• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mini DG courses?

harr0140

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I did a search with the word mini for mini disc golf courses on DGCR and its funny it came up with 8 courses one of which is not actually a mini course it is just part of the name of the park (Miniwaukan). Are there any other mini courses out there that may not have "mini" in the name? I am seriously considering buying enough baskets to set up a course somewhere someday . . . I need some land before that can happen, but I think it would be awesome to be the first mini course installed in WI (if there isn't already).

Who has played MINI DG other than just goofing around . . . I mean played one of these courses or perhaps any other courses out there?

I don't know of any permanent courses in my area, but the Mt Airy crew sets up a temp course during some of their fun events. There is also another temp course set up (as many holes as they have baskets) for our local Ace Race/Day-Glow Doubles event. It's the main reason I play the event. I wonder what has kept more mini courses from popping up. It's a blast to play.

I agree it can be just as fun I would imagine and it costs much less for the baskets, teepads, discs, and most importantly the land needed for a quality course. I know I will eventually have land with a course on it, but it just is not affordable . . .I could do a mini course on a much smaller piece of land and plan to do so.

Blockhouse has a mini course? I knew about the two main courses and the tiki course (short holes, normal size discs and baskets).

The Beaver State Fling sets up a mini course each year. I think Gawain Stern is the man behind the curtain on that one. It's pretty rad, plays near tourney central. It's fun/challenging enough that nearly all of the top players play it during their downtime. I think either Nate Sexton or Steve Rico has the course record, but my memory is fuzzy.

Blockhouse has a mini course? I knew about the two main courses and the tiki course (short holes, normal size discs and baskets).

Yeah, sometimes when you are playing sunnyside you see a mini basket and think, damn that is a long hole, then walk up and see it was an illusion created by the mini basket.

Phantom Falls DGC has a mini course too. So not only do they have a top 10 rated course, but also a mini golf course. You can't beat that. BTW, the Beaver Ranch course is pretty much down the street too... Another top 10 course... I love Colorado.

Phantom Falls Mini DGC

Yeah, sometimes when you are playing sunnyside you see a mini basket and think, damn that is a long hole, then walk up and see it was an illusion created by the mini basket.

They actually tee of from the original tee pads. FTW when it's a 600ft mini hole

the beauty of mini courses is that you can create a sweet par 70 type course that is SAFE for pedestrians in the space of a crammed in, crappy all par 3 disc golf course that is a law suit waiting to happen.

It would be cool to use mini baskets as tee markers on a normal course. If only I had the money, time and land...

the beauty of mini courses is that you can create a sweet par 70 type course that is SAFE for pedestrians in the space of a crammed in, crappy all par 3 disc golf course that is a law suit waiting to happen.

This may be my first venture as a disc golf course designer . . .but I need some land to do this on and 14 more mini baskets!

It would be cool to use mini baskets as tee markers on a normal course. If only I had the money, time and land...

Or use mini baskets to make a 3 hole course when you have a long walk between holes on a full sized course. :thmbup:

Or use mini baskets to make a 3 hole course when you have a long walk between holes on a full sized course. :thmbup:

So at Kops park we could put a mini hole in between the holes and we would have a 4 hole course. You can go in between 1 and 2, and then again between 2 and 1.

I know Miniwauken very well and I'm pretty sure that I could shoot par on that course with just a mini but it by no means is a mini golf course.