• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most common questions TD get asked

Ziggy

Double Eagle Member
Greetings All,

I'm in the works to create a disc golf sign language v-log (video log) to explain to the uninitiated or uneducated deaf disc golfers when it comes to tournaments.

I wanted to compile a question of the most common (and idiotic) questions that joe blow asks the TD about

Then answer those questions in Sign Language to help the Deaf disc golfer.

So - to help me out - fire away with a list of good questions and the stupid funny questions.

Can a disc with no stamp be used in a tourney?
Can I get my disc out of a water hazard during the round?
Do I need my name inked on all my discs?
What do I do if I catch someone cheating?
What do I do if someone is smoking cigarettes during the round (Assuming it's a PDGA Tourney)?

I always want to know:
what time the second round (if applicable) is supposed to tee off.
if any holes have an unusual OB policy (e.g. re-tee, re-tee from drop zone, bunker/no penalty).

Do you have an extra Koozie to put my beer in?
Can I use my skoal can as a mini marker?
Do I really need to mark my disc when its a gimme?
Can I take 15 feet (3meters) behind my disc if it lands in a dead brush pile?

Can I pay for my tourney (or league) with funny money?

What hole am I on? (at tournament central before a round while standing 10' from the scoreboard, followed by ...)

How do I get to hole (x)? [Best answer, overheard at a doubles tournament: Have [name of partner] carry you, like she's been doing all weekend. :clap:]

What time does the next round start?

Explain marking your lie and the 10 meter rule for new tournament players
OB by hole
Start time of each round
Casual water or not
Any holes with safety concerns

Reminds me of one of my favorite stories.

Kirk Yoo was running Tupelo Bay in Myrtle Beach for the first time and we were on the way.

I'm in the car and this is what I hear....

"This is Kirk.......correct........correct.........correct....wait a minute...where did you get my number?.....so you are telling me that you are competent enough to find my phone number on the internet but not competent enough to use that same device to figure out how far of a drive it is there?!?"

Yeah that guy didn't make it to the event.

is that river far to the left ob ? it is not marked ! I think i should be allowed to play from the water !

/retard mode off

In all seriousness..

Pre event
- What time do we start?
- Can my friend watch me play?
- What's in the players pack?
- If I can't make it, do I need to let you know?
- Do you take credit cards?
- Where is the course?
- My friend and I are riding together, can we be in the same pool?
- How many people will be in my division?
- I shoot ____ at ____. Which division should I enter?

During the event
- What time is the next round?
- Can I play with so and so?
- I don't like hole 4, can I start on hole 5?
- How do I get to hole 12?

After the event
- Why are my ratings messed up?
- When are the scores going to be turned in.
- Why does my score say 64? I shot 61.

Answers
Read the flyer. Yes. You will find out. Yes. No. Google it. No. Find out Saturday morning. Look at events in the past and figure it out. 2 minutes after the 2 minute warning. No. No. Find 11 go just past that. Because they are ratings. soon. You can't add.

Last edited:
And now my favorites over the years....

- Are we playing that lake as OB?
- I have a medical condition - I'm truly scared of starting on hole 13. Can we avoid that?
- Do we have to hole out or just hit the basket?
- Can I pay you after the event?
- Will the round be over by 5? My parole officer doesn't know I'm coming and I need to be home at 6.
- My girlfriend wants to come, but she has Turrets. Will her random noises bother people I'm playing with?
- Will you have a snake kit on site?

I get requests from deaf disc golfers to print out copies of my pre-tourney meeting announcments so they can read them instead of trying to read my lips.

The best snake kit is a sharpee, by the way.

Circle where you were bit so the paramedics can get to it quicker.

Most useful posts in this thread:
I get requests from deaf disc golfers to print out copies of my pre-tourney meeting announcments so they can read them instead of trying to read my lips.

The best snake kit is a sharpee, by the way.

Circle where you were bit so the paramedics can get to it quicker.
Although, do they really need to get to the bite to treat it? Do they still recommend suctioning out the venom or is the treatment simply administering the appropriate antivenin?

Last edited: