• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mastering the s-curve shot

Tomahawk83

My most consistent distance shots are done with a beat in Westside Sword, which is something like a [12 5 -1 2] disc. I throw a ~10 feet high hyzerflip which many times would pass through a 10-15 feet tunnel for the entire flight, landing at 320-350 feet 4/5 times.

The hyzerflip will be my preferred shot, but it'd be good to have alternatives in the bag too. Sometimes this "dagger line" is not available and you need to go for the anny line for distance. It's a fair chance that you get a nose up and disc diving hard left (RHBH) if thrown too high, or on the other hand something like a cut roller if the throw is too low.

Pro's seem to bomb these high anny flexshots, and I believe snap is the driving factor to allow this , i.e getting the height and the turn to set the disc sailing.

From disc selection perspective, what discs do you throw on the MOST CONSISTENT distance s-curve shot? Release angle - slight anny, flat or hyzer with a very understable disc? Thinking into my situation, would you perhaps recommend discing down to something like a speed 8-9 driver, (like a Valk?) to slightly decrease nose angle sensitivity compared to high-speed drivers? How about stability? What would be good discs for practise in order to build up distance? Consistency would be key, max D later on.

From disc selection perspective, what discs do you throw on the MOST CONSISTENT distance s-curve shot? Release angle - slight anny, flat or hyzer with a very understable disc? Thinking into my situation, would you perhaps recommend discing down to something like a speed 8-9 driver, (like a Valk?) to slightly decrease nose angle sensitivity compared to high-speed drivers? How about stability? What would be good discs for practise in order to build up distance? Consistency would be key, max D later on.

If you are looking for a disc to dial in your flex shots grab a medium weight predator. Predators have been a flex favorite of pros since it came out over a decade ago. They have a very penetrating fade profile and the fade is gradual over the flight, not a hard dump at the end or an overpowering fade from the start.

Latest posts