• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Milwaukee County Parks Are Going P2P.

Innova63

Double Eagle Member
Premium Member
Took a drive through Dretzka Park today and saw a large sign near the parking lot and first tee stating that in 2015 all the DG courses were going to pay to play.

I am OK with this. but have a couple of concerns....

Will the club (GLDGC) still be doing most of the work on the courses?
I believe the club purchased all the baskets on the 4 courses in the county parks and paid for the tee-pads and supplied all the labor to install baskets and tee-pads. I believe the county is only cutting the grass and emptying the trash cans.

Other thoughts......

Would be nice to create some revenue for the upkeep of our courses. Who will do the work? Not sure. I am more on the consumer end of the sport, no time for fun work.:\ I love our courses and would love to see some improvements and development in the Milwaukee area. I live in Waukesha county and all of our courses suck. It seems like disc golf growth is more for beginners leaving out the more advanced level players, who might enjoy a course that isn't full of donkeys. I say that in reference to the frolf around my house.:D

Thanks.

The P2P courses will be:

Brown Deer Park - 18-Hole
7625 N. Range Line Road

Dineen Park - 18-Hole
6600 W. Keefe Avenue

Estabrook Park - 18-Hole
4400 N. Estabrook Drive

Root River Parkway South - 18-Hole
Near 84th Street and Grange Avenue

Dretzka Park - 27-Hole
12020 W. Bradley Road

Free practice courses:

Milwaukee County Sports Complex - 9-Hole
6000 W. Ryan Road

Kops Park - 2-Hole
3321 N. 86th Street

Wil-O-Way Grant - 3-Hole
207 Lake Drive
Operated by the Office for Persons with Disabilities

Wil-O-Way Underwood - 3-Hole
10602 Underwood Creek Parkway

I live in Waukesha county and all of our courses suck.

Village Park in Sussex isn't bad. Neither is Valley View. Not to say the Milwaukee County parks aren't a lot better.

I don't have a problem with them going P2P, as long as the funds raised actually go to maintaining/improving the courses.

I liked Village Park quite a bit.

With that said, I don't mind this at all. If it keeps the chucker traffic down, I'm all for it. Estabrook particularly gets overrun with them.

I'm fine with it as long as they're all under one permit & the money goes back into the courses. If only Madison / Dane County can get them under one permit here...

pd

I'm fine with it as long as they're all under one permit & the money goes back into the courses. If only Madison / Dane County can get them under one permit here...

pd

So true. Nothing like me trekking two hours to get down to Madison, then having to parse out what courses I'm going to play by what pass covers which.

pd

They're run by two different entities. They both need to make their money. The only thing they may be able to do is offer a joint one, and charge like 2 dollars less considering they saved a bit in printing passes. But they count on the revenue separately.

At some point, I'm sure we will have more than two courses on each pass, but for now, I do not see them joining them together.

As it stands, 5 courses on one pass is pretty solid for Milwaukee.

Dane County Courses are always pristine.

Madison Courses have seen quite a bit of improvement already, with much much more to come.

P2P is the way to go if people want to play on courses that are top notch all the time.

Last edited:
I'm glad p2p is becoming a growing trend for city park courses in this region. I hope this idea continues blossom. In the end, DG was never really "free" anyway. I support substantially discounted blanket season passes for local residents and a fair price for daily use. It makes sense. Like someone said earlier, it will keep some of the riffraff at bay, it may cut down on vandalism, and perhaps oddly enough install a sense of pride and ownership to the players who frequent these courses. Additionally, and someone mentioned this already, p2p at city and town parks will drive the market for bigger, better private facilities and I think we can all agree that more variety and higher quality courses= more DG fun for everyone.

They're run by two different entities. They both need to make their money. The only thing they may be able to do is offer a joint one, and charge like 2 dollars less considering they saved a bit in printing passes. But they count on the revenue separately.

At some point, I'm sure we will have more than two courses on each pass, but for now, I do not see them joining them together.

As it stands, 5 courses on one pass is pretty solid for Milwaukee.

Dane County Courses are always pristine.

Madison Courses have seen quite a bit of improvement already, with much much more to come.

P2P is the way to go if people want to play on courses that are top notch all the time.

I understand they are run by different entities, but if they can get their stuff together for lake access permits with more entities (Dane Co., City of Madison, City of Monona), more permit-required locations, and a much larger audience and revenue base, these few parks shouldn't be a problem.

Agree 5 on one pass for Milwaukee would be nice, especially since my brother lives 5 minues from Brown Deer - the more the merrier!

pd

I understand they are run by different entities, but if they can get their stuff together for lake access permits with more entities (Dane Co., City of Madison, City of Monona), more permit-required locations, and a much larger audience and revenue base, these few parks shouldn't be a problem.

Agree 5 on one pass for Milwaukee would be nice, especially since my brother lives 5 minues from Brown Deer - the more the merrier!

pd

The difference is that Disc Golf fees are segregated for both entities. The Lake Access permits are not.

The nicest part of P2P is it keeps the traffic down, keeps some riffraff out (vandals, trash chuckers, etc), well worth it in my book.

Seriously? They're going to charge people to play Kops? :\ :\

Other than that, not the worstest idea ever...

Seriously? They're going to charge people to play Kops? :\ :\

Other than that, not the worstest idea ever...

No.

From the link/post above...

Free practice courses:

6000 W. Ryan Road

Kops Park - 2-Hole
3321 N. 86th Street

Wil-O-Way Grant - 3-Hole
207 Lake Drive

I am happy to see that this is happening and I hope Waukesha County adopts the same policy. Valley View is an 18 ring circus during the summer.

No.

From the link/post above...

Free practice courses:

6000 W. Ryan Road

Kops Park - 2-Hole
3321 N. 86th Street

Wil-O-Way Grant - 3-Hole
207 Lake Drive

Doh! Total reading comprehension fail on my part. That'll teach me to quickly scan posts while at work. ;)