• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Courses Played in a state you haven't lived

I live less than an hour from the Ohio and West Virginia border, yet I've played more courses in Tennessee at 6, which isn't that many of course, but I've played in 13 states.

Now played 332 including 288 on this site plus the 44 temp and non listed courses.

When using the filters in the search feature on this site, I have 107 courses to reach my goal of playing every public course in Texas.

33 courses are marked private or pay to play, I will attempt to play as many of those as I can too. Several of the Private courses are almost impossible to play. They are not open to the public even for a fee. Some are in resorts, private company parks or on military bases (ones you can't get a day pass for like San Angelo)

Well I've only played 63 courses, most of which are in Ohio. I've played 7 in PA, including Moraine SP which is my favorite course over Idlewild. Hoping to get up to Michigan this summer!

I have played 22 in Pennsylvania and 15 in Virginia versus 18 in my home state of Maryland.

But it is only 20-30 minutes to either state border . . .

Update, DGCR TOTALS ONLY

total courses played: 1142
I live in California, played 397 in state

Top 5 states I don't live in:

1. Oregon 109
2. Arizona 82
3. Minnesota 67
4. North Carolina 57
5. Wisconsin 47

As a tar heel, and a noobie, I'm curious why NC is so far up the list? I know MN has a huge DG presence, but what about NC and Wisconsin?

As a tar heel, and a noobie, I'm curious why NC is so far up the list? I know MN has a huge DG presence, but what about NC and Wisconsin?

NC has a ton of great courses. Same with WI. WI has the 3rd or 4th most courses out of any state somehow.

I have played 22 in Pennsylvania and 15 in Virginia versus 18 in my home state of Maryland.

But it is only 20-30 minutes to either state border . . .

^ That was 2018. Current totals:

41 in Pennsylvania
30 in Maryland (home state)
24 in Virginia

Funny how the numbers change but the ratios stay pretty similar.

Charlotte. Charlotte. Charlotte.

And the Triangle's scene is pretty solid too.

I know there are some legendary courses in Charlotte, are there also a great quantity? And I thought the Triangle had only a few "must play" courses? Maybe my impression is incorrect.

Certainly if you include the Triad with the Triangle there is quite a few, but that's a lot of territory to cover.

I feel like once I really start bagging, I'll end up with more courses in MN than my home state of WI. I'm only an hour and a half from the Twin Cities area of MN that's LOADED with courses. That's the highest density of courses anywhere near me.

Lived in:

MT - 28
CA - 3

Most in other states:

WI - 21
TX - 10

Pretty lucky. Although if I hadn't started boycotting United it might have been Iowa where I played so many courses. Fortunately(or not, probably depending on whose opinion you take) Heavycritters reached out the first time I flew Delta into Madison. And now I'm a course bagger :\

Oh my how things have progressed...

Lived In:

MT - 58
CA - 3

Most in other states:

WI - 42
ID - 41
ND - 36
CO - 24
GA - 20

I know there are some legendary courses in Charlotte, are there also a great quantity? And I thought the Triangle had only a few "must play" courses? Maybe my impression is incorrect.

Certainly if you include the Triad with the Triangle there is quite a few, but that's a lot of territory to cover.

If only there was a website that you could use to search for disc golf courses in any city, state or zip code around the world.....

If only there was a website that you could use to search for disc golf courses in any city, state or zip code around the world.....

If only I could ask reasonable questions that might allow me to get the benefit of context from people who are actually traveling to play courses. Silly me.

As I already said, the Triangle, at least by the reviews on DGCR, doesn't have many must play courses.

How many people with a decent number of courses played have their highest count in a state they never lived in?

It's kinda cheap - but I'm at 47 played in Michigan (just shy of 1/3 my total) compared to 31 in my native Ohio, despite never living there.... mostly because my parents' house is literally at the border, and even now I'm a 5 min drive from it.

Ignoring Michigan... the 11 I've played in Kentucky would be the most in a state I haven't lived.

How many people with a decent number of courses played have their highest count in a state they never lived in?

It's kinda cheap - but I'm at 47 played in Michigan (just shy of 1/3 my total) compared to 31 in my native Ohio, despite never living there.... mostly because my parents' house is literally at the border, and even now I'm a 5 min drive from it.

Ignoring Michigan... the 11 I've played in Kentucky would be the most in a state I haven't lived.

I've got 63 in MI and 62 in OH. That number could be a lot more different if I ever get around to bagging Detroit's northern suburbs.

My 7 other states total 12 courses

I've got 63 in MI and 62 in OH. That number could be a lot more different if I ever get around to bagging Detroit's northern suburbs.

My 7 other states total 12 courses
Oh yeah, all I need is a day and some motivation and I could bump my Michigan count toward 60, especially with all the lil 9'ers.

I got 75 in MN. I'm kind of surprised it's not more actually.

The Triangle absolutely pales in comparison to Charlotte, in both quality and quantity.
The Triangle + Triad combined still don't come even remotely close to matching Charlotte on either front.
And that's not even considering hotbeds like Albemarle and upstate SC that are within easy reach of Charlotte.

If I was a visitor from out-of-state, I wouldn't see any reason at all to visit the Triangle, I'd just stick to Charlotte.

Latest posts