• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] McBeth Discraft Signature Line

I personally see more Wasps thrown than Buzzzs.
How many active players throw Buzzzes in my area? 0

Comets, Rocs, Roc3s, Ghosts, Verdicts, Truths, M3s, Vectors, Wasp are all thrown, but no Buzzi

Last edited:
Buzzzes are popular where i live. A lot of guys around here throw a combo of roc3 and buzzz.

I don't know anyone who currently throws Wasps. I've seen one for sure, MAYBE 2 in the wild...over the past 12 years.

I'm guessing that will change if they make a McWasp.

I'm assume I'm like a lot of folks who equate the Wasp to the Roc. Given the choice between the two, currently...who would want to limit themselves to a Wasp and its limited releases opposed to the Roc which can be had anywhere in voluminous varieties? I don't think the ubiquitous nature between the two used to be so different years ago. And as you said, that may "hopefully" change if Mr. McBeth is seen using them.

Last edited:
i could see him using the challenger ss as his putter. A little more stable then the roach but still beadless.

I could see that too, but I'm still betting on Roaches. His long time friend and caddy, John Tompkins of Supreme Flight, is putting with Roaches. Long before the deal, JT told me he liked how Jawbreaker felt, but I still think (not 100% sure) he was all Innova till recently. He posted this Roach in September:
42782864_10218279294603599_3942134366833999872_n.jpg

I could see that too, but I'm still betting on Roaches. His long time friend and caddy, John Tompkins of Supreme Flight, is putting with Roaches. Long before the deal, JT told me he liked how Jawbreaker felt, but I still think (not 100% sure) he was all Innova till recently. He posted this Roach in September:
42782864_10218279294603599_3942134366833999872_n.jpg

JT bought a couple of old X Wasps from me while they were at Smuggs for Worlds. I even got to address that package of Discraft discs to Paul McBeth. I joked about it at the time and didn't think Paul would ever switch.

EDIT: Those original blend Jawbreaker discs feel great. I have a couple of Challengers and recently because of the colder weather decided to try out two of the OB Jawbreaker Roaches I have for putters. I really like them. Come spring time I might have to decide keep the Roaches or go back to Challengers.

Last edited:
Doss and Fish, at least, give Wasps a lot of air time. Doss, of course, also bags a Buzzz. Fish goes Wasp/Comet/Zone (see recent awesome ITB).

I've seen a few other regional Discraft pros (e.g. Schick, Doerne) who bag at least one Buzzz.

As a side note, it looks like everyone has at least one Z Force. I'd be surprised if McBeth doesn't give Z a try alongside ESP Forces.

Doss and Fish, at least, give Wasps a lot of air time. Doss, of course, also bags a Buzzz. Fish goes Wasp/Comet/Zone (see recent awesome ITB).

I've seen a few other regional Discraft pros (e.g. Schick, Doerne) who bag at least one Buzzz.

As a side note, it looks like everyone has at least one Z Force. I'd be surprised if McBeth doesn't give Z a try alongside ESP Forces.

But did McBeth ever throw a Champion driver with Innova? . . Champion Thunderbird or C-FD3 . .

Not to many Champion plastics in his Innova bag

But did McBeth ever throw a Champion driver with Innova? . . Champion Thunderbird or C-FD3 . .

Teebird3 at least. Guys in a shop I visited yesterday said they're going to run the Force in a Z/ESP blend for him.

I think he throws what flies well. Innova's SDS is all over the place so Star gave him the variation in flight that he needed. Plus, Champ Destroyers seem relatively glideless compared to Star. How many Champ Destroyers do you see in pro bags?

Z Forces, on the other hand, give some extra beef compared to ESP, and are in all the pro bags. He'll try em and I bet they stick.

Gator, Roc3, Mako3, Leo3, Teebird3, Thunderbird, Firebird, FD3, Monster. All Champ. I thought he had a luster Aviar3 at one point too.

My impression was the he preferred champ plastic and only threw star destroyers because that's where that mold shines/sells.

JT bought a couple of old X Wasps from me while they were at Smuggs for Worlds. I even got to address that package of Discraft discs to Paul McBeth. I joked about it at the time and didn't think Paul would ever switch.

EDIT: Those original blend Jawbreaker discs feel great. I have a couple of Challengers and recently because of the colder weather decided to try out two of the OB Jawbreaker Roaches I have for putters. I really like them. Come spring time I might have to decide keep the Roaches or go back to Challengers.

Hmm they were testing out some X Wasps, eh? If they were thinking of a custom plastic, I was thinking they would start there. I really like X, but I could see it going a little stiffer.

Is CT really a D blend, or is it just marketed that way? Can they easily stiffen up anyplastic? Because I heard the OG Jawbreaker is stiffer. Never felt it, but wouldn't mind trying a stiffer JB.

Yes,but i see those more like fairways Than drivers..did he throw a monster?

you didn't specify distance drivers though? And McBeth threw a monster on and off over the last 3 seasons

Having champ plastic distance drivers is kind of counter-intuitive. Star plastic tends to be a little less stable out of the box, and wears in easier. You want the discs to have some turn or develop it eventually. Typically very high speed understable discs (even in champ plastic) are really squirrely for big arm pros. Seems simple to me, but I've put a lot of thought into this philosophy (which is why I favor carrying star/esp type plastic for most drivers, unless they are for overstable duties)

Last edited:
Hmm they were testing out some X Wasps, eh? If they were thinking of a custom plastic, I was thinking they would start there. I really like X, but I could see it going a little stiffer.

Is CT really a D blend, or is it just marketed that way? Can they easily stiffen up anyplastic? Because I heard the OG Jawbreaker is stiffer. Never felt it, but wouldn't mind trying a stiffer JB.

CT definitely seems like a blend of D plastic. I'm not sure if it is a completely different blend or just D plastic with an additive. The 2015 CT Ledgestone Challengers I have been putting with remind me of the old Cam Todd Signature Challengers. They were all white and had the same stiffness to them.

The original blend Jawbreakers feel great. They are stiffer than regular Jawbreaker, but not anywhere close to CT stiff. I have a couple of normal Jawbreakers that are okay. I kept them around with the plan to use them in the winter. I ended up buying a bunch of used Challengers on a Facebook group a few months ago. There were two of the OG Jawbreakers in there. After feeling them I quickly looked around and found two more OG Challengers, and then bought 4 OG Roaches to try out as well. Plus the colors and patterns look sweet:

Two Challengers on top and two Roaches on the bottom:
8ahchIqh.jpg

:D Hey, discerdoo, wouldn't you rather wait for Paul's plastic D line blend comes out? Mickey D Roaches?
Best to leave any leftover OG Roaches for me...Save your money for January.

Latest posts