• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

Work days out at Belle Isle will be on this weekend (6/21 and 6/22) as long as it doesn't rain. Both Saturday and Sunday. Volunteers needed - feel free to talk/pm to me and I will put you in touch with the organizers. Or, show up with whatever tools (saws, loppers, weed whips, etc) at the course and someone will tell you where to go.

More good news about Belle Isle for those who haven't heard!

The grand opening of the disc golf course has be scheduled for July 12.
I can't recall the details at the moment, but there is a Facebook event out there, and I'm sure something will be posted on the Scene in the near future.
What I do remember is the festivities begin at noon, there will be (free?) food and beverages, merchandise for sale, and music.
Perhaps those more in-the-know can chime in.

I haven't been to the course since before the DRN took over the island, but I know a lot of volunteers contributed their time and energy to making this a permanent course. We need to put our best foot forward to show the State, City, and people of Detroit the true spirit of the game.

More good news about Belle Isle for those who haven't heard!

The grand opening of the disc golf course has be scheduled for July 12.
I can't recall the details at the moment, but there is a Facebook event out there, and I'm sure something will be posted on the Scene in the near future.
What I do remember is the festivities begin at noon, there will be (free?) food and beverages, merchandise for sale, and music.
Perhaps those more in-the-know can chime in.

I haven't been to the course since before the DRN took over the island, but I know a lot of volunteers contributed their time and energy to making this a permanent course. We need to put our best foot forward to show the State, City, and people of Detroit the true spirit of the game.

Freaking awesome flip. I know there are a couple regulars here that are closely involved. I have begged them in the past to use the scene as a venue of communication for us non facebook folks. I hope that come to fruition. Belle Isle is a gem, I could not be more stoked. I will look foward to the event and immediately clear my calendar for this. Thanks for the info.

Freaking awesome flip. I know there are a couple regulars here that are closely involved. I have begged them in the past to use the scene as a venue of communication for us non facebook folks. I hope that come to fruition. Belle Isle is a gem, I could not be more stoked. I will look foward to the event and immediately clear my calendar for this. Thanks for the info.
See you there! :hfive:
Big props to everyone who lent a hand (or back) to this! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

We (MCDGO) are designing and installing a new course in Mason County at Whiskey Creek Campground in the very near future. Holes are laid out, baskets ordered. Should be pretty great. Water hazards, huge elevation.

We (MCDGO) are designing and installing a new course in Mason County at Whiskey Creek Campground in the very near future. Holes are laid out, baskets ordered. Should be pretty great. Water hazards, huge elevation.

Great, just what this area needs, another spectacular course. :thmbup:

picture.php
picture.php

Just logged on to update status on Belle Isle.. Yes, Grand Opening is July 12. I'm going to work and play it today.. It is open now but honestly I don't know if it is enjoyable to play yet. On Monday there is a mow with a 72" deck scheduled so would be best to wait for that. Right now it is roughed in with a brush hog and weed whips.

Just logged on to update status on Belle Isle.. Yes, Grand Opening is July 12. I'm going to work and play it today.. It is open now but honestly I don't know if it is enjoyable to play yet. On Monday there is a mow with a 72" deck scheduled so would be best to wait for that. Right now it is roughed in with a brush hog and weed whips.

Can't wait! I know you need the State Park Rec Passport to get in the park now, but the course page on DG Scene says "Pay to play: $4 per player (tentatively), 12 and under free."

You know if that's what the deal's gonna be, and where you're supposed to pay?

also, do we have to wait until the 12th or can I come play on tuesday?

also, do we have to wait until the 12th or can I come play on tuesday?

"Roughed in" is the perfect descriptor here. I played half of it yesterday with my son, we left after 9 (time constraints, not frustration :D). Bring bug spray and be prepared to search a bit longer than you're used to for discs, the grass is tall. Also, there looked to be 2 teepads marked for every hole.

Yea I would not play Belle Isle yet. Or, I would but only from the short tees and not all of the holes and with a spotter on almost every shot. It isn't quite ready yet. Mostly it just needs a mow. Like I said, big work day scheduled today and I'll update when I know more. I'm not going to be there but I'll try to get the updates on how it goes.

thanks. I'm on vacation next week so I can't play outside of TC but I would love to get out there. if it's not up to snuff for tomorrow, I won't go :)

Well....I just caught wind of the project making apparent headway on the old Bonnie Brook Golf Course site. There is a KMart on half of this old ball course and there is a group working on the course, bridges.... It sounds like they are well on the way. There is a Facebook thing at Bonnie Brook DGC, though I don't do the facebook. Maybe someone could pass along some of the details here? Located at Eight Mile and Telegraph, this is a great piece of land. Large river, rolling terrain and tons of mature trees.

Well....I just caught wind of the project making apparent headway on the old Bonnie Brook Golf Course site. There is a KMart on half of this old ball course and there is a group working on the course, bridges.... It sounds like they are well on the way. There is a Facebook thing at Bonnie Brook DGC, though I don't do the facebook. Maybe someone could pass along some of the details here? Located at Eight Mile and Telegraph, this is a great piece of land. Large river, rolling terrain and tons of mature trees.

Went to Facebook and there was not much more information. Said they ordered 22 new baskets, and work was ongoing. Thrilled to be getting a new course about 5 miles away...

Went to Facebook and there was not much more information. Said they ordered 22 new baskets, and work was ongoing. Thrilled to be getting a new course about 5 miles away...

Right on. Would be a nice close course for me as well. I have driven by this property for years, having played the ball course many times, and stated it would make a great disc golf course. :hfive:

Latest posts