• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] McBeth Discraft Signature Line

he'll putt challengers most likely, mids buzz, wasp, maybe a B-OS, fairways undertakers, Vultures, Drivers: Crank, Force. the end

he'll putt challengers most likely, mids buzz, wasp, maybe a B-OS, fairways undertakers, Vultures, Drivers: Crank, Force. the end

You're likely right about the Challenger, but he could take up the Roach (as Val did when she went to Discraft).

So you think he'll use the Buzzz-OS instead of the Zone?

Yes, he will for sure be putting a beaded putter but his go-to mid will NOT have a bead.
Super dooper smart. :doh:

Isn't he long-time friends with the Ricos? I'm guessing Magnets are where he'll at least start.

He won't be throwing a buzz. The Comet will replace the Mako3, the Wasp will take the Roc slot, Destroyer will be replaced by something along the lines of Force or Nuke OS (and maybe some regular nukes depending on the shot).
For putter, I think he will likely use a Magnet or perhaps a Zone, but I think it will be a priority to create his own putter mold. Possibly a tweaked version of an existing mold, or his own plastic blend.
I really hope he his the Zombee a shot. I think he could shape some incredible shots with that disc. It's also a great disc that doesn't get as much love as I think it should get. Basically a faster and more stable Buzz.

2791f4075daff71994e9b5b4a414b3a5.jpg

Doesn't seem legit, just based on the molds.

Um sales. Duh it is easy.

I'm curious to see what he does for the Nova... Does he use a D comet, or an APX? Rattler maybe? Or do they make a new disc for that slot?...

I'm curious to see what he does for the Nova... Does he use a D comet, or an APX? Rattler maybe? Or do they make a new disc for that slot?...
If the grip doesn't drive him up the wall, I think the Banger GT is the closest thing Discraft has to the Nova.

McRoach in McD plastic. Makes the most sense for a putting putter. If this doesn't happen I will next year after his putting stats go to the basement.

I think the intent for the Nova was to match the profile of the Aviar P'n'A. And for HOFC, he was throwing a P'n'A instead of the Nova. And of course his signature putters, the McPro Aviars, are the P'n'A mold in KC-ish plastic.

So really, I expect anything beadles could fill that slot fairly well (e.g. Roach). They could also tweak an existing mold, maybe to mimic the P2 -- which is to say, stabler beadles putter.

Of course, the magic of the Nova is the stiff flight plate but soft rim. Will be interesting to see if he goes for a firm plastic for throwing putter (JB, X, etc.) or something more like the soft Magnet blend to get that sticky landing effect.

Also, yes, I'm still holding out hope for an overmold Roach to replace the Nova :D

(And I also expect him to start using the Zone, but that's a very different slot.)

Last edited:
Confirmed he is throwing the Undertaker...PDGA radio show interview.....was the disc he threw in the release video

(And I also expect him to start using the Zone, but that's a very different slot.)

I've seen this stated quite a few times recently and it doesn't make any sense. He bags a gator now and hardly ever throws it... Why would a zone be any different?...

I've seen this stated quite a few times recently and it doesn't make any sense. He bags a gator now and hardly ever throws it... Why would a zone be any different?...

Well, Zone is better FH (imho) because the beadles grip is more comfortable. So there's that.

But moreover, Innova has been flirting with semi-Zone-clones for a few years. Aviar3, AX3, Rat. I know that McBeth tried a few of them but nothing really stuck.

The Zone is just such a great mold, it's tough to imagine that he won't find a use for it. Even if just the occasional scramble or windy upshot.

One thing is for certain: if he went with a signature series Zone, they would sell like hotcakes. So just from a purely business point of view, he would be crazy to not do a sig Zone.

Latest posts