• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace commiseration thread

4 aces with countless bounce outs, but my best bounce was a 400' hole in Emporia Kansas. I was with a bunch of friends as Jones East and my throw goes exactly where I want. Everyone sees and and goes "that's gotta be in". It smashes the chains and bounces out backwards toward the teepad. Damn medium ascents are just a little too floppy to stay in. And so my longest ace is 300'. It seems most of ny bounce outs come about 350 feet.

So is your avatar :|

vandy.jpg

Sadly still no aces for me either.

Morning round july 4th of this year, I threw an anode over a creek on a 150' hole at roper park, and it hit the nubs at the top in the center and popped up flipped and bounced off the top of the basket.. I was like Wooooooo-ahhhhhhh dammit mid jump lol a guy on the trail was mildly confused..

Just a couple weeks ago I was playing chataqua park in beatrice and hit the left edge of the chains on a 170ish ft hole, also with an anode. Arrrghh

Girlfriend bounced a buzzz off the left side of a tree about 40 ft from the basket and it lasered right off the chains on a 240' hole lol.. She was mad and threw it as hard as possible not caring where it went. Just happened to go straight, that near ace turned her mood around in a hurry :)

I threw a putt from 4 feet that somehow split every chain on a chainstar basket, hit the pole, bounced back through the chains not hitting one and then onto the ground. I was befuddled. As for aces that got away. Too many. I just get flashes of them but no specifics. I repress the bad thoughts.

33 years and no aces, but I have a couple discs serving time for assault and battery of defenseless baskets.
Those of you playing for 1.1 years, or 4 courses played, save your crocodile tears---I'm not feeling your pain.

I lost count of all the missed aces. It must be around 50. I told my girlfriend I would get an ace for her and so far she has seen me miss at least 7 of them. I refuse to empty my bag just so she can see one, it seems like it would be a hollow victory at best.

Hole #7 @ Hambrick, you will be mine.

A handful of chain spit outs over the years.

The best one was a Champ monster that I skipped into every chain on the basket and spot out. I pl played the same course with my cousin a week later and told him about my near ace the week before, throw the same shot and out stuck.

Let go of my Buzzz FLX today.. it flew straight and true.. My buddy behind me said "you got this".. I started to get excited and threw my arms up as it slowly dropped.. It nailed the right side of the chains and spit me 5' away :(

Hole #7 Osprey DGC @ Benton Beach.. Granted it is 210' but.. still would have been nice to ace a 5th hole at this course..

on hole # 2 at tuthill park I threw my star katana and skipped up and hit the basket directly probably closest since now. And it was on my birthday been pretty sweet if I did get that ace

Shot -9 at youth park in St. Pete (9 hole course), hit the lower cage on #7. Would have made it -10

Hole #4 here at EOU, a short straight 250 foot putter drive. I've dead centered the pole twice, always bouncing straight back out. I hate that basket.

We played a special "19th" hole with the locals when I visited out here 2 years ago. You throw from the bluff behind the basket in the picture. You first cross a 4 lane hwy(which was closed when I was there but still crazy) and then climb up a few hundred feet. From there, you bomb down to hole 18's basket....most insane hole I have ever thrown. A few of the locals didn't feel like climbing so they stayed down to watch the shots. Well, needless to say, I tickled chains on a skip on the most insane hole I have ever played. It was a great moment nonetheless. My best friend was there with me so I have that going for me.
-On a side note I have chained out 10+ times and hit basket/pole at least 30 more. Only 2 aces to show currently, but damn did they feel good!

Lots of metal hits, lots of chain hits, lots of pole hits. Way too many to count.

Favorite almost ace: Hole 12 at Corbin Park (used to be hole 9). Throw an ESP Nuke up the gut as it's a 400 + foot hole (plays more like 430 because it's slightly up hill). The disc sits about 10 feet above the fairway and keeps trucking. I figure I'm going to have a 50 footer for a birdie look (which would be super awesome). Disc takes a super weird skip off the rocky ground, half counter skips and then starts hooking left. Lose sight of the disc, hear a giant booming CHING and get all giddy like a kid at Christmas. Start running up the fairway, see my disc laying under the basket. Easiest deuce I ever took on that hole.

In the last week and a half or so, I almost hit my first ace several times on different rounds at emerald park on hole 14. I hit basket once, got within a foot or so several times, The closest though was when I threw it, and I threw it too far by only a few inches or so. The group waiting to throw hole 5 said my disc went above the basket, but missed the chains by an inch or so. I also hit basket on hole 16 at vista in scottsdale while trying out a new disc. Gah, I just want to hit at least one ace.

We have a new course in Wilmington NC called Arrowhead park. It is exactly what we needed here to ofset the challenge of our first and premier course Castle Hayne. a Pitch and putt. i have played is several times the last 2 weekends but still haven't goten an ace out there.
Hole 1 150ish slight uphill hit chains first throw last saturday
Hole 11 150ish slight up hill hit the top
Mole 13 170ish hit the cage

may have another go out there this weekend and see if i can get this monkey off my back.

Latest posts