• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Aviar

Argh - so tempting. A few grams shouldn't matter....and I want a stack of pink....but its so hard to pull the trigger on that much $$ for a stack when it isn't exactly what you want. Curse you innova proshop.

If you like the current 3x stamp, go buy a stack. The way he's playing, McBeast is about to go 4x and you know we'll have a new stamp to celebrate in a few weeks.

If you like stiff and predictable putters these are money. My go to putters.

I havent thrown or held any McPros. Looking at the profile of them, they look like KC Aviars except a different bead (no bead)? Any comparison? Im putting with KCs right now for everything inside the circle.

If I had ever clicked with an Aviar mold of any kind, I probably would be putting with the First Releases of these. They were rock hard with a perfect amount of grip (for me). The later runs I've owned have all been a little softer. Kind of too bad too. The 3X stamps are my favorite new stamp (yes, I know it's not a completely original design) from the Factory Store.

If you like stiff and predictable putters these are money. My go to putters.

+1

I really like my McPro Aviars and sometimes take them out on practice rounds. I like McPro material even better in my Roc3, but I digress. McPro Aviars are awesome if you like very, very stiff putters with a touch of slickniess.

They are a lot slimmer than KC's since no bead. I like the feel of stiff a lot though because sometimes I can get a weird grip or the disc can release weird with a flexible putter.

If I had ever clicked with an Aviar mold of any kind, I probably would be putting with the First Releases of these. They were rock hard with a perfect amount of grip (for me). The later runs I've owned have all been a little softer. Kind of too bad too. The 3X stamps are my favorite new stamp (yes, I know it's not a completely original design) from the Factory Store.

It's just such a classic and classy looking stamp. I wish Innova would bring back more retro stamps like this a la Classic Aviar and the old barstamp.

I have a few of the back to back bottom stamped ones and those are much stiffer as well. Think Paul gave them feedback to tweak the plastic to be a little softer like this to his liking?

I've been putting with one of the newer, stiff Fossil Fuel Wizards recently but seem to be able to click more with the Aviar PnA mold for putting. It's going to be an interesting battle between the two. Now if there was an Aviar PnA in Fossil Fuel...that would probably end the discussion altogether. I do have a crazy love for putters though, so who am I kidding?

I have some white ones in the new stamp that are a bit stiffer than the rest of the current run, but they still have the waxy feel that the first runs did not have. Also, I have noticed that the softer ones stay a bit more stable over time. My last first run has gotten about as understable as a light DX aviar pna, but the two 2014 ones I throw are far more worn and still more stable. I don't know that the newer ones will ever fly like the old one, and that makes me skittish about throwing it at this point. My last two cracked on trees, and I haven't found another disc I like this much for anhyzer upshots. Still in the bag for now though. I have a couple old aviar pnas in the collector box that I might have to pull back out, they are the closest to it in flight.

I havent thrown or held any McPros. Looking at the profile of them, they look like KC Aviars except a different bead (no bead)? Any comparison? Im putting with KCs right now for everything inside the circle.

McPro Aviars have no bead, and to me they are stiffer than the KC Pros.

McPro Aviars have no bead, and to me they are stiffer than the KC Pros.

Well I'll doing some comparing/contrasting later this week. I've got two Aviars en route as we speak. Should be here today I'd think... I ordered them Friday night. Im hoping for a little better grip than the KC. Like a seasoned KC grip with the fresh KC stiffness.

Just got my mcpro aviars and mcpro roc3s from the mail. The rocs feel just like the KCs, not quite as stiff though. The aviars though, feel fantastic. Mine about the same stiffness, maybe a tick less than my KCs, but the lack of bead feels great. Can't wait to get my basket out

Just got my mcpro aviars and mcpro roc3s from the mail. The rocs feel just like the KCs, not quite as stiff though. The aviars though, feel fantastic. Mine about the same stiffness, maybe a tick less than my KCs, but the lack of bead feels great. Can't wait to get my basket out

I think I read that the latest batch of McPro Aviars was a touch softer than the older batches, which might explain them feeling less stiff than the KCs". My older McAviars are extremely stiff..

I think I read that the latest batch of McPro Aviars was a touch softer than the older batches, which might explain them feeling less stiff than the KCs". My older McAviars are extremely stiff..

These are still pretty stiff. Just a TOUCH more flexible flight plate than my KCs. Probably wouldnt be noticable to someone who hasnt had KCs for long. They feel like a somewhat seasoned KC. $$$$

Had a gift card and picked up 4 of these, 2 for practice and 2 for round use. Got one of the Blues with flag stamp, so might hang that one. Got a blue with purple stamp and 2x blacks, one with red stamp and another with purple. So far when I am using my practice basket it feels like I cant miss. Then during a round they feel like a very soft plastic that almost seems to taco in my hands. Maybe I just need to get used to them.

there's lots of dx-ish kc pro aviars out there right now too; it's weird.

the one I was using last year that split in half over the winter was one of those. Loved that thing but it was my driving putter at the time. Hit one too many trees