• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan New Course Updates

IMO, as long as LTU has holes that throw parallel to, and in proximity of, busy roads (still the case with 3 or 4 holes when I played there in June), it will continue to suck. I don't mean moderately busy, I mean 10 Mile Road and the service drive for Northwestern Hwy. I'm not saying it's that hard to hit the desired landing zone, but it's waayyy too easy for an errant shot go into the street. One thing drivers most definitely aren't looking out for is flying discs.

Hole 7 or so at Brys may be even worse... too easy for a disc to get flippy and head directly into oncoming traffic on northbound I-94. I think holes like that to a disservice to the sport, and an even bigger disservice to the community.

$0.02 :\

added a new 18 hole course in East Jordan today.
Per Todd Lewis, she's open for play
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=7159

Could not find this course this weekend. Spent quite a while walking around and searching without any sign of it. There are a couple Whiting Parks right here, a beach side park, with a campground next to it and a park office park across the street. The park office entrance matched the directions. Too bad, I was looking to play a flat course. After a couple days of Avalanche, Boyne and Charlevoix, a flatlander style was a welcome change of pace.

IMO, as long as LTU has holes that throw parallel to, and in proximity of, busy roads (still the case with 3 or 4 holes when I played there in June), it will continue to suck. I don't mean moderately busy, I mean 10 Mile Road and the service drive for Northwestern Hwy. I'm not saying it's that hard to hit the desired landing zone, but it's waayyy too easy for an errant shot go into the street. One thing drivers most definitely aren't looking out for is flying discs.

Hole 7 or so at Brys may be even worse... too easy for a disc to get flippy and head directly into oncoming traffic on northbound I-94. I think holes like that to a disservice to the sport, and an even bigger disservice to the community.

$0.02 :\

Where is this at? Never heard of it.

and Air Zoo... doubts are they will have course there, not sure about future but the new tower they may possibly do some demolition on old tower but likely to turn into parking lot? not sure.

Could not find this course this weekend. Spent quite a while walking around and searching without any sign of it. There are a couple Whiting Parks right here, a beach side park, with a campground next to it and a park office park across the street. The park office entrance matched the directions. Too bad, I was looking to play a flat course. After a couple days of Avalanche, Boyne and Charlevoix, a flatlander style was a welcome change of pace.

I am asking for directions from Todd Lewis. He should be able to give me directions so I can update.
and holy s#it yeah, mt mcsauba is a monster of a course. There is no more physical course in michigan.

Where is this at? Never heard of it.

and Air Zoo... doubts are they will have course there, not sure about future but the new tower they may possibly do some demolition on old tower but likely to turn into parking lot? not sure.

LTU = Lawrence Technological University
Brys Park

I am asking for directions from Todd Lewis. He should be able to give me directions so I can update.
and holy s#it yeah, mt mcsauba is a monster of a course. There is no more physical course in michigan.

I will get back up that way. I love staying at Boyne and hitting those dozen or better courses within an hour, I was just excited to see another down the street. I would probably agree apdrvya, McSauba is a beast and very well could be the toughest physical course in the state. Holes 14 through 20 are not too bad, nor are the first 5 or so, but man, inbetween. Avalanche had a hole A and hole B mowed, layed out, but no baskets. Great idea there, the two holes are put into a couple of the big walks between holes.

so, between 2 and 3 and 9 and 10? those are some longer walks.
yeah. that course is pretty sweet but the disappointment of not throwing down the mountain is pretty overwhelming.
last year I did a trip from sault ste marie to st ignace to mackinac to harbor springs x2 to petoskey. stayed the night in petoskey. went to charlevoix then boyne city, then boyne falls... helluva trip over two days... so many epic courses. next time you're up there, hit up blissfest. really surprisingly awesome.

ok, I have updated the listing for Community Park in East Jordan. Whiting park is completely the wrong park. Google maps lead me to the wrong place. I have messaged Timg to fix the listing title.

so, between 2 and 3 and 9 and 10? those are some longer walks.
yeah. that course is pretty sweet but the disappointment of not throwing down the mountain is pretty overwhelming.
last year I did a trip from sault ste marie to st ignace to mackinac to harbor springs x2 to petoskey. stayed the night in petoskey. went to charlevoix then boyne city, then boyne falls... helluva trip over two days... so many epic courses. next time you're up there, hit up blissfest. really surprisingly awesome.

Got to play both Blissfest and Wild Haven on a trip up North earlier this summer. Both were a pleasant surprise. I have tried to find Blissfest a couple times and my GPS caused me to pull into some guys driveway. Finally gave up a year ago. A little more persistence paid off this year. Very, very nice courses.

ok, I have updated the listing for Community Park in East Jordan. Whiting park is completely the wrong park. Google maps lead me to the wrong place. I have messaged Timg to fix the listing title.

Thanks apdrvya. Probably look to check it out next season. :hfive:

Yeah, blissfest took some doing to find but it is pretty p
amazing. I really liked wild haven as well...
Yvw on the east Jordan course...

Flip City is close for improvements for the winter.
Seriously folks, don't cry.
It'll be ok.

Latest posts