• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Embarrassing Disc Golf Story

We were playing the old Hammond Indiana course, Riverside Park circa 1987. I think they had restrooms there, but they were always locked. So my brother decides to go across the road, into the wooded area by the river to use the natural facilities. A minute later he comes running out of the woods with his pants around his ankles, flailing around, and jumping about like a crazed baboon. We all start laughing, and are like WTF dude? He claims that there were the most mosquitos that he had ever seen in his life concentratated in those woods, and he had to bail. We were like, you couldn't pull up your pants? He says no, it was to brutal. Still makes me lol when I think about it!

My most embarrassing disc golf moment was during a PDGA tournament at IUP College Lodge in Indiana PA. They had set up hole #17 as an island green. It is a pretty easy 240 ft shot from the longs. I had been playing for only about a year at this point so I did not carry too many discs in my bag. So I tee off with a forehand that really looked good but skips right into a tree nearest the basket and ends up rolling OB.

If you missed the island on your tee shot then you re-tee from the short tee which is like 200 ft with almost no obstacles. I proceed to throw another forehand that hits the same friggin tree and rolls OB. They were both good shots just a little unlucky on the roll. I start to get a little heated, even though my cardmates are being very supportive and end up grip locking my backhand mid range and miss the island again. Next shot with a mid I end up sawing off short.

At this point I am out of mids so I pull a BH driver which of course skips right through the island. I pull out another and do the same thing again. Next, try to go soft and of course it hyzers out of the circle left OB. The next few shots don't go any better. Tommy into the tree branches, putter that comes up short etc..

I finally realize that I am still standing on the tee with 9 discs sitting OB on a ridiculously easy hole with just an old beat up putter left in my bag.

I apologized to my cardmates and DNF'd on the spot and called it a day.

My most embarrassing disc golf moment was during a PDGA tournament at IUP College Lodge in Indiana PA. They had set up hole #17 as an island green. It is a pretty easy 240 ft shot from the longs. I had been playing for only about a year at this point so I did not carry too many discs in my bag. So I tee off with a forehand that really looked good but skips right into a tree nearest the basket and ends up rolling OB.

If you missed the island on your tee shot then you re-tee from the short tee which is like 200 ft with almost no obstacles. I proceed to throw another forehand that hits the same friggin tree and rolls OB. They were both good shots just a little unlucky on the roll. I start to get a little heated, even though my cardmates are being very supportive and end up grip locking my backhand mid range and miss the island again. Next shot with a mid I end up sawing off short.

At this point I am out of mids so I pull a BH driver which of course skips right through the island. I pull out another and do the same thing again. Next, try to go soft and of course it hyzers out of the circle left OB. The next few shots don't go any better. Tommy into the tree branches, putter that comes up short etc..

I finally realize that I am still standing on the tee with 9 discs sitting OB on a ridiculously easy hole with just an old beat up putter left in my bag.

I apologized to my cardmates and DNF'd on the spot and called it a day.

so out of curiousity what was your score on the hole at that point?

Me and a friend decided to play Arcadia #2 Park in DFW, Texas area.

~snip~

Bright side, I found my disc and that of someone else who did not want to brave the jungles of North Texas.

Was playing a round at bear creek in grapevine waiting for my wife to land at airport. Threw my disc and it hit and popped up and rolled slowly towards a creek drop off. As I watched my first disc ever bought...a 11x KC pro teebird go off I get sick to my stomach. I didn't realize the value of disc just it was my first. So I make the slow walk to where it was. I take a peak over. And there it is 7 feet below on the bank. Barely touching water. I see a less steep place I can go down. So I slide down. And start using the roots to balance myself. I grab the first root. It holds. Second holds. Third holds. I'm a step or two away now. I grab the next root feeling confident. Root snaps and I go sliding down the embankment to chest deep muck water. For anyone who hasn't played. The water is nasty and the base of creek is a mossy mud mix. I keep slipping and splashing. I cut the hell out of my arm on the slide down. As I finally make it to my knees. I step and my foot sinks. And fall back Over. And I loose a shoe. I try to reach for it. The mud has ate my left shoe. I get close to bank And almost upright. Throw my disc back up take off my one shoe and throw it up. Oh what's that. It's my cell phone. In my pocket. My aquarium background is now a real thing. I am just covered in mud and moss. I'm slipping Around still. And i try to make it up the hill. I can't. I'm worn down. ~snip~

Texas mud is legendary--never seen anything like it. And the muddy creeks are even worse. I've designed my entire disc golfing outfit just to handle the mud, creek diving, and the briars. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to avoid getting covered in burs...

...Its a warm winter round (25-30deg)and as soon as I shank my drive I realize that there is something else wrong but it takes a min to figure it out... Blew out the crotch on my jeans and a toddler size weinnie is flappin in the breeze

I don't know if this is trolling but it may be the funniest one on here

Not my story but I heard about this from a tourney last weekend
The video goes quick so this is what happened. He goes to throw a thumber and hits the ski lift cables that are running across the fairway the disc shoots back and hits a tree behind him and falls back into the tee box.
The worst part was I was told he did the same thing the next round with a little less luck it hit the cable and went back but didn't hit a tree and ended up pretty far behind him.

http://youtu.be/X59zBS4ZVs4

the other day i tried to hyzerflip a bottomstamp destroyer to reach a 435 foot hole. i shortly after found several kernals of corn in my underwear. :confused:

Didn't think I would ever have to post in this thread but in one weekend I have two stories.

#1) My young nephew is being loud so he is off somewhere with his parents while I watch the 2nd card semi finals at the worlds with my 10 month old. Discussion for another thread maybe, but, I never knew how quiet the gallery is for these events. Anyways in the middle of Steve Rico's run up and back swing of his second shot my girl lets out a squawk, and in full swing, Steve Balks. He did have the presents of mind to hold onto the disc and save a potential horrible shot, and along with the majority of the spectators gave a somewhat disapproving glance my way. My bad. Next time baby stays behind.

#2) Pier Park the day after #1. Being in Portland I didn't want to miss the opportunity to play and cuz it's a family vacation everyone comes with me. 4 adults and 2 under 2 means we are a tad slow for an already busy course. Although I'm the only dg addict my family will still come and enjoy a round, but may not be totally in tune with course etiquette. However, I didn't realize that I would have to turn back on my way to the next basket only to find my brother in-laws holding up a two group lineup behind us as they change a soiled diaper smack in the middle of the second fairway. Total disregard for anyone else in the park. I just shake my head and pretend I'm not with them. Gotta love family :)

Last edited:

Latest posts