it's the second i'd say that's more of a fuse flight and my two mako3's are more stable than that.

Uh...I think I know of a place where you can get another one. :|

I have been infatuated with the M4 400G. If I lose that then yeah I'll go buy a Mako3 again.

It really is tough working in a place where I can buy any disc I want at any time...haha

Latest posts