• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Marking tee signs & pins...

ForehandMAN36

What are your opinions on players marking their aces on tee signs and pins atop the baskets? Personally, I'm really tired of seeing it. It does nothing but look like vandalism and make the sign/pin look in bad shape. Also, why would anyone care reading about someone's ace they don't know and chances are they'll never meet. Myself, I have 3 aces and have not marked the sign/pin, but marked the back of the disc I aced with. I'm also posting this because people I regularly play with also share this displeasure.

You and the witnesses should sign the disc AND ONLY THE DISC. Good for you and your friends for not marking up the equipment on the course. It is vandalism and it is completely immature to imagine that anyone else cares enough about your ace to want to read about it. I now relinquish the soapbox.

Keep it off the course unless it is professionally done by a local club or the course maintenance staff. I'm o.k. seeing it if it is done nicely and not grafitti.

I agree with jace, in our local club they post aces on the page for all to see. I guess that some courses could have a separate sign/post for aces, but that still could get out of control. I have yet to get an ace, but the first I get it will be noted on the disc, maybe on this site:), and thats about it!

I agree with jace, in our local club they post aces on the page for all to see. I guess that some courses could have a separate sign/post for aces, but that still could get out of control. I have yet to get an ace, but the first I get it will be noted on the disc, maybe on this site:), and thats about it!

Next time I play Mc Dade park I will have to take some pics. They have two short holes/ One is 160ft the other is 190ft. Both tee markers are covered with people recording their aces and the look terrible.

I just hope my first one comes with a group to share the experience. It would kind of stink to get one and be on a round in the middle of nowhere (Kansas :D) all by myself on a weekend excursion. I'll still take it though!

It is just another one of those little things that are a demonstration of the lack of professionalism in the sport. If disc golfers can't take their courses seriously enough not to vandalize them...why should other people?

.......is vandalism and those caught should be punished...between vandalism and litter, these have to be the biggest reasons to pull a course or not get a course installed...notice how you never actually see these people littering or defacing public property? if more people were arrested maybe it will help

What are your opinions on players marking their aces on tee signs and pins atop the baskets?
I think they'd be best to keep the Sharpie on their disc, and if they want to get the polehole involved snap a picture of them posing with it instead of vandalizing it.

Anyone whose course if having problems with this should post a sign on their bulletin board stating that its not cool and that violators will be dealt with and when you see vandalism, follow through on the threat.

People see writing in one place and it only encourages it elsewhere. The Opposition will make a strong claim that the sport encourages disorderly conduct, drug use, and Satanic worship.

I got pissed off because this guy from another course, not only, tagged one of our tables but he got his picture in the paper in an article mentioning our course.

...and I'm not above posting a link to the article either. =)

http://www.venturacountystar.com/photos/2008/aug/26/48194/

I don't think it's a big deal if it is on the post of the tee sign (wood). I would just like to see it neatly written. I think it's neat to see who has aced a whole or how many times the hole has been aced. Most of the courses I play in Fort Wayne, the posts are covered with all the ace signatures, so I guess it is something I am used to. However, I do not agree with writing on the basket.

one thing i saw that was very cool was a course that had there tee sign posts marked for aces. just under the actual hole number and distance, the word "ACES" was burned in, then ever 3/4" or so, there was a horizontal line burned across. looked really cool and professional, even with some less than neat signatures. i say if it's not marked as a write your name ace area, dont do it. However the courses and posts that encourage it, go for it. For example the courses with a certain table or hut lets say that all visitors are encouraged to sign, sign away.

Posting Aces

At Bird's Nest Disc Park We have a bulletin board and a special section for "ACES" The list extends back to 2004 when the park opened. The Mile High Disc Golf Club provides an Ace page on their website. www.mhdgc.org

I think alot of people here are very stiff necked.

Fort Wayne loves marking aces on our wood 4x4 tee sign posts.
It does not look trashy and it is not vandalism.

If you ac a hole you have the right to mark it as long as the course allows it.

I have been to courses where there was no where to write on the tee sign post because it was a metal pipe so they wrote on the sign or they would mark the baskets number plate.
Now that is vandalism.

A wood tee post at a course where people mark their aces. Feel free to mark it up if you hit one.