• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most birdies in a row

How many birdies have you gotten in a row?

• 0, and you suck at DG and dont belong on DGCR

Votes: 2 1.6%

Votes: 1 0.8%

Votes: 13 10.7%

Votes: 20 16.4%

Votes: 20 16.4%

Votes: 14 11.5%

Votes: 12 9.8%

Votes: 12 9.8%

Votes: 7 5.7%

Votes: 4 3.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 2.5%

• 18+

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

cjskier

Double Eagle Member
I played a round today on my home course and hit 9 birdies in a row(mostly A positions). It got me to thinking about how many other birdies in a row other DGCR members have gotten. Up to today the most I ever had gotten was 3, the good old Turkey.

So I ask you DGCR, how many birdies have you gotten in a row(courses with 200' par 4's on the sign dont count)?

BTW I played Truckee river Course, in Truckee CA. Course is still party covered in snow, but I got my best round ever on any course. 10 birds, 2 boogies, including a boogie on hole one, an easy 290'er.

4 birdies in a row is my best. I was throwing bad I was at 2 over after 8 holes and just told myself i need to get some birds. Ended neg 3 in the round.

Probably will get four soon

11,12,13 at my home course,a few times.

From what I have recorded 4 but who knows what it could really be. During one tourney I had a run where i went 2, 2, 2, 2, 3, 2, 2, 2. Wasn't my best round either :/...

Really it just depends on the courses you play.

Last edited:
I don't remember stuff like that, probably because the number isn't that high! I'm going with three. I do remember getting 7 birdies in an 18-hole round though.

The poll is quite spread at the moment. I'd like to hear about the 18+ birds in a row. :popcorn:

I'm sure I've had 4 or 5 in a row, but I can't remember exactly. 9 in a row is pretty impressive, but of course, it depends a lot on the course. Where I previously lived I would frequently shoot 7 or 8 or even 9 under. I'm a better player now and I'm usually a lot closer to par on the courses I live near now.

Wabun picnic area, shortest course known to man (well, known to the twin cities [other than Moir]). 13 birdies in a row. Really not an accomplishment, its super super short.

For real courses? Probably 8, probably around 10 times I've done it at Acorn park.

I voted 2 but it could be 3

I know I've played some 9 hole courses in places where I've come in -8, my best in competition I've strung together 5 or so, the last tournament I played I started a round +8 after 7 holes, finished +2, strung some birdies together there.

7 in a row on a short little pitch 'n' putt. It was a tournament round and I started on hole 4 or 5. The birdie run started on hole 10 and was hoping to birdie the entire back 9. I ended up with 8 birdies and a bogey to shoot a 20 for the back. The front was terrible, I was only 4 down.

I too don't really keep track of this stat. I'm guessing around 5 though.

Four in a row. At Pharoah's Tomb in Va, we have three holes (15, 16 and 17) we locals call the Triple Crown. All birdable, with 17 being the longest and hardest to bird, like the Belmont in the real Triple Crown. I hit the Triple Crown and 14, so it was four in a row. The most in a row in one round for me.

There's a kiddie course in ALBQ (IIRC Vista Hills). If you're not throwing birds on every hole, you need more practice. For me 3 on a real course.

12 between two 9 hole rounds, the last 8 were in the second round where I parred 9 and ended up -8.

Play for 18 years and try to remember something like that.

I shot -19 once but had an ace on the 7th hole.

In a PDGA event I once shot a 38 with a par, an ace and a bogey.

For me a good deuce streak may get interrupted with an ace.

15 is my number but that is on a deuce or die course where everything is an open field and no more than a putter off the tee usually. On a regular course it is probably 5 or 6