• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Memorial live coverage

But seriously, they are going to run the cam todd challengers again. i heard it through the grapevine since cam is a NC guy.

Lol I love all the discraft hearsay going around today. Who told you this?Bc ppl are saying its oop now and will be a big bead challenger....So what is it going to be big bead cam todds?

Which was named? Bc i have more cams than he does. Doubt he would want mine if they will make him identical ones..

The fact that the lead groups are playing well under par is not what makes the coverage boring. It's the presentation itself. In every NT event, you have the top players in the world really battling each other shooting some really hot rounds. There are guys on lower cards jockeying for position while the lead card is in a virtual track meet constantly trying to one-up each other.

None of this is well dictated in the limited DG coverage I have watched. A lot of this comes down to the commentary. I don't need someone to tell me "...and he hits that long putt for another birdie..." I can see that for myself. Instead, I want to know what the vibe is like in the lead group, what kind of push are the lower cards making, what sort of thought process are the guys going through as they decide what shot to take.

To get this, we need commentators who are trained journalists. Good sports commentary requires a lot of research ahead of the broadcast. Most importantly, interview the players prior to the event to get an idea of their mindset and strategy.

Think about it. Saying "It looks like Joe Schmo is going with a sidearm shot here" is boring and easy to see for yourself. But "Joe Schmo said he plans to use the sidearm a lot today to stay away from the water hazards which are predominantly on the left side on this course" is far more interesting, and not something the online observer knows going in.

This is one of the best posts I have read on here in a long time. Journalism is not readily present in the sport, and that is something that, like it or not, will need to change for growth.

I know this is not a great comparison because we are talking about an upstart sport against one of the all-time great commentators, but - anyone who has listened to Vin Scully knows that guy has talked to everyone about anything you could ever want to know. He could talk ad nauseum about anything other than the ballgame, but still trace it back to what is happening. I'm not saying DG commentators need to hit this level, but getting into the thought process of some of these players would be tremendous. I am sure you could track these guys down for a few minutes before the tourney starts - hell, the PDGA could require it for the top 10 guys if they wanted to - and really add to the quality of the broadcast.

All I see on the link to the new feed are videos from 2011... am I missing something?

EDIT: nevermind. just saw post above

Anybody else have the video on delay to the audio? Im hearing everything before it happens. Anyone know how to fix that?

audio sync is a problem everybody is having. i just muted it and am enjoying just watching the action. the commentary isn't worth much anyway.

something good has come of it though. everytime someone comments on the sidebar about the audio being off sync, you have to drink lol

Latest posts