• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Help] mid range slight anhyzer

try a light x comet, then. 167-169. it's very easy to manipulate. it can be punishing, but i can promise you it has pretty much zero fade except when brand spanking new. and it's cheap.

if you don't like big beads/deep feeling discs, though, i would steer clear. they've got a pretty big bead.

messed the link up the first time

I would compare it to a new comet but the discit is a smaller diameter so it doesn't have that dinner plate feel some people get from a meteor or a comet

Fuse and Tursas get kinda stable at max weight Opto/VIP
drop the weight some to 166 - 170, and then knock the flashing off.
If those don't turn when thrown flat, well they should.

Champ Panther is a great, controllable turning disc. The ones already mentioned are also good, and just wanted to throw this one out there.

For an off the shelf disc that finishes right I use a Tursas. Both of mine have been notably more understable than my Fuse was. I throw my Tursas on hyzer with good snap and it will run straight then finish right. On the same throw my Fuse and Tangents just snap to flat and go straight. For me the Tursas flies like a brand new Stingray, but feels more like a Roc in hand. You could beat a Roc, I had a KC to the point it would finish right.

Honestly at your power a lot of mids should turn right. Not sure what the deal is. Maybe you have a super clean release?

I would suggest either a discraft comet or a LIGHT WEIGHT westwide warship.

The comet will be a little bit more understable.

I use a warship for shallow annies and a tursas for big annies. The other suggestions (comet, meteor, stingray, tangent, fuse, squirrel) all work too. There are a lot of good choices.

Mako3 is a nice disc if you put a slight anny on it, it will basically follow any line you put it on. But is also dead straight if you don't overpower it.

It might be worth a try if you want it to still be stable like you mentioned before.

I carry one 180g DX stingray at a time that gets worn in and used when it might get lost, and recently found the foxbat to be the best premium plastic disc for keeping the same flight path that won't change over time. I started with a 180 foxbat and use it for when I have to get the most power into the disc without as much risk of turnover, and a 174 that I sanded the flashing down on for the stand stills and touch shots. The 174 bat and 180 stingray (once worn to no fade) fly about the same at normal power levels, but the bat has a bit more glide. It also will still fade a tiny bit from a high-up shot if I mess up and hit a hard, too-clean hyzer (trying to flip it) or don't snap hard enough. I am sure that will go away eventually but the disc is slow to break in thus far. Stingray STAYS right.

I have tried the stingray in all other plastics it has been in, and even tried the super stingray, but they are all waaaaay more stable than the same weight DX in my experience, and I don't want to spend years on wearing one in or searching out the right weight.

Another thing that is great to do is get a mid that you like the feel of and beat it in over time to get the understability you want. I have a couple rocs and a shark that will fly the same as my stingray but I save them for days when I need my most trusted plastic. For some reason I lose more understable discs than anything else and I have had those discs for years to get them so worn.

Came here to post the flying squirrel. I've heard those are great turning mids right out of the box.

Recycled line and opto fuses are both great. Foxbat does the same but can't handle any real wind. Mako 3 seems a little too stable unless you Anny it. If you need a flip mid for sub 200 shots, star wedge is where it's at.

My power level is where yours is. The fuses can be released with hyzer and still get a slight turn that holds the line, the foxbat just keeps going right. But they are juicy in no wind.

Last edited:
I am looking for a stable mid range disc that will naturaly fade to the right. i throw right handed back hand. Is there a disc that is fresh and brand new when thrown flat that will end right or does this break physics since every disc will eventually fade. Or do i have to beat the living crap out of a disc to have that natural glide to the right.

Meteor

GL fuse. Mine flips really slowly and turns slow to the right, lands flat

Seasoned to beat KC Rocs are the most beautiful and predictable turning midrange... Also beat Z Comets are amazing. Mako3 is great for these shots, but due to the JL plastic they finish left for a looooong time when new...

Latest posts