• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

Winged Deer was a nice track at Master Pro Worlds. However, that layout was overly biased towards right turning shots. So maybe worth up to a 4.25 for lefties and RHFH throwers and 3.75 for RHBH dominant. Had worst (61) and best (52) rated rounds there taming it with improved BH rollers and BH turns second time through.

I've got a trip for you! I'm currently in East Tennessee, about 20 minutes from #10 in the World - Harmon Hills (4.7), 20 mins from Winged Deer, grossly underrated at 3.4, 30 minutes from Sugar Hollow (4.0) - all of these were used in the Pro World Masters in August.
Then about 45 minutes away is Panther Creek (4.2) plus 3 others around 3.5 in Morristown. Oh yeah, I'm only 10 mins from Warriors Path SP (3.75), plus several others within these drive times of various length and quality. :thmbup:

Oooooo! :O

That sounds like a good one!

Winged Deer was a nice track at Master Pro Worlds. However, that layout was overly biased towards right turning shots. So maybe worth up to a 4.25 for lefties and RHFH throwers and 3.75 for RHBH dominant. Had worst (61) and best (52) rated rounds there taming it with improved BH rollers and BH turns second time through.

My thoughts exactly Chuck! It was a bad day for my forehand to not be working. Then, on #17, I finally throw a good one, and it went way past the basket! :wall:

A couple of weeks ago, the week of the MCO, my wife picked a burger spot in Kport and Zach M and Vinny were eating there! I should have asked ZM if he designed Winged Deer!! :D

We have a new leader!
Harmony Bends moved from #3 to #1 after a 5 star review by Tyler J today.

Harmony Bends 4.85
Jarva 4.85
Selah Ranch Lakeside 4.84
I did not even think about that as a possibility when writing that review.

Time will tell if it can stay above those other two - I know some of the 4.5s for Harmony Bends are at least partly due to the flooding it gets, and I considered that as well since such circumstances kept me from playing it early in the year.

Most fun I've ever had was my 2nd round at HB.
My 1st round #'s 1, and 10-14 were flooded, and it was still spectacular.

Between my visits, they added the steps on #10 and #15, and expanded the parking.

I did not even think about that as a possibility when writing that review.

Time will tell if it can stay above those other two - I know some of the 4.5s for Harmony Bends are at least partly due to the flooding it gets, and I considered that as well since such circumstances kept me from playing it early in the year.

a few weeks ago i got rained out and wasnt able to play it either

sucks but oh well

looks like ill just have to take another trip ;)

I got super lucky at HB and played it November, and it was absolutely perfect. One of my top 3 courses played.

November golf is great. I can't imagine HB being better any other time of year. I'll probably have to go again within the next year just to make sure. You know, for research.

That's another 5/5 for Harmony Bends from kp_1024.

It looks like Eagle's Crossing and Lake Marshall will not only crack the top ten, but might hold the top two spots later this year. Are there any other top ten potential courses in the works ?

this pondering already might have been mentioned

but if timothy reset all the ratings would courses would re emerge

and what ones are just things of the past or has beens

or falsely found their way into the top courses

It looks like Eagle's Crossing and Lake Marshall will not only crack the top ten, but might hold the top two spots later this year. Are there any other top ten potential courses in the works ?

John Houck mentioned several projects he's working on recently, maybe he can weigh in. I'm most interested in his re-design of Shaver Park in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. This park was destroyed during the derecho and they received a grant to renovate. Early map designs I've seen make it look like some beautiful wooded golf.

I am just getting started on one outside of Blacksburg, VA that has the potential- 360 acres of mountains about equally divided between former pasture and woodland. There will be at minimum 2 courses on site.

I am just getting started on one outside of Blacksburg, VA that has the potential- 360 acres of mountains about equally divided between former pasture and woodland. There will be at minimum 2 courses on site.

Outstanding John!!! That's an easy drive from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk