• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Mako3

i got to fondle a buddies Mako3 over the weekend and wow.. im a Comet guy but really love the feel and flight of this bad boy..his was nice and flat.. are they all like this? But i could get it to hold a slight hyzer or if thrown nice and flat would go about dead straight.. if i got into it i would get a lil turn out of it but was really really fun to throw and now must find someone to trade me one :)

I've only seen a couple Mako3 from other players, but I have seen a variance in dome from moderate to flat.

i got to fondle a buddies Mako3 over the weekend and wow.. im a Comet guy but really love the feel and flight of this bad boy..his was nice and flat.. are they all like this? But i could get it to hold a slight hyzer or if thrown nice and flat would go about dead straight.. if i got into it i would get a lil turn out of it but was really really fun to throw and now must find someone to trade me one :)

I think there is some variation on these

I have thrown some that will not hold a slight hyzer depending on the power.

so what's the difference between comet and mako3? Why bag one vs the other?

I need to get one of these to try out. I need a nice flat out of the box straight flyer.

Love my beat rocs and I'm not a fan of premium plastic mids, just think I might click with one of these.

On a whim I bought a couple of these when they first came out and desided to try one out. I am really impressed with the flight and feel of these. They are also incredibly long and have a ton of glide. It just goes where I tell it to. The best way I can describe it is it feels like a midrange, flies like a putter but will almost go fairway driver distances. I'm a fan of premium plastic mids that are long and I think they just may take the beat Roc spot in my bag. I'm trying out Shark3s tomorrow so I'll report back on how they play together.

I need to get one of these to try out. I need a nice flat out of the box straight flyer.

Love my beat rocs and I'm not a fan of premium plastic mids, just think I might click with one of these.

Mako3 definitely fits the straight out of the box

On a whim I bought a couple of these when they first came out and desided to try one out. I am really impressed with the flight and feel of these. They are also incredibly long and have a ton of glide. It just goes where I tell it to. The best way I can describe it is it feels like a midrange, flies like a putter but will almost go fairway driver distances. I'm a fan of premium plastic mids that are long and I think they just may take the beat Roc spot in my bag. I'm trying out Shark3s tomorrow so I'll report back on how they play together.

I bagged a shark 3 recently and I'm very happy so far. It's a nice complement to the Mako.

I bagged a shark 3 recently and I'm very happy so far. It's a nice complement to the Mako.
Agreed. Didn't take any Rocs with me to the course today and had 2 Shark3s, 2 Mako3s and a first run star Mako. I'm thinking the Sharks are a tick too overstable for my taste when new, but I'm thinking the Mako3s are here to stay. Throwing the Makos on a hyzer line is a thing of beauty. They don't really fade per-say, more just hold that exact hyzer angle they are released at and track left. One of my Mako3s has good high speed turn, the other Mako3 has little to none and the first run Star has some beef to it. I'm thinking of either beating a Shark3 or two into straight or just put a couple of Rocs back in. Overall, Innova did a really great job with both the Shark3 and Mako3. FWIW I'm using these anywhere from 240-380.

yup

What about the roc 3? I have one but I'm not crazy about it.

I threw the Roc3 and Shark3 side by side this summer and personally didn't notice a huge difference flight wise. The Roc3 was more comfortable in hand, so I stuck with it. They seem to be less OS than a newer DX Rancho, but have good glide for being in premium plastic. Very workable and I like the slightly gummy Champion plastic they're in. I use mine for straight with fade drives, with a Z Wasp for big fade shots and DX Rocs for straight with very little fade to slight turnovers.

I've been throwing the Mako 3 a lot lately, and I have to say it's one of my favorite discs. It's very versatile, and will hold a variety of lines.

got some Mako3 action on the way.. been a longtime Comet thrower but after throwing one a friend had at league i have to check it out lol .. First Innova release in many moons that has this guy excited

Do you guys think this disc would fill the beat up KC Roc slot?

i picked up one of these a couple of weeks ago and i like it. my hope is that it fills the slot my beat straight dx rancho roc currently occupies. i also have a pro roc3 that i'm beating in to tryout for that slot. right now i have no backup for my dx roc. :(

I'm still in love with my max weight mako but my 170 is probably getting the boot. It's just a bit too sensitive for some reason.

i picked up one of these a couple of weeks ago and i like it. my hope is that it fills the slot my beat straight dx rancho roc currently occupies. i also have a pro roc3 that i'm beating in to tryout for that slot. right now i have no backup for my dx roc. :(

I think that my Mako3 is great for straight shots and it holds a GREAT anny line.