• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Mint Discs

My big disc order this year was all Mint. A handful of Bullets, 2 jackalopes (lost my eternal, and there's some competition for that slot in my bag - maverick, crave, and jackalope), and 1 eternal freetail.

Looking forward to trying the Bullet, even if it doesn't push Pures of the putting/throwing slot (I'm a stickler for only 1 mold for putting and throwing putters, and no the breaker doesn't count since it's approach only). Love the apex freetail I have, but it's more along the lines of roller flippy, and not quite as workable as I would like. Hopefully adding an eternal will help solve that.

Need to hear more about the Diamondback! The Jackalope is basically what I always wanted out of a sidewinder, so interested to see where it fits in the lineup.

I was fairly disappointed in my Diamondbacks. Nothing wrong with the discs, but I bought it based upon the -2 rating. Mine might be -0.5. So, mine is basically a Thunderbird. Love the Jackalope, and if there's ever a known understable run or plastic in the Diamondback, I will revisit.

That's where I'm seeing a trend with Mint. Many of the discs reportedly fly more stable than the flight numbers would indicate. In my experience: the Goat, Alpha, and Grackle all fly more stable than advertised. The jackalope and freetail are much closer to their base ratings.

I find the bullet to be a great neutral putter. It has maybe a tick less glide than a pure but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Just incredibly straight, even out to edge of c2 just like the pure. The glow bullet train is also a super straight thrower. I think I could easily use them interchangeably so I'll just have to get a feel for which I prefer. The medium royal plastic is nice, but I really like retro burst. It's really splitting hairs for me at this point.

Are the Apex Bullets going to be available to all venders or just on the Mint site?

has that been confirmed or just speculating? I personally haven't seen or held a praxis, and I know that just having different flight numbers doesn't mean anything...it wouldn't surprise me but haven't seen that correlation confirmed yet.

side note: the bullet apex art reminds me of the Chain Devil from Chainsaw Man intro

Yep, down to the microbead and mold marks on the rim.

I have both, throw both, and both land within 5 feet of each other in practice repetitions.

Weird about the flipped speed and glide flight number differences though.

I can't find my calipers or silly putty, so its a bad day for science, but I'll double check the rim width when I find them.

i have a freetail in alpha that ive only had for about a month and about 5-7 rounds. do they beat pretty quick ? seems like its getting flippy quickly which i didnt really expect it due to the plastic.

should have said apex not alpha. anyway, its my favorite disc now, apex over sublime and eternal

How exactly does one get a gummy Bobcat that isn't a Sublime FR? This has been a hunt that has gone on for far too long. I have a Sublime FR, it's perfect, but its ****ing forest green, as if the color they put on it was a prank. It would be lost immediately. I dig my Taco Cat and 2nd run Bobcats, but they are still a little too stiff for me, especially in winter. WHEN SUBLIME FLX?

New Longhorns are going to be released next week, 5/23!

Looks like Apex swirl and Nocturnal from the posts on instagram. Now I'm not sure if I should grab a few and hope that I can get replacements in the future, or just stick with the Grace since it's easier to acquire but more expensive.

New Longhorns are going to be released next week, 5/23!

Looks like Apex swirl and Nocturnal from the posts on instagram. Now I'm not sure if I should grab a few and hope that I can get replacements in the future, or just stick with the Grace since it's easier to acquire but more expensive.

iu

Pretty new to Mint but I'm loving the sublime grackle. I saw that they ran nocturnal grackles for a bit. Anyone know if they're reliably more stable or hit and miss?

Pretty new to Mint but I'm loving the sublime grackle. I saw that they ran nocturnal grackles for a bit. Anyone know if they're reliably more stable or hit and miss?

they're about as overstable as a grackle gets. I threw a 168 sublime that was pretty flat and the most overstable of the group of sublimes that I tried. The Nocturnal is right on par with those, but in heavier weights. The 170+ sublimes had more dome and actually came out a bit less overstable than either nocturnal or sub-170 sublime

Reliably more stable. I'd compare the Sublime Grackle to a longer Mustang and the Glow Grackle to a longer Bobcat.

Ordered apex and nocturnal longhorns last night. I hope they fit perfectly next to my eternal that I've been working with for a bit now. And hopefully they will be more commonly available this time around!

tried the swirly apex out today. alot like a wraith, had some really good drives but nothing overly special, except mvp plastic.

I think its a straighter than a wraith, which i bag a GG 21 pop top wraith, maybe not as much glide as the GG but not as much fade either.

The nocturnal longhorn is flatter than both the eternal and apex that I have. Decent bit more stable. If a new apex is a -1/2.5, the nocturnal is definitely 0/2.5.

All of the plastic looks and feels great. The biggest problem is that they can't keep them in stock...

The nocturnal longhorn is flatter than both the eternal and apex that I have. Decent bit more stable. If a new apex is a -1/2.5, the nocturnal is definitely 0/2.5.

All of the plastic looks and feels great. The biggest problem is that they can't keep them in stock...

Sounds awesome. I should get my hands on one Tuesday. I'm stoked.