• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Most popular MVP molds

Most popular MVP molds

• Total voters
The first run of Electron in the Atom was trash; it's came a long way since then. The new Electron is actually durable enough that use it for upshots on wooded courses.

I still have a first run Atom... I have something to compare the new good stuff to.

I have slammed my medium E Volt into several trees, its tougher than KC Pro

Last edited:
I aint taking anything against you.

You stand by your beliefs, I can respect that.
:thmbup:

Well to back to the topic at hand. Horseman, there usually isnt a lot of difference between the neutron and proton plastics flight wise, its more about PLH. The one reason that I typically pick N over P, is the colors. The Ps tend to be slightly less vivid(though the dayglow green is pretty vivid), and so I usually tend to go after the neutrons or plasma plastic. Plasma is typically a tad less stable than P or N.

I have slammed my medium E Volt into several trees, its tougher than KC Pro

I lost my E volt, and the person who texted me found my "jumbled up rough looking volt"

If you play heavy woods, dont use electron. They truly suck.

I lost my E volt, and the person who texted me found my "jumbled up rough looking volt"

If you play heavy woods, dont use electron. They truly suck.

I play in East Tennessee...you don't get much heavier woods than we have....plus all the sharp exposed granite and sandstone...this is the perfect testing ground for new plastic

I play in East Tennessee...you don't get much heavier woods than we have....plus all the sharp exposed granite and sandstone...this is the perfect testing ground for new plastic

Hahahaha E TN is the standard?

Come play up in MN sometime homie. Ill haul you around too

Horseman, from what I seen, the 3 most popular MVP/Axiom plastics are Neutron, Plasma and Soft Electron. I can't promise this is a nationwide phenomenon; it may just be local choice influenced by weather and terrain.

Me now: Innova drivers, Discraft mids, MVP putters.*

*Subject to change.

Particle, Relay, Vector, Octane for MVP in my bag. Running mostly axiom for the rest Crave, Vanish, and Proxy.

4 discs with no votes, I wonder how good a round you could play with just a Spin, Tensor, Shock, and Impulse?

*I bet if they made the Spin in Soft Neutron or Soft Proton it would be more popular.

4 discs with no votes, I wonder how good a round you could play with just a Spin, Tensor, Shock, and Impulse?

Slightly understable putter, stable/overstable midrange, workable overstable fairway, and understable fairway? Sounds like 4 great discs. Bet the average player's scores wouldn't be that different, especially after throwing them a few times to get a good feel.

To me, that type of flight is utility only. I have no use for either one and only see faf Firebirds used by forehanders who depend on anny release to play the sport.

Wow, called out lol. Nothing wrong with a little anny as long as it's not the only shot in your bag.

Electrons are actually molded up slightly different. If you had to choose, go soft electron over medium; everyone I know prefers soft e over medium.

Well, yeah. I'm a fan of electron plastic, in general, though I do prefer the soft electron.

Not knowing what models are actually popular with MVP throwers, I voted for the molds I think should be popular. I've not thrown all of them, of course, so from among those that I've thrown. None of the distance drivers made my list because I can't take advantage of their speed--I can't get a good grip on the wide rims, for starters, and don't think I generate enough speed to take advantage of them anyway.

To me, that type of flight is utility only. I have no use for either one and only see faf Firebirds used by forehanders who depend on anny release to play the sport.

Buddy of mine throws about like Moose (450 range for FH's) and can flick putters 300 feet no problem... he likes FAF birds cause he can lay into them into the wind and count on them, same reason I throw my motion into the wind on wide open 350 feet holes. He also chunks a FAF bird on short holes, like I throw my motion. 200 foot hole? Throw a hyzer, tap in your birdie. I love the motion for headwind and OS duties and a FAF bird is the same way.

Yea, we dont always trust retailers since a lot of times they just try to push whatever is new and not always what is most popular. Legacy did us dirty like that. Plus I trust DGCR a lot more .

MVP wouldnt mislead their clients FWIW. They want their retail partners to succeed.

I'm just starting to throw the Volt in Fission (163) and the Envy in Neutron (173). I also have a Matrix in Proton (170). I like them all, but with just a few throws in on the Volt and Envy, I think the Volt might become a favorite for me among all my discs. I definitely like the feel of the Fission plastic best, though I haven't tried to get the others dirty and scuffed a bit to decrease their slipperiness.

I went briefly insane and tried some GYRO. My findings:

Inertia, Relay, Servo and Resistor are all great drivers.

The mids are forgettable.

Ion is a fantastic thrower and goes as far as a mid on a good pull, which is great because their mids are so meh.

And electron isn't good. Just don't bother.