• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace comiseration thread Pt. 2

I have 11 Aces in my life but none this year, playing off and on for 19 years. This year Ive hit metal high 4 times, hit basket low 6 or 7 and chained out 3. Bout 13 metal hits and no Aces. Im starting to wonder if I'll get any this year?

Hit basket twice last night in league, ace pool was roughly 250 dollars. I've never had an ace but the metal hits are constant. I told the guys on my card as we started, they think I'm cursed after witnessing it.

A week after my first ace I threw my Roc on a perfect line to the basket on a 200' hole. Everyone in my group thought it was going straight in, and it hit the back side of the chains and spit out!

This has been a constant thing for me for about a month now. In the last month I have had 12-15 shots that either hit metal or pass the basket less then foot away. I feel like I am about to break this 7 year slump just a matter of when now.

Was playing the Orange Tees at Knobley Mt. DGC tonight. It's a short down-hill shot with the basket protected on both sides by trees and shrubs. I had a Cubby Ace on it before while just throwing several discs from the tee. I normally don't go for the ace and tend to play the hole conservatively short for the easy two. Tonight, though, I just had a feeling and really felt like trying to hit the ace.

Well, as soon as I released my drive I thought that it was on a nice line. I was right. It hit just off the top of the cage. 6" higher and it would have been in the chains. Unfortunately, it skipped long and left into a bush, leaving my lie directly behind the bush without a real shot at birdie.

So metal hit turns into par... bummer. :doh: Next time, maybe. :)

Came so close to my first ace tonight. Hole 12 at Mathews Park, in Monroe, Georgia, a short (204') slight downhill shot with a somewhat tight gap for a RHBH shot. Hit the gap with my X Comet and it faded right into the basket - the outside of the basket. Settled for a drop-in birdie, and a 52 for the round.

I chained out an ace in the state dubs championship, a beautiful comet shot that blew up the chains and fell to the ground :(
$166 ace pool, nobody else came close :(

missed one last friday and one tonight.

hole 14 at oakwood; short hyzer shot with the 400s pa4. nailed chains and spit through . . . damn slick plastic.

then tonight, hole 17 at oakwood . . . would've been amazing. 405 foot open shot, doinked the top with my patriot. got a gash from it too.

Two rounds in two nights...two ace runs spit out...:wall: what do I have to do to get one to stick?

Hole 5, <200 ft tunnel shot in the woods, breaker into the chains and spit out...
Following night, hole 17 approx 220 ft hole over a lake, hyzer bomb with a breaker into the chastity belt, kicked down off the cage and bounced out. :wall::wall::wall:

6 metal hits and 2 cubby aces in 3 rounds today. How can I be that close that many times and not come up with it? One of the metals was a rim out... C'mon.....

Latest posts