• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Mini Buzzz

I got one of these to toss around and let my kid play with and I wish that this size was more common.

My 7 year old son can throw one of these about as far as any full size disc (even light ones). They fit kids hands a lot better than full size discs.

finally got a mini buzz or maybe more than one. man these things zoom! first throw went around 200 and i barely tossed it. thought i lost it but it was roughly 50 feet farther than i expected. got one for my wife and son and she loved the idea of a mini course in the yard! Hell yeah winning!!!!

I picked up a few recently and they are great.
This size makes way more sense for marking purposes, too.
All other minis seemed useless to me, but this mini I can actually pick up in my peripheral vision much better.
High win for Discraft on this one.

I got one of these to toss around and let my kid play with and I wish that this size was more common.

My 7 year old son can throw one of these about as far as any full size disc (even light ones). They fit kids hands a lot better than full size discs.

I've been saying that there needs to be youth sized discs. You don't see 6 year olds trying to play with an NFL sized football, or kicking around a size 5 soccer ball. I think this is a great first disc for a kid and would like to see more companies do this :clap:

I've been saying that there needs to be youth sized discs. You don't see 6 year olds trying to play with an NFL sized football, or kicking around a size 5 soccer ball. I think this is a great first disc for a kid and would like to see more companies do this :clap:

Completely agree. I've see parents out with their 4-5 year olds and the kids struggling to throw regular sized discs. Something like a Mini Buzzz would be perfect and help them develop good form before they can muscle a 150g+ regular sized disc.

I think a Mini Drone would be the next best choice here.

finally got a mini buzz or maybe more than one. man these things zoom! first throw went around 200 and i barely tossed it. thought i lost it but it was roughly 50 feet farther than i expected. got one for my wife and son and she loved the idea of a mini course in the yard! Hell yeah winning!!!!
Yea man! I just got a couple mini Buzzzes yesterday and those things FLY! We were playing catch and I kept launching it over my friend's head. Can't wait to get out and throw them some more. Had to figure out how to grip it, though. You basically use your fingertips!

I was going to throw them around today but it's too damn hot for a penguin just to be walking around.

Had a few throws over 260' with mine. Most fun mini I have ever thrown hands down. Could use a mini wasp or something a little more stable.

Would really like to see this format for youth discs, so much better than just making superlight rocs/sharks and whatever else still doesn't fit in a kids hand.

I'm gonna do a mini buzzz round at my local pitch and putt tomorrow. Should be a blast on a rather boring deuce or die course.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 70
Are these supposed to be a pretty common thing in the regular buzzz stamp now? The non-bar-stamp ones are not limited release, right?

Are these supposed to be a pretty common thing in the regular buzzz stamp now? The non-bar-stamp ones are not limited release, right?

yes they are standard release now. stock stamps are big z and regular buzz circle stamp. they should be getting to retailers now. but they are flying off the shelf.

GLIDE disc golf in madison has a ton right now. you can always call them they are happy to help and ship one or 12 out

I can't find any

DiscGolfCenter.com had a bunch just recently for $8 a piece and sold out within a few days. Just wait for them to re-up. You can send them an email asking when they will have them in stock again. Wade is real good at replying quickly.

I don't understand the mini craze all of a sudden these things are everywhere.
Unless less you have little kids you giving them to play I don't get it

My daughter is 2 and I looked at the Mini Buzzz and thought that it would be the perfect size to start teaching her to throw with. Proportionately it fits her hand like a normal disc would fit mine but with a little room to grow. After buying it, I gave it a test throw to see how it would fly if she were to throw it and it flies wonderful. Definitely buying one for my son due in January.

Threw one of these around on Tuesday. It's fun to toss & catch, but not as good as a mini wiz IMO.

The mini buzzz is comparatively low in profile and it has a super shallow rim. There are 2 consequences to this:
1) It flies faster and lends itself more to line drives (not really conducive to playing catch)
2) It's kinda hard to get a good grip on that tiny rim

The mini buzzz is also much sharper in the rim; it might hurt to catch except that they weigh next to nothing.

I bought one of these yesterday and look forward to throwing it at Winton.

This says "PDGA Approved", so what are they approved for? Throwing or marking?

The stamp has the word "MINI" so it's not an exact replica of the bar stamp.

Attachments

• DSC04292.jpg
    DSC04292.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC04293.jpg
    DSC04293.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 54
Amazing throwers, flies with the same stability and distance of a buzzz lol...I played catch with mine yesterday. The best mini golf disc. I thought it would be too big to pocket around but it is so light that it's fine to stick in my pocket.

Latest posts