• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] McBeth Discraft Signature Line

Surprised they went the claw mark route when Discmania already went there with Eagle's MD3...

Attachments

• 7ef990b0-be72-4fd8-b49a-2240aad13345DSC01914.JPG
    7ef990b0-be72-4fd8-b49a-2240aad13345DSC01914.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 56
The Discraft thrasher had claw marks in mid-2016. When did eagle's claw marks hit the market? I'm honestly asking.

Good question. And I guess Paul was already rocking that green CFR gator with the Monster Energy looking claw marks a few years ago...

He has said already he is sticking strictly DC and not DGA......

He said he was keeping it Discraft because he's trying to learn all their discs and hadn't tried any DGA stuff. He didn't rule DGA out, just not his priority.

Took this off the Ultiworld Disc Golf site

"On the most recent SmashboxxTV Podcast, Paul McBeth confirmed that a leaked ad image was indeed his new signature series discs with Discraft.

"You'll actually be able to see it in the PDGA Magazine when it comes out," McBeth says. "I think it's supposed to be the back page."

McBeth will have his name on the ESP Buzzz, Z Zone, Z Force, and Titanium Undertaker. He noted the flights of the Buzzz and Zone give him two shots he didn't previously have in his bag.

The signature series discs do not include any new molds that have yet to be announced."

My bet is he is putting a Buzzz in the bag for those straighter to slight turnover shots (plus its a cash cow mold). He will for sure low-key have a Z Wasp in there though for more stability, and maybe as the season goes on it might start to get more attention in other plastic variations.

Same for the Zone, he might not use it much other than getting out of trouble shots, but you may aswell bag one of the most popular OS putters on the market. Its smart. It will be interesting to see If he opts for a Big Z Roach as a BH throwing putter, or the new Ti roach that just got released?

Idk, Nate Doss had a pretty big arm, and he used a Buzzz as his main mid for years. Paul has great form, I'm sure the Buzzz will work for him just fine where he used to throw some of his McRocs

Idk, Nate Doss had a pretty big arm, and he used a Buzzz as his main mid for years. Paul has great form, I'm sure the Buzzz will work for him just fine where he used to throw some of his McRocs

Doss also throws Wasps. That beat up old green Z mid is a Wasp...

He's likely going to need a new plastic blend for his putters isn't he?

Pro D is nothing like McPro

Perhaps something along the lines of that Ledgestone CT run

He's likely going to need a new plastic blend for his putters isn't he?

Pro D is nothing like McPro

Perhaps something along the lines of that Ledgestone CT run

The Doss Challenger stiff plastic was amazing, if they did that for the Roach it should work.

Discrafts website under the Black Friday section if you scroll down a bit. They are also doing a run of swirly ESP meteors too.

They're calling it a new release. Does this mean it's a production run? Not terribly interested in paying the DC store price plus shipping for a couple of these.

They're calling it a new release. Does this mean it's a production run? Not terribly interested in paying the DC store price plus shipping for a couple of these.
It the stock ESP stamp so I'd assume it's a production run

Well, so much for that quote from 5 years ago that Paul would "Never Throw a Buzzz."

I imagine that choice has more to do with selling Buzzzes (Buzzzes w/ Paul's name on them will sell) than preference. It's not like Discraft needs help selling Buzzzes, as that's by far their top selling mold. It will be interesting to see if he sticks with them through the season or if he ends up using Wasps more often.

He could easily bag both since they offer different lines. I'm no Paul McBeth, but I primarily throw Emac Truths for mids but also have a beat KC Pro Roc for glidey straight shots. Paul might want to have both options, too.

The Wasp is such an overlooked, good mold. Paul throwing them could bring them back to relevance.