• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan Trip, Any suggestions?

Riverside park, thats my home course, i like it alot. ill prolly be playing on monday next week there if it dosent rain.

Mason county Park is 1 hour away from grand haven and its probably #2 in the area next to FLip City (Mason County Park = Beauty 24 holes, Beast 24 holes, Goliath 24 holes)

ha! I am there right now for a few months of summer vaca. Flip is definitely open! Just played a few rounds there today and play again tomorrow trying to earn a berth for state championships in a month.

Flip is a must and is only about 30 minutes north of GH. The other musts are all in Ludington. An hour north of GH. The Mason County DG Parks, 3 in one location, and Leviathan about 4 miles north of there for the ultimate in challenging Michigan experiences.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=709
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1476

League nights for the Mason County courses is Tue night($4 dollars to play), and Flips is Wed night ($12 to join, $4 to play, with a HUGE ace pool currently).

These parks are a must over anything in/and or near GH, Muskegon, or Grand Rapids. Make the extra effort to get there. If you need a partner/semi-local while playing IM me, would be glad to show you around. :)

I am heading to Grand Haven, Michigan on Saturday for a week. I plan on playing Flip City if its open. I'd like to stick within a hour or so away from where we will be staying, here is a list of some courses I am thinking about playing and wanted to know which ones are worth checking out:

Whitehall Township DGC
Branstrom Park DGC
Riverside Park
McGraft Park
Flip City

Stay away from Grand Rapids. Everything here is average at best. Riverside is flooded half the time and extremely crowded the other half.

There are enough great courses courses from Shelby up to Traverse City to keep you busy for a week.

ha! I am there right now for a few months of summer vaca. Flip is definitely open! Just played a few rounds there today and play again tomorrow trying to earn a berth for state championships in a month.

Flip is a must and is only about 30 minutes north of GH. The other musts are all in Ludington. An hour north of GH. The Mason County DG Parks, 3 in one location, and Leviathan about 4 miles north of there for the ultimate in challenging Michigan experiences.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=709
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1476

League nights for the Mason County courses is Tue night($4 dollars to play), and Flips is Wed night ($12 to join, $4 to play, with a HUGE ace pool currently).

These parks are a must over anything in/and or near GH, Muskegon, or Grand Rapids. Make the extra effort to get there. If you need a partner/semi-local while playing IM me, would be glad to show you around. :)

A LITTLE off-topic...but julio..nice website....I like the photography! very professional! on a side note...you must get laid...alot haha..

I will pile on about Mason County... great park. I've only had enough time to play Beauty but I've walked Beast/Goliath and it looks sweet. I've also heard great things about Leviathan. Best of all both are about 20 mins or so from Flip City, which I just played last weekend. (Flip is totally worth all of the hype BTW).

Thank you all for the great input. I will be sure to hit up Flip City and Mason Park. I will be in Grand Haven till the 31st so hopefully I can get multiple rounds in at these courses.

Riverside is only flooded in the spring, when the ice melting backs the river up, while i will agree its not the most challanging, its still a fun course.

or if you wanna try a challanging pole hole course, with alot of blind throws and eleveation changed, head to johnson park, i think im headed there in abotu a hour actuly.

Stay away from Grand Rapids. Everything here is average at best. Riverside is flooded half the time and extremely crowded the other half.

There are enough great courses courses from Shelby up to Traverse City to keep you busy for a week.

Agreed, although Grand Rapids is my back yard nothing here is overly spectacular. Lets us know how flip city and mason are, I am going to try and get up there myself this summer.

Agreed, although Grand Rapids is my back yard nothing here is overly spectacular. Lets us know how flip city and mason are, I am going to try and get up there myself this summer.

Ill be sure to let you know how they are, I always take pictures so I will post those as well. I can't wait to get up there and play these courses, I'm tired of playing my "home courses". I leave tomorrow at 6am and will return next Friday, I will post reviews and pictures as soon as I get back:D.