• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Missed ace commiseration thread

Not for nothing, but all my throws are missed aces
Ba_dum__CHING_by_Draygone.gif

In two days, at the same course, I hit metal back to back (top of the chains, then the basket) on the same hole in two rounds one day and hit metal (basket) on another hole at my local pitch and putt with the same Opto Pure. It's just a matter of time before I drop one there.

We were playing a mini round for our local Winter Warriors tourney series. My partner and I were not doing well. Like, 4 over not doing well. I step up to the tee on hole 11 and threw my Innova glowie mini on a hyzer (trying to lay up for a bird) at the basket about 220 feet away and behind a tree. It slams chains and my whole card starts cheering...until we get up to the basket and see the mini laying about six inches from the basket...it looked like I hit far chains. Big bummer. But we got the birdie!

Next anecdote: I was out at my local course playing a round with my wife and daughter, real casual, just kinda messing around. I step up to hole 7 (super short ace run that I have aced before) turn with a poop-eating grin to my wife and throw my S-Line Gremlin without looking at the basket. I hear chains. My wife gives me the "don't get excited" look and I turn to see the Grem has blown the chains and landed deep in jail on the other side. It's a par two and I missed the putt for a boge. And I looked like a cocky jerk in front of my family. :(

I've hit metal five times from the tee:

1. Parma DGC - Tournament Hole # 1 - Champion Groove - Flick - Hit the chastity belt

If you can come that close flicking a Groove, you sir, are awesome. I tip my hat to you. I can't even get that crap to come out of my hand.

No sarcasm, I am seriously impressed by this.

hole 14 white pad at bicentennial, I threw my pure (which is no longer in my bag since I don't like the feel of it anymore), it flew straight at the basket, dodging every tree in the gauntlet, drops 2-3 seconds early, starts the fade, hits the pole turns into a roller and rolls 35 feet back behind a tree.. It was depressing.

In two days, at the same course, I hit metal back to back (top of the chains, then the basket) on the same hole in two rounds one day and hit metal (basket) on another hole at my local pitch and putt with the same Opto Pure. It's just a matter of time before I drop one there.
Hit the cage on hole 2 tonight at the same course with the same damn Pure.

I was playing in a B teired tournament, and the ace pot was $500. Don't remember the hole length, but I threw a Star Leopard and it missed two trees by inches, and came down, hit the top rim of the basket, and fell to the ground. I felt sick, as I felt that $500 flying away .:(

Hit metal for the 6th time today.

Basil Marella - Hole #2 - Hyzer line - Soft Wizard - Hit the pole.

This disc is bound to be retired at some point.

2 Blowthroughs in 2 days

2 years ago in January threw a double stamp DX roc on #11 at Camden 2 in Milan Illinois. No snow but was not warm either. Disc blows through and stops for an easy deuce. The very next day playing # 17 at West Brook park in Dewitt Iowa using the same disc blew straight threw to the back of the basket. Easy deuce again. Sure cold chains and cold disc cost me 2 aces. Does anyone else feel that they would rather miss the basket than have them blow through? And why does my nephew think it is so funny?:wall:

Still do not have one.

I've hit pole twice. No aces.

This thread proves how much luck is involved in actually getting the disc to stick.

I've hit metal five times this week. Two of those shots blew up the center of the chains before spitting out. I feel your pain!

Two years in a row I have hit aces on the day before Thanksgiving.... This year I hit center pole and spit way left . Then, a couple days later I smashed another one right through the meat of the chains. That would have been my second with my dad being there which is always extra cool.
... So much for making it a tradition.

Anyway, smashing chains is literally just as exciting as an ace that sticks.

Destroyed chains yesterday on 17 at memorial park in frankenmuth mi. Literally could not have been any more square into the chains ...but the basket just wasn't hungry enough. Spit it right out and dropped a foot in front of the basket. I really wish we had a better catching device...

I shoulda stuck with horseshoes...

I have been playing disc golf for about a year and a half, however, only about 10 months worth of play time because I am both in law school and married with a baby. Not a lot of free time during the semester. Anyways I have hit metal 5 times but two times in particular really were heart breakers. One was on a relatively straight 265 foot shot at Kit Carson Park. You really go at it straight though because of low ceilings and trees. So I threw a DX Stinger and right out of the hand I knew it was on target. I watched as it took a slow turn right and as it began to fade left I knew it was gonna hit chain...until it dropped suddenly smashing into the basket :wall:

The other one that stands out was at Kit Carson as well. The pin is surrounded by trees with an OB on the left. There are a couple lines but I prefer the anhyzer to the left around the trees, and that is what I did. It looked like a good shot. The disc got around the trees without hitting any branches and disappeared behind a large overhang until SPLASH, the chains sing out and I think I got one. Unfortunately as I got closer I saw my pink Z Avenger SS sitting next to the basket on the grass :|

I hit that stupid, big, yellow band across the top of the Innova Discatcher basket last week. Hands down the closest I've come to hitting my first ace. I'm so anxious to finally hit my first one to that it was just torture for it to not go in. Still awaiting patiently :(

I hit that stupid, big, yellow band across the top of the Innova Discatcher. I'm so anxious to finally hit my first one to that it was just torture for it to not go in. Still awaiting patiently :(

I feel your pain. Ive been I was doing field work, and decided to play a few holes. The hole was pretty much a straight shot about 260ish feet or so. My disc faded in, and grazed a chain or two on the backside of the basket.

I played 4 years before I got my first ace. It was another 4 before I got my 2nd. Then in 2011 I got 2 and I have 4 so far in 2012. For every one ace I bet I have 30 that bang off the pole or spit out of the chains. It's frustrating but it's basically a numbers game. Hang in there, I always thought an ace was 70% skill and 30% luck. A pole banger is no better of a shot then an ace. Get enough near misses and eventually one will stick

Latest posts