• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Insane Disc Retreival???

I was playing a tournament in early december in Pennsylvania and a guy in my group throws his disc into a lake. He proceeds to take off his shoes during a snowstorm, rolls his pant legs up and goes into the lake for the disc. Not sure i would have done the same

I was playing a tournament in early december in Pennsylvania and a guy in my group throws his disc into a lake. He proceeds to take off his shoes during a snowstorm, rolls his pant legs up and goes into the lake for the disc. Not sure i would have done the same

its only the hickory lake......i made that hole to be fun. If you ended up in the water, you overestimated your ability. You could have bailed out to the right side :)

Seriously tho...that event was crazy!!! and we're still finding discs from the event!!

I just finished the 18th hole at Jordan Creek (the hole with two creeks you have to span) in November and I saw a couple of guys downstream using a golden retriever to try to snag a disc in the water. I ask them if they need some help. They said they were going to keep trying with the retriever when I said "I have waterproof hikers on, no problem". The problem is that the creek drops off at least a foot for each foot you wade out so by the time I bend down to get to their disc, I have water up to my neck...November water. I slosh out and hand them their disc which was a Zelect disc with a pretty cool dye, so I'm kind of glad it didn't get washed away. Even though it was a tad bit ridiculous, I still smile when I think about it.

I let my friend use my DX Leopard one round and there is this really, super nasty pond and well it landed in it. It was floating and he just went in it and swam to get it. We took his car though, if we took mine I would of just been like dude don't worry about it.

I look for disc's all the time...more extreme...I went in a muddy, stinky ass cow pond covered in scum to find a disc...i went in and found another one after being waist deep. SO, i figure, "there's gotta be more" So i searched til sun-down covered in algae and stink, my feet were burried in the muck and i could barely move, lota sticks and unseen dangers....barbed wire too...it was ****ty, not doing that again...but i found 4 discs...only 1 good one, and mine!
yeah, F those "i used a stick" people, get yo shoes off and jump in, dont be a wimp.

Latest posts