• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mountain Bike Integration

BuiltTooLong

Double Eagle Member
Does anyone know of any courses where there is also a Mountain Bike trail in the same park? Thanks for your help.

Tons. Stony Creek MetroPark, Kensington MetroPark, Avalanche, Boyne Mountain, off the top of my head. In Michigan, it is likely that as many courses have park mountain bike trails, as don't.

Tons. Stony Creek MetroPark, Kensington MetroPark, Avalanche, Boyne Mountain, off the top of my head. In Michigan, it is likely that as many courses have park mountain bike trails, as don't.

Thanks, Kensington was the only one that pulled up on DGCR when searching these parks. I am trying to get in touch with any of these course designers as well, if you have any insight on that.

Seneca Creek State Park has a 27-hole disc golf course and several mountain bike trails. The trail crosses the disc golf course between holes. If space is available this is a great way to avoid potentially dangerous situations.

Meyer Broadway in Three Rivers MI. Mountain bike trail added this year, has had minimal effect on the course. Occasionally have to wait a few seconds to throw, but no big deal.

Thanks, Kensington was the only one that pulled up on DGCR when searching these parks. I am trying to get in touch with any of these course designers as well, if you have any insight on that.

Outside of safety as the paramount consideration, I don't really have much insight for you. If there is even the remotes of chances that a biker could get hit with a disc, that is far too great. IMO, if one biker gets hit, the course is at risk of getting pulled. They won't shut down the bike trail, it will be the course.

I am sure you know this, hence the query. :thmbup:

There were Mountain Bikers at Lake Dillon DGC while I was there, and Bailey DGC has trails, but I'm not sure if bikes are allowed at the same time. I believe the course was shut down during a Mountain Bike event, so maybe they coexist?

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=8358

Trailside (duh!) park in Utah.

Another safety consideration is bikes hitting disc golfers. Would you want some Dad's six year old girl sitting on the trail when a bike comes down the hill around a blind corner? Even having grown-up disc golfers walking along the bike trail is a concern.

Outside of safety as the paramount consideration, I don't really have much insight for you. If there is even the remotes of chances that a biker could get hit with a disc, that is far too great. IMO, if one biker gets hit, the course is at risk of getting pulled. They won't shut down the bike trail, it will be the course.

I am sure you know this, hence the query. :thmbup:

While maybe true, 70% of DG courses have major park user(or neighbor)/disc golf conflict, yet the sport still grows.

Winged Deer Park in Johnson City, TN had trails put in within the last couple years. I mountain bike and disc golf and appreciate being able to do both from the same parking lot, but while the majority of the trails don't interfere with the course, in a couple of spots it runs too close along fairways and crosses the path between holes right after a turn on the trail.

There is a trail near the Powerhouse Ally Course in Oahe Downstream State park. The course is right next to the small paved start to the actual unpaved trail, you walk right over the paved part to get to the next part of the course. The trail is not made for bikes rather near Steamboat park in Pierre South Dakota about 1/2 to 2/3 a mile away are some trails on Lafamboisie Island, has a causeway to get to the island that are tight I mean tight single track as well as double track and flat track and all different trails, you do about 9 miles of stuff to have done the whole set of trails including the backtrack on some of the trails. Some old parts of edge trails are gone now after a flood in 2011 messed up the entire Missouri River but only like one or two sections. When I ran more, I did the whole 9 miles in 2014 one time. normally I did a 5 mile out and back single track a 4.5 mile out and back with several trail types and a 6 mile loop that had most of the trail types on the island, there is also a 5.5 mile route that was not done as much due to the thing being flooded in the right times of the year and in bigger rains.

Latest posts