• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] McBeth Discraft Signature Line

I'm upset none of you degenerates have said "McPro-D" yet.

Heard it here first, kids.

Except here. I think it is safe to say, if the Wasp isn't more popular here, those of us whom love it, are at least more vocal.

Welcome to DGCR, the home of people who love to throw Wasps, Polecats, and those old millennium discs with all the letters mashed together.

But really, how often do you see a Wasp out on the wild? Paul potentially throwing Wasps could be a great study in just how powerful his influence is on what people throw. If he picks them up, they'll be everywhere within 2 years.

One of the guys I shoot with regularly bags a Wasp and makes nice shots with it. I have one in my lunchtime bag at work. They're out there.

One of the guys I shoot with regularly bags a Wasp and makes nice shots with it. I have one in my lunchtime bag at work. They're out there.

They're out there, sure. Moreover, the people that do throw them love them.

Compared to the number of Rocs and Buzzzes though? Hardly that many out there. I see 5 Rocs and 5 Buzzes for every 1 Wasp I see someone else throw out on a course. Heck I even see more Compasses, Claymores, and Truths than Wasps. And that's even in MI where a ton of people throw Discraft.

The Wasp is a good enough midrange to cycle as a primary mid. Clearly its marketshare has room to grow.

https://www.discraft.com/the-player-s-choice-4-pack-golf-discs-playerschoice.4pk

I find the description the most interesting:

The Player Choice 4 pack is a collection of the BEST SELLERS of 2018. The pack consists of a Z FORCE, Z FLX ZONE, ESP BUZZZ, and TI UNDERTAKER. DIscs will vary in color and weights. Throw what the Champions will be throwing.

With Innova apparently less than forthcoming with sales numbers, it seems like Discraft is being upfront with Paul about what sells.

I also find Champions being plural more interesting than it should be.

One of our guys too. He(regular poster here) throws it really well. Never seen another. I am sure I would love one, but there are just so many stable to overstable mids out there.

I don't see why paul wouldnt put his name on the wasp... it's a better roc3 and an amazing all around disc. My wasp has been in my bag longer than any other disc I own.

Maybe when he becomes 5x world champ we'll get some McPro-D or x wasps?

I'd rather some CT Wasps over X wasps even. I wonder what Paul thinks of all the plastics. He's obviously going to be throwing ESP/Ti for the most part i would think.

I think Doss will still be on their roster. He does throw a buzzz, force, and undertaker. Might be looking into this a little bit too much?
100% agreed. And with a description with that many typos, I'm willing to just chalk it up to awkward phrasing.

Though it did still make me go "what if" for just a quick second.

Last edited:
i could see him using the challenger ss as his putter. A little more stable then the roach but still beadless.

I'd rather some CT Wasps over X wasps even. I wonder what Paul thinks of all the plastics. He's obviously going to be throwing ESP/Ti for the most part i would think.

Methinks Paul will also like the Z plastic for his throwing discs. His putter? That is the interesting question...

They'll probably start making Wasps in Pro-D for him.

They'll probably start making Wasps in Pro-D for him.

I have to believe the Jawbreaker Wasps we saw through Green Mountain would be a great fit. Ive been using them myself and have noticed how they could easily be cycled...given they actually go into full production.

As a side note, these discs are money!

Methinks Paul will also like the Z plastic for his throwing discs. His putter? That is the interesting question...

Oh yeah Z plastic will be for sure be in his bag. He loved his star destroyers and it looks like hes using ESP forces which is the star equivalent.

I thought Jomez already spilled the beans and said he was putting with either pro-d or x-soft roaches?

I don't know anyone who currently throws Wasps. I've seen one for sure, MAYBE 2 in the wild...over the past 12 years.

I'm guessing that will change if they make a McWasp.

Latest posts