• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

An update on what was the Artprize course. See screen grab from Facebook below.

This will be another exciting and unique addition to Marquette area disc golf!

attachment.php

Attachments

• ArtprizeCourseUpdate.jpg
    ArtprizeCourseUpdate.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 268
Wish I knew about the art prize disc golf course in advance. I def would have made a day trip to hit it, but I only found out about it after I already had other plans. :\

But it's great those baskets/sculptures will be put to use on a another course. :cool:

Last edited:
im super excited especially that its in the up so my mn doesnt have to weasel around the big pond to get there

plus i think up is beautiful and i have a handful or three of courses left up there to hit

This was excellent work good sir. Just finished our round in the howling winds...

An update on what was the Artprize course. See screen grab from Facebook below.

This will be another exciting and unique addition to Marquette area disc golf!

attachment.php

I've played exactly zero courses in Marquette MI to date. This is awesome to here. Agree with elmex that it's beautiful up there.

Plus I've always wanted to play a course that Chris Pratt had a hand in designing. ;)

I've played exactly zero courses in Marquette MI to date. This is awesome to here. Agree with elmex that it's beautiful up there.

Plus I've always wanted to play a course that Chris Pratt had a hand in designing. ;)

Hahaha!

I may have said this before but I highly recommend Marquette as an under-the radar DG destination. There are now three 18-holers and a 27-holer all basically right in town that are fun. Plus three 9-holers in the area that have wide variety between them and aren't terrible plays either. I have two reviews to update and one to write from that collection of courses in my queue.

Hahaha!

I may have said this before but I highly recommend Marquette as an under-the radar DG destination. There are now three 18-holers and a 27-holer all basically right in town that are fun. Plus three 9-holers in the area that have wide variety between them and aren't terrible plays either. I have two reviews to update and one to write from that collection of courses in my queue.

plus the general hiking around there is awesome

bunch of waterfalls and overlooks

dg feels like an after thought/leftover land but overall is a great place to visit

get bored head an hour or so east to pictured rocks

plus the general hiking around there is awesome

bunch of waterfalls and overlooks

dg feels like an after thought/leftover land but overall is a great place to visit

get bored head an hour or so east to pictured rocks

Really....the entire UP is a stunning roadtrip.

"if you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you,"

Really....the entire UP is a stunning roadtrip.

"if you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you,"

agreed

i just planted the seeds to backpack there with my partner next summer

so much to explore

and i found a ton of water falls not on any maps or found out some local knowledge

never know what yer gunna find out there

i loved it and cant wait to go back

agreed

so much to explore

and i found a ton of water falls not on any maps or found out some local knowledge

UP is great stuff. Love hiking along Superior!

If you haven't checked out North Manitou Island, that's totally worth the time/effort, though not quite UP.

UP is great stuff. Love hiking along Superior!

If you haven't checked out North Manitou Island, that's totally worth the time/effort, though not quite UP.

that was not on my radar but thank you for the heads up

i am goin down the wormhole investigating

agreed

so much to explore

This is why I love it UP there too. I keep uncovering new things to see and do.

One waterfall for your list should be Dead River Falls. It's only about a 15 minute drive from downtown Marquette. Despite vacationing in the UP three other times in the past two years and staying in Marquette two of those times, I had never heard of that one until last month. All I can say is WOW!

As you alluded to, I think Marquette is also centrally located to the UP's other top destinations - both DG and non-DG. 1000% worth a visit!

New course should be in the ground this weekend in Livonia at Nash Park. I helped with the design and if it has stayed relatively similar to what we set up it will be an awesome addition for a city park.

Moar info pleez?
# of holes?
In the woods? Fairly open / park style? A bit of each?

Who knows, I may be able to make it down there this weekend.

Last edited:

Latest posts