• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most valuable/expensive disc you bag and throw

Discs currently in the bag with some value:

3rd run C-line PD
CE Firebird
Pearly PFN Multipurpose Champ Gator
Elephant Rock SB Rival

I would guess the PD and Firebird are worth 50ish each. Rival is 30-35. The Gator is worth some serious $, not sure exactly how much with how used it is. It's a "sometimes" disc but the others are in my regular bag.

All of those discs were bought new or slightly used at basically stock prices.

Never paid over $20 for a disc,and only did it 3 times (all for OOP throwers):
2 Swirl APX's
1 Z-Storm

Only things in my bag that might be worth more than $20 are my GG Master's Cup Star Sonic and a Devan Owens Opto-X Sparkle River. And even those are targeted to a niche market.

Most expensive disc I own is probably one of those Drew Gibson Corvette-logo Star Destroyers, from a players pack. Reddit had a field day with those. I wonder how much I could sell it for.

My core bag hasn't changed several years. I try not to lose discs.
  • CE TL
  • CE Teebird
  • 2-line AJ Destroyer
  • 3-line AJ Destroyer
  • 2 PFN Star Wraiths
  • PFN Star Firebird
  • PFN Star Sidewinder
  • Plus some other flotsam

Nothing much of value here. Since I replaced Flat Top Rancho Rocs with DX Roc3s, most everything in my bag is cheap and easily replaceable. Base plastic for all slow discs and Pro for fairways and faster. I bag a few oddballs (Spirit, Stego) as well, but nothing expensive.

Not much of value but I have a Pre Climo Star Wraith that I throw. The only thing that makes it irreplaceable is the way it flies. I use it for only FH throws and it just bombs!

Not much of value but I have a Pre Climo Star Wraith that I throw. The only thing that makes it irreplaceable is the way it flies. I use it for only FH throws and it just bombs!

The Climo Wraith from the era Climo was still playing in Open a few rare discs in Champion and a few in old Pro ended up with the wing mistake similar to some Star Ricky Destroyer due to mold up errors and making too many Wraith discs simply due to players wanting the same or close as they could get set of discs to those that Ken Climo used. The Destroyer had yet to take off among players as a disc, even though the mold was out at the time in late 2000's.

I've got all these old oop XLs and Fugitives.

They're almost worth as much as stock price.

Yeah. I'm a high roller.

I have an old ESP XL 170 grams I use rarely in my bag as an OS version of the Z Stalker when winds are just that high. The old ESP XL not worth much but has a 2007 tournament stamp on the white plastic. What it does have going for it is the plastic is the good ESP before the plastic lost its durability in 2009, and is missing the swirl that makes the modern ESP just as durable as old ESP from before 2009 but easily lost in the right colors due to the swirl plastic colors.

I guess my 2008 AR Nebula. I don't know what collector price is but they're getting scarce so it's quite valuable to me. I've got an Opto-X McCray Fuse and a Paul McBeth proto mid (Malta) but big whoop. By far the most valuable is any of the 2nd run Ions I'll throw in to putt with on nice days.

Oh and an XT Polecat. :rolleyes:

Current... PFN star firebird, mild dome. Red 175. Mild rim ink. Sweet spotted cared for thrower. No gashes / Never used as a spiker. Stamp pretty sharp yet as she lands on her belly.

... fresh CE valks and early QJLS runs my most exotics historically. (Moved 'up' incrementally to cannons for max and an all teebird fairway line up*)

*dx roc is a fairway in my belief system / game

I have a 1st run CE Valk that occasionally still ends up in the bag. Which sounds really bitchin, but it's really used (and really, really floppy now).. It's even been picked up by a dog once.

I have a 1st run CE Valk that occasionally still ends up in the bag. Which sounds really bitchin, but it's really used (and really, really floppy now).. It's even been picked up by a dog once.

I fished a CE Valk out of a lake last year that is just destroyed. Someone literally threw this disc to death. On the 1-10 scale I'd give it MAYBE a 4. I haven't thrown it, but I'd imagine its super flippy.

I think once a disc reaches that stage it loses pretty much all value.:D