• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace comiseration thread Pt. 2

Hit the pole on #3 at Dabney Sunday. Hit the top of the basket on #5 West Rooster Rock last Wednesday, and my go-to Star Wraith skipped 70', into the lake and gone. :(

I have hit basket 3 times in the past 2 weeks. Twice on the same hole on top of a stump. the second time, I knew it was going in. Called it and rimmed out on the left side. My warship has been the disc all 3 times, lol. Never had an ace either, but I am getting close

Haven't had an ace in 5 years. Playing harder courses tends to do that. I thought for sure I aced hole 2 at sugaw last week. Out of all the holes, that would have been a sweet ace. Instead, it lost a little elevation at the end and hit the basket.

Still got a 2 though on a hard hole!

As far as I'm concerned, a duece on 2 should only count 1.5. Laser!!:hfive:

I hit metal twice on Monday. I chained out #4 and hit the belt on #5 at Oaks Park in College Station, TX. Super disappointing.

I was playing a round at north mountain south course last week. I was on hole 1 which is somewhere around 250ish and the basket is behind a tree that is about 15 feet high. The best line is either an anny shot, or shoot over the tree and plop it down(i didnt know that at the time). I was throwing for the anny line with my wasp, but i messed up and threw it up and over the tree as an anny shot. The disc stalled out and flopped down, and i heard the sound of chains. It was laying next to the basket.

Today I came the closest I have ever to acing a hole at 300 feet. It was hole 17 at vista del camino. I let my opto striker rip about 5-10 feet off the ground, started fading left, and just missed the chains about a foot to the right and ended up about 5 feet behind the basket. I know thats not impressive for most, but 300 feet is around my average drive range.

At the Spring Fever Fling in Omaha, NE two weeks ago, I slammed dead center, full chain contact on a 270 spike hyzer shot. The damn thing spat my disc right out and dropped it at the base. I was so pissed...it should have been a $400 ace...

Got my second ace last week. I played the same course this week and I just missed my third ace on the same hole.

Hole #25, at Tyler, from the new tee, during leagues. Threw my Wizard, heard chains and was getting psyched. It sounded like I was putting that's how good it hit the chains. Everybody on my card was saying that it is definitely an ace. Walk up to the basket(plays slightly downhill so you cant see the bottom of the basket from the tee) and there it was, laying on the ground, right next to it:(

Hole #25, at Tyler, from the new tee, during leagues. Threw my Wizard, heard chains and was getting psyched. It sounded like I was putting that's how good it hit the chains. Everybody on my card was saying that it is definitely an ace. Walk up to the basket(plays slightly downhill so you cant see the bottom of the basket from the tee) and there it was, laying on the ground, right next to it:(

Wouldn't have happened on a tone pole :|

Chained out the left side on a tee shot today, but it's a little embarrassing 'coz it was just a 150 ft. anny (rhbh) on Winton Woods #2. Oh well...:eek:

Sigh.
I dinged off 16's basket in the mini yesterday with the double mando. Then dinged off 14's basket earlier today from mids. Skipped off the top off 12's basket today from mids. And chained out on 18's basket today from mids.

All of these at my home course of bicentennial.

Hit a bitter sweet ace today. I was lone wolf for our weekly doubles round and I hit hole 16 at Bradley Center on my second shot. The ace pot was $350 plus but we don't pay out unless its you first drive.

Had a couple more ace runs that were "Guaranteed ace(s)!" while out playing today... Now if only the trees would learn that and stay out of my way.

drop zone

Last summer i played the new Lakewood King in Seattle. Never seen the new hole 1 before 180 ft straight across a lake basket about 10 feet from edge. With zero warmup i decide to throw a monarch.....i know fast disc short hole...but i am 55 and can only stretch so much. Grip it rip it....leaves my hand....yes this is gonna be good....clocks the center pole bounces straight back and then rolls in the water....this was saturday, i didnt skip church sunday

Last summer i played the new Lakewood King in Seattle. Never seen the new hole 1 before 180 ft straight across a lake basket about 10 feet from edge. With zero warmup i decide to throw a monarch.....i know fast disc short hole...but i am 55 and can only stretch so much. Grip it rip it....leaves my hand....yes this is gonna be good....clocks the center pole bounces straight back and then rolls in the water....this was saturday, i didnt skip church sunday

Those shots that do that bug me so insanely much. The baskets on my home course are Mach V's with what's called a soft chain pattern (DGA only used this chain pattern on baskets for a couple courses I'm told) that have a nasty tendency to bounce out like you described.

Amost had my first ACE today, Playing Arrowhead Park in Wilmington NC with my son. Hole 13, I always use my DX ROC on it and decided to use my Rc Pro Aviar putter today. The entire disc hit the chains and as it fell into the basket, it hit the rim and flopped out. I'm going to have nightmares about it, I know it. It will come though, only been playing for 3 months now.

In an ace race a couple of weeks ago, I threw a pure on an anny that hit the chains hard, you know that middle of the chains sound. Got the high fives & fist bumps. Problem was you could only see the top of the basket from the tee. When we got up to the basket, there was my pure, on the ground, four feet in front of the basket.

Amost had my first ACE today, Playing Arrowhead Park in Wilmington NC with my son.

Awesome. It took me a long time to get my first ace. Part of it is skill to get it to the basket. Once you get the accuracy to get it in the basket, the rest is just luck. I finally got my first ace earlier this year. I cannot remember how many metal hits, chain hits, and even where discs have gone into the baskets and then popped out before I got my first ace. Some people are lucky, some people arent.

Latest posts