• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

This is why I love it UP there too. I keep uncovering new things to see and do.

One waterfall for your list should be Dead River Falls. It's only about a 15 minute drive from downtown Marquette. Despite vacationing in the UP three other times in the past two years and staying in Marquette two of those times, I had never heard of that one until last month. All I can say is WOW!

As you alluded to, I think Marquette is also centrally located to the UP's other top destinations - both DG and non-DG. 1000% worth a visit!

thank you

i saw that one

sketchy ass parking lot and bunch of trees down and a ton of ice but big payoff once i got out there

would also highly recommend

Moar info pleez?
# of holes?
In the woods? Fairly open / park style? A bit of each?

Who knows, I may be able to make it down there this weekend.

Maybe Skizzle has more info, but I heard that the city had indeed already bought the baskets, but clean up and installation was still getting going. I have sent out a PM to gather more info. I will post it up.

There are a couple other pretty exciting propositions, well into the works near me here in SE Michigan. I am hoping to see some movement on these before the end of the year, as well.

Moar info pleez?
# of holes?
In the woods? Fairly open / park style? A bit of each?

Who knows, I may be able to make it down there this weekend.

It will be 9 baskets with a short and long for each hole.

A little bit of a mix between old growth park golf and some wooded technical shots. The holes I had influence over are challenging for a park setting. Multiple holes in the 400' range. Sunday they are installing baskets and doing the last bit of clearing.

It will be 9 baskets with a short and long for each hole.

A little bit of a mix between old growth park golf and some wooded technical shots. The holes I had influence over are challenging for a park setting. Multiple holes in the 400' range. Sunday they are installing baskets and doing the last bit of clearing.

Thanks for the help getting the course designed and having a hand in providing this particular area with options. Thanks again for letting us here know. :clap::clap:

You are THEY!!

Workday clean up on the Foz at Rolling Hills on Nov 19th. It will be nice getting this course put into a better playable condition.

Just saw a post on DGS about this. Seriously considering driving over to pitch in. How 'bout you, buddy?

Workday for Nash Park in Livonia. Putting in the baskets, trimming some trees and clearing some brush. I realize that many here don't really live near Livonia, but thought it interesting anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/events/646173740554154/?active_tab=discussion

Today's work day at Nash Park went well, mostly because it was organized. The person who headed up the project set up three teams with clear objectives in mind:

One team dedicated to clearing brush and limbs, and making sure fairways are clear.
A 2nd digging holes for baskets.
A 3rd for assembling, installing, and levelling the baskets.

Everyone understood what they needed to do.

At this point, the tees are just flags in the ground, to see if anything needs to be tweaked going forward, but all 9 baskets got installed today. :)

Terrain is flat, but I liked what I saw in terms of having several well-wooded, shot shaping holes, with a few holes that are relatively open with just a few trees to avoid. I don't think it'll be the most beginner friendly course, but I don't think it'll be too intimidating, either.

---------

Also played another new niner this morning: Veterans Park, in Warren, MI. Typical park style niner, with nothing out of the ordinary. Not sure why it's not showing up on DGCR yet, because I added it this morning. I think Tim still has to bless new listings, to make sure they're legit, or not already listed.

Veteran Memorial Park - Warren, MI
https://app.udisc.com/applink/course/36206

Last edited:
Workday clean up on the Foz at Rolling Hills on Nov 19th. It will be nice getting this course put into a better playable condition.

Will snow on the ground cancel this event? We're getting hit pretty hard here in GR today, probably 2 inches at this point already. GRRRRRRR!!!

im goin to marquette with my partner next week

i played everything in marquette a few years back and only have that new church course to play

i fat biked and dg mostly last time but this time were goin to do a ton of cross country skiing (poor conditions but should be able to)

what hikes/snowshoe spots would be awesome to check out

i liked sugarloaf and hogsback for snowshoe hike combo

i also liked hiking dead man falls too

im goin to marquette next week

i did a fat bike and dg mainly visit when i was out there a few years ago

this time i plan to only play that new church course and maybe a few others

anyone have any suggestions for hiking/snowshoe

i did sugar loaf and hogsback and i liked them

i saw the look out from mount marquette already

i liked deadman falls

Last edited:
Good work today! :hfive:
No doubt our efforts will make for more enjoyable rounds.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobile/course.php?id=10809

Hot shower felt so good after clearing out all that brushy crap.

Got 9 holes on the Meadows Course (The Foz) cleaned up. The course was really left unfinished, after initial installation. Tee pads, baskets and hole markers are in, but some pads literally faced a wall of shule and trees. We really opened up a few holes and pads, making technical, but fair lines to play.

Bogey is a beast. I am sure I heard brush crying out loud, at the sight of him and a pair of loppers.