• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most valuable/expensive disc you bag and throw

I have a Lucid Judge in there right now... it seems until they mold these up again, finding a backup/replacement will cost a pretty dime.

In terms of discs I bag that would probably sell right now for more than I originally paid, most likely just a pretty cool looking 5x claw mark ESP Buzzz. It flies too good to give up though. For me, if I had a disc that someone would give up like $75+ for, I'm more than happy to go with a stock version of that mold that will give me at least 80% as good a flight as my fancy one, but with something like that Buzzz I figure best case scenario a couple folks on eBay get hot and bothered and bid it up to like $30-40, so I'll just keep it right where it is.

I have a Lucid Judge in there right now... it seems until they mold these up again, finding a backup/replacement will cost a pretty dime.

I'm in the same boat but even worse off, because my Judge is a Lucid-X. So who knows if they will even run those next year, unless Paige S. decides to make it her tour series disc.

I've thought long and hard about what to do if I lose it. I've found myself throwing my Classic Blend Judges a lot more often instead, unless I truly need that little bit of added stability from the L-X. And once the snow hits I plan to slide a BT Medium Crown into the bag to fill the "fresh Judge" thrower slot for the winter. I've also thought about switching back to a Plasma Envy as my stable driving putter, but I just don't want to bag four separate putter molds if I don't have to in the long run.

I really hate that the first run McBeth Zones are so valuable. I left one on the course a month or two ago and even though I have 4 left, I'm too paranoid to bag one. I carry a newer stock one that doesn't feel or fly the same.

I bag a Sky God 3. Bought a pair from OTB on release day and I think they cost me $26 each. Color glow is my favorite plastic and I love a slight puddle top, so it is my favorite P2. That release was when the floodgates really opened on the pandemic disc market, so I've been trying to bite the bullet and trade for another couple back-ups. I'm sure the one I've beat in will still last for years, but I'm worried I'll lose it.

I have a pre 2007 Ace Race ESP XL, that was before the ESP plastic changed to almost ESP FLX from start of 2007 Ace Race. Then for one year 2008 ESP FLX was all one could find. In 2009 after the return ESP was softer/less durable to about a 3x to 5x more durable X depending on the run. I use this ESP XL as my tick more OS Stalker.

A Pro Shark from last run in 2014, those are amazing for Shark discs, wanted more for a cycle of OS and Neutral. It was sad to see standard Pro got pulled for everything except fairway speed 7 on up, even most 6 do not get made in Pro.

The XL was last of the good ESP run pre 2007 Ace Race with a tournament Stamp and last run Pro Shark from early 2014 was bought just before the standard Pro plastic in 2014 went to be used for only 6-7 speed on up. I never paid for them at high prices.

$20 if I wipe residue off?
Second hand PFN Star Teebird I have had about 5 years as a straight and shaping workhorse. Paired with a fairly fresh star AJ Teebird as the only fairways for my minimal bag.
Big bagging sometimes sees appearance a very faf old near opaque stamp wiped blue champ firebird or a red rainbow stamp pfn star firebird.

Attachments

• BE11BA24-CE93-4C0E-B74F-4C90DD5F4D68.jpeg
    BE11BA24-CE93-4C0E-B74F-4C90DD5F4D68.jpeg
    19.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 963AF472-EDB2-4501-8014-6A6A635AE01E.jpeg
    963AF472-EDB2-4501-8014-6A6A635AE01E.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 24
I have a 5X Cryztal Luna ill be bagging when the snow goes away again. Mostly because discraft can't seem to bring a production run of premium plastic Luna out, just limited releases.

But right now, I bag a few Halo Star Teebird3's. Can't beat the flight of them.

I've not checked, yet I suspect some of my old, OOP discs could have some collector value. I carry one of my Omega SS protos, so that'd be the only one with extra value in the bag. It's also amusing to point out that my putter is older than some of the folks I meet on the course.

First run Z Stalker. I own 2 but am only bagging one. Paid about $35 on eBay for it. I love that it doesn't have the braille on the inner rim. I f'ing hate that about newer Discraft. Stop with the raised bumpy braille on the inner rim. Just stop. You are soiling your wonderful molds. I love Discraft but stop this mess.

I'll throw a CE eagle when it's not too cold, and a 2016 Sexton year round.

I think disc prices are pretty crazy, especially sextons. They come out every year, are all pretty much the same, yet the older stamp is worth 5x retail.

Made to fly, let em fly.

2 First Run Champion Gators, one in my road bag and one in my home bag. Both have been there since I bought them when they came out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An interesting follow-up thread would be the total cost in your bag, or maybe an average value per disc.

Mine is pretty cheap. Three tie for the lead at $17.99 (tie-dye Z Comet purchased on Amazon, slightly older "PFN" Z Wasp purchased in 2019 on Marshall Street, and an Eclipse soft Proton Ion also from MST). I throw almost all premium plastic, with just one DX and two Pro discs, but do have some relative cheap premiums: two Innova F2s and four Discraft misprints. The Discraft discs in particular were a steal in retrospect.

One or two of those misprints would probably be the hardest and/or most expensive to replace. Though my "most irreplaceable," theyre probably not worth the most cash:
- A Star Teebird factory second, purchased back in 2015 with some McPro Aviars, was a really nice overstable run of "swirly star" way before I thought swirly Star was a thing. $11.99 at the time, and still looks and flies beautiful.
- 2015 Ledgestone Ti Zone from a misprint pack in 2015-2016. Somewhat "mildly" overstable and thus very workable.
- Misprint 174g ESP Surge from 2016 or 2017? Decent HSS for a Surge, but also excellent glide. It's my "Teebird equivalent driver" and one of my favorite headwind or downhill drivers. I suppose the main problem is they just don't make many ESP Surges these days.

Last edited: