• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Most Underrated Putters

Warlock hands down. Overshadowed by it's bigger brother the Wizard, the Warlock is a beadless aviar that comes in vastly superior plastic. I've felt medium/soft warlocks that could be dead ringers for KC Plastic. The McPro aviar got everyone hot & bothered but Gateway has had that disc available for years. They beat in to be super straight & consistent flyers regardless of flexibility. Check them out if you hate spending big $ for McPros

jcassidy is bringing the truth! I just picked up a couple of theese and they are freakin sweet.

XD. Really a fantastic disc. Would probably be up there with Pures, Judges, Aviars, omegas, and Wizards if it came in better plastic.

Warlock hands down. Overshadowed by it's bigger brother the Wizard, the Warlock is a beadless aviar that comes in vastly superior plastic. I've felt medium/soft warlocks that could be dead ringers for KC Plastic. The McPro aviar got everyone hot & bothered but Gateway has had that disc available for years. They beat in to be super straight & consistent flyers regardless of flexibility. Check them out if you hate spending big $ for McPros

Nailed it... it so ended up that I ordered a McPro Aviar and an M Warlock at the same time early last year and they are nearly the same disc.
I personally am a fan of Super Soft Warlocks, pliable enough to have a bit of give in the flight plate but firm enough to not be floppy. It is indeed a beadless Aviar that is available in superior plastic. Unfortunately, it is overshadowed by other neutral beadless molds like the Aviar P&A, Magnet, and most recently, Warden.

Latitude 64 Sinus

Good in the circle, excels on approach. The soft is so easy to range and have stick.

I have one of these and love it on short to medium putts....never have I felt a disc that feels this perfect in the hand....but be warned it does have a fade, that has made some longer putts very frustrating for me...based on feel it is my favorite. Unfortunately I no longer carry it in my bag.

The most underrated putter is the Westside Swan2!
Its so unique and the plastic feels amazing.

:)

Legacy Clozer. It's the lower profile KC Aviar you never knew you wanted. Great disc, and I really like the Gravity plastic. I prefer my putters beaded and decently deep, but I tried the Clozer and really enjoyed It.

You don't hear a ton of talk about Legacy putters, but I hear more (and have seen more people on the course with) the Clutch. But I prefer the Clozer.

Prodigy PA4 in 400G plastic! Stiff, premium plastic, but nice tacky, grippy feel.

For driving/upshots, I think the Pig should get more love, especially the stiff pro ones from the Factory Store.

Summit! I don't putt with them, but I always have one in the bag.

XD. Really a fantastic disc. Would probably be up there with Pures, Judges, Aviars, omegas, and Wizards if it came in better plastic.

Get ahold of a bar or bullet stamped, even some PFN's. You can usually tell which PFN's are that butter/chalky goodness because they are also FAF.

I've recently started using a ProLine Breaker as my main driving putter, and the thing is just straight money. I think I've only seen a couple other people that use it.

The ABC Discs Money Putter is exactly that. Money. This disc feels great. I doubt most people in the US have even tried it. I love the feel of the plastic. It's probably the most commonly used putter here at Skare Woods in Rochelle IL, but it's definitely underrated in the outside the Midwest.

I switched over to the Dagger when it came out in June and haven't looked back since. Underrated at the moment because it has only been out for a short while, but it is a great putter and upshot disc. The deep dish feel is great for those with larger hands, and the float is outstanding on it. There are times when I feel like I shortarmed a putt, only to see it float just over the top of the cage and in. They are more stable in the wind than I expected too. On long putts into headwinds, the float can be a little tricky to gauge, but I figured it out after a while. Definitely give these a look if you want to try something new. Can't wait for them to come out in stiff plastic.

I've recently started using a ProLine Breaker as my main driving putter, and the thing is just straight money. I think I've only seen a couple other people that use it.

I guess I just think it's in a stability bracket that disqualifies it from "most under rated". They're awesome. For sure. But it's also a slot that not many people fill. So it could be thrown by no one, but still be considered one of the best putters in it's category. The Rhyno gets no love, but it's a great putter.

Not many people putt with Challengers anymore...

There seems to be alot of guys putting challengers and magnets around here. Lots of DC love

Latest posts